Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#23626 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is almost as overwhelming as your hypocrisy.
What does that have to do with Obama wasting taxpayer money? It helps to read what you post before you post it, but with your literacy problems, what should we expect? Thanks for proving my points again!
What does "Obama wasting taxpayer money" have to do with what I posted?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23627 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "Obama wasting taxpayer money" have to do with what I posted?
What does anything you post have to do with ANYTHING? Salem must be a very lonely place..

Location hidden

#23628 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
What does that have to do with Obama wasting taxpayer money? It helps to read what you post before you post it, but with your literacy problems, what should we expect? Thanks for proving my points again!
OH-NO Mr. Guest, more good news that you conservatives hate, hold on here it comes..........

The U.S. dollar is back!

Thanks to a U.S. economy that is outperforming its peers in the developed world, an improving energy trade balance spurred by a domestic energy boom, and a shifting interest rate environment, market practitioners are coming around to the notion that the dollar is poised to enter a new bull market.

While the post-crisis recovery in the United States has been tepid by historical standards, it's clearly done well when compared to the world's other developed economies.

Now, everyone seems bullish on the U.S. dollar and is calling the big turn upward.

Location hidden

#23629 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
BTW, what does your accusation Obama wasting taxpayer money, have

to do with those post numbers of your dumb down answers,

you can't come up with any, so you changed the subject?

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23630 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OH-NO Mr. Guest, more good news that you conservatives hate, hold on here it comes..........
The U.S. dollar is back!
Thanks to a U.S. economy that is outperforming its peers in the developed world, an improving energy trade balance spurred by a domestic energy boom, and a shifting interest rate environment, market practitioners are coming around to the notion that the dollar is poised to enter a new bull market.
While the post-crisis recovery in the United States has been tepid by historical standards, it's clearly done well when compared to the world's other developed economies.
Now, everyone seems bullish on the U.S. dollar and is calling the big turn upward.
Then why are you still poor?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23631 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the master at that!
what

Monette, AR

#23632 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You've changed the topic three times. And if you don't realize that Obama has wasted tax payer money then you've once again proven that you are literally too stupid to insult.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23633 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, Yes I have to keep an eye out for you and those traps, you are a sneaky little dickens, aren't you?
OOPS, look what just snuck up on you!
By Lucia Mutikani
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Retail sales rose solidly in February as Americans bought automobiles and other goods even as they paid more for gasoline, suggesting consumer spending this quarter will hold up despite higher taxes.
The Commerce Department said on Wednesday retail sales increased 1.1 percent, the largest rise since September, after a revised 0.2 percent gain in January.
Economists polled by Reuters had expected retail sales to rise 0.5 percent last month after a previously reported 0.1 percent gain in January.
So-called core sales, which strip out automobiles, gasoline and building materials and correspond most closely with the consumer spending component of gross domestic product, rose 0.4 percent after advancing 0.3 percent in January.
U.S. stock index futures erased earlier losses, while prices for Treasury debt fell. The dollar rose against the yen and extended gains versus the euro.
The retail sales data was the latest to suggest momentum in the economy as fiscal policy tightened, marked by the end of a 2 percent payroll tax cut and an increase in tax rates for wealthy Americans on January 1.
Job gains accelerated in February and manufacturing put in its best performance in 1-1/2 years.
"The data add to the view that the U.S. economy continues to show reassuring resilience in the face of fiscal headwinds, and that consumers will help drive a further upturn in the economy in the first quarter," said Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit.
The gains in core sales in the first two months of the year offered hope that consumer spending would probably not slow much this quarter after growing at a 2.1 percent annual rate in the fourth quarter. Consumer spending accounts for about 70 percent of the U.S. economy.
That should help boost economic growth after output barely expanded in the last three months of 2012.
Barclays raised its first-quarter growth estimate by three tenths of a percentage point to 2.2 percent after the upbeat retail sales report.
From your people..

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/world-p...

Location hidden

#23634 Mar 13, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>You've changed the topic three times. And if you don't realize that Obama has wasted tax payer money then you've once again proven that you are literally too stupid to insult.
Again just what does "Obama has wasted tax payer money" have to do with proving what you posted.

My stance is as it has been since you inserted yourself into this conversation, an that is.

The economy is improving.

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23635 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Again just what does "Obama has wasted tax payer money" have to do with proving what you posted.
My stance is as it has been since you inserted yourself into this conversation, an that is.
The economy is improving.
Hey dumb ass the economy always improves in the winter time, people back east have to spend big dollars on heating fuels and such.

Location hidden

#23636 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>From your people..
LMAO, from my people?

You sure you don't have this confused with Politicus USA.

Location hidden

#23637 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dumb ass the economy always improves in the winter time, people back east have to spend big dollars on heating fuels and such.
Sure it does, if they have snow at the ski resorts.
constable

United States

#23638 Mar 13, 2013
Hi
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#23639 Mar 13, 2013
I knew a guy that lived in the east. He owned wreckers. His buisness boomed in the winter from cars that where wrecked ,stranded or wouldnt start. He starved in the warmer months. about the omly work in the warmer months was doing REPOS.

Location hidden

#23640 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>From your people..
Oh this a good one..........

World poll: Image of U.S. declines

In Mexico, U.S. leadership had a 37 percent approval — an 11 percentage point increase from 2011, according to Gallup.

Wait a minute, your headline said decline??????????

OOPS, here it is,

"In Europe, U.S. leadership dipped from 42 percent in 2011 to 36 percent for last year"

WOW, that bad huh?

Well it was a Gallop poll, so that is worth 4 points and then you have a Whopping 4.8 percentage points margin of error from that huge sampling of 1,000 individuals aged 15 and older in 130 countries last year.

Man how can that not be a true sampling?

Not to fear Warrior, pollsters said that with 95 percent confidence that the margin of error is 4.8 %

95% sure, that is getting on up there Warrior.

Great post man.
I dig it.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

SE Michigan

#23641 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>12% and just where do you get that at? LMAO! You better redo your math girl!
It depends on what you're invested in. I like mutual funds. I used 12% as an "average." Some years will be higher, some lower. LMAO. Tell me where my math is wrong.

SE Michigan

#23642 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I-fund
What's an I-fund?

SE Michigan

#23643 Mar 13, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> there isnt any safe investment that agerages 12%.
I never used the word "safe." There is always risk in investing, but there there are also different levels of risk. That's why I like mutual funds. The risk is greatly reduced compared to buying single stocks. I have lots of different mutual funds and they earned anywhere from 11% to 20% this past year. I also have very conservative funds in a mandatory ira through work that have averaged 6%-7% during it's lifetime to date.

That same worker I described would have a nest egg of $133,339.71 using the same time frame and investing scenerio, but with an average interest rate of 6%. Not a bad chunk of change to have sitting there in addition to social security and a possible pension.

SE Michigan

#23644 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You should be a multi-millionaire by now with that Michigan Math of yours! LOL!
True, I should be. Unfortunately, I didn't take my own advice for too many years. Like everyone else, I thought I was supposed to borrow money for things I couldn't afford to buy, build up credit, so I could borrow even more, and then pay interest on everything. Thank God I hated paying interest, so I didn't get in too deep with "bad debt." Then I found Dave Ramsey one day while at work and it was like a light bulb had gone on. I finally figured out where I had gone wrong and am now working my way out of a mess. Luckily, most of it is what my financial advisor calls "good debt." Either way, it's debt and it sucks. If only all that interest I paid over the years had gone into mutual funds instead! If only people were taught this stuff in school! It infuriates me to see play credit cards for preschoolers!(But they aren't allowed to play with toy guns! Go figure!) They are ensuring a lifetime of debt and poverty to people who can't even count yet!

SE Michigan

#23645 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, I have some money I would like for you to invest at that 12% you talk about..
Send it to my Paypal account.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Allen 1 hr Cody 26
sunset motel,by doughnut shop. 12 hr 1sister43 1
Gregory Johnson 12 hr John Longrod 26
Don't move to Mountain Home Arkansas 20 hr Itiswhtitis 60
Baxter Lab? They laid off 100 people. Wow!! 20 hr Itiswhtitis 12
Do not move to Mountain Home!! 20 hr Itiswhtitis 23
Bangin John (Jan '15) 20 hr Itiswhtitis 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Home Mortgages