Arkansas House panel backs fluoride i...

Arkansas House panel backs fluoride in water bill

There are 39 comments on the Baxter Bulletin story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Arkansas House panel backs fluoride in water bill. In it, Baxter Bulletin reports that:

An Arkansas House committee recommended passage Tuesday of a bill requiring Arkansas cities with more than 5,000 residents to put fluoride in their water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baxter Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Mountain View, AR

#22 Mar 27, 2011
Why would someone in Little Rock suppose to pass judgement and resort to playground style name-calling in a discussion about water? What the hell do you care about our water situation anyway. People are attempting to have a conversation about fluoride. You have already repeated your useless opinion several times, so why don't you go bitch at someone else now.
So anyway, here's a rebuttal even though you don't warrant the energy. It's completely unrealistic to say just don't buy the water from the water department. It's not like there are any other reliable sources available. Someone already stated that wells are not dependable anymore around here, hauling water from the spring is time and labor intensive and not practical, a sistern in an iffy proposition. So that leaves buying water from the store. The suggestion of a brita filter was valid, why do accuse that person of bitching? Stay in Little Rock for heaven's sake, no one needs assholes like you around here.
You are not worthy of any further time or energy. I suggest that everyone else on here not respond to your childish temper tantrums.
Pick on Me

Mountain View, AR

#23 Mar 27, 2011
Guest: The argument isn't about being forced to drink water with flouride in it or not. It is about the government forcing the people to have it added to their "clean" water supply. Please explain to me why it is the State Legislature's business to MANDATE that towns with a certain number of people put flouride in their water. Things always happen one step at a time. I realize there are alternatives to drinking the water. However, why not let the individuals that want to ingest additional flouride purchase it themselves. Why force something onto the people as a whole? If the government decides that we aren't getting enough vitamin A are they going to force that into our water supply as well. It is just as easy for people who want flouride to add it as it is for people who don't want flouride to take it out. Why force towns to add an expense to the already strapped budget for something that the people may or may not want? Why force people who don't want flouride in their water to pay for alternative water sources? Why does the government need to be so deep into our personal choices?

Rison, AR

#24 Mar 27, 2011
FYI wrote:
Our choices are: the one and only water department, a well (already explained that isn't an option), load up containers at the spring (which is very time and labor intensive), a sistern (also unreliable), or buy water.
I'm sure there are wells in your area, so I don't buy the b.s. that you can't drill one. If you want to load up containers, you can do that, but I suspect the water from a spring isn't as sanitary as what your local water department provides. And you're already buying water, my suggestion was to buy water from another supplier that doesn't use fluoride to treat it.

Of course you can always invest in a filtration system to remove fluoride, which I suggested but you ignored.

The bottom line is that if you don't want to drink fluoride treated water, then don't! No one is forcing you to drink it. No one is forcing you to buy it from the local water department. No one is stopping you from purchasing non-fluoride treated water from other sources.

Why aren't you whining about fluoride toothpaste? You and I both know you use it every single day. It's also obvious that you just want to continue whining like a little crybaby. Boo hoo hoo.

Rison, AR

#25 Mar 27, 2011
Real Bystander wrote:
What the hell do you care about our water situation anyway.
The proposed law affects not only your locality, but every water department across the state that serves more than 5000 customers.
People are attempting to have a conversation about fluoride. You have already repeated your useless opinion several times, so why don't you go bitch at someone else now.
I'm not bitching at anyone. I'm just pointing out that many of you are bitching and whining instead of taking some responsibility for yourselves and opting to implement one of several very easy solutions.
It's completely unrealistic to say just don't buy the water from the water department.
No it's not. Not if fluoride treated water is as big a deal as you claim. Of course none of you have offered any evidence that fluoride treated water has ever hurt anyone.

It's just not that hard to buy bottled water for drinking and cooking. It's just not that hard to buy a filtration system to remove fluoride from tap water. It's just not that hard to hire a well driller. Of course it's much easier for you to whine like a little bitch, but that doesn't really accomplish anything. Crybaby.
Pick on Me

Mountain View, AR

#26 Mar 27, 2011
Here is an interesting website citing several differnt research projects concerning flouridation of water. It seems that other industrialized countries are banning flouride use at the same time we are mandating it. There seem to be to many contradicting opinions for me to understand why would mandate something so controversial.

http://www.holisticmed.com/fluoride/

Since: Jan 11

Mountain View, AR

#27 Mar 27, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It's just not that hard to buy bottled water for drinking and cooking. It's just not that hard to buy a filtration system to remove fluoride from tap water. It's just not that hard to hire a well driller. Of course it's much easier for you to whine like a little bitch, but that doesn't really accomplish anything. Crybaby.
If you have unlimited supplies of money you can do all those things, yes. I prefer the tap filter, just wasn't sure if it filtered out everything I wanted gone. I agree that there's no need for the government to legislate fluoride into the water.

Shut the hell up now with your "little bitch" and "crybaby" comments and go gripe at someone in Little Rock or Maumelle or wherever the hell it is you live. Thank god it's not here!

Alexander, AR

#28 Mar 28, 2011
Pick on Me wrote:
Here is an interesting website citing several differnt research projects concerning flouridation of water. It seems that other industrialized countries are banning flouride use at the same time we are mandating it. There seem to be to many contradicting opinions for me to understand why would mandate something so controversial.
http://www.holisticmed.com/fluoride/
Consider the source.

Alexander, AR

#29 Mar 28, 2011
Real Bystander wrote:
If you have unlimited supplies of money you can do all those things
It doesn't take an unlimited supply of money to buy enough bottled water for drinking and cooking. It doesn't take an unlimited supply of money to hire a well drilling company to drill a well. It doesn't take an unlimited supply of money buy a filtration system to remove fluoride from tap water.

You are just trying to find excuses not to implement very easy solutions.
Shut the hell up now with your "little bitch" and "crybaby" comments
I'll be glad to as soon as you stop whining like a little bitch. Fair enough?
rebecca

Little Rock, AR

#30 Apr 8, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an idiot, just pointing out the obvious. No one is now or ever has been forced to drink fluoride treated water. If you don't like, don't drink it. And while you're at it, stop using fluoride toothpaste too. I bet you'll do neither. And I bet you'll continue to whine like a little baby.
You are not only an idiot, but you're mean as well. The floride in toothpast is not meant to be ingested. And yes, water is a basic need, we pay for it as home owners (even as renters in many cases). If it's being pumped with fluride (the water we pay for) then we are being forced to drink it. Your lack of intelligence shows in your posts. It's not a solution, it's a cop out for selling highly processed foods with ridiculous amounts of sugar to us and our children and making it the cheapest and most ecinomical way to buy. It's a cop out for many things and so are your ignorant posts!!!

Little Rock, AR

#32 Apr 8, 2011
rebecca wrote:
You are not only an idiot, but you're mean as well. The floride in toothpast is not meant to be ingested.
I'm neither Becky. All I did was tell the truth and tell the snivelling whiners to shut the hell up. The truth is that you ingest more fluoride every day from brushing your teeth than you do from drinking tap water.
If it's being pumped with fluride (the water we pay for) then we are being forced to drink it.
That's nothing but b.s. You don't have to drink it. No one is there force feeding it to you. You can buy bottled water, install a water purifier, dig a well, and probably any number of other very simple solutions.

You're just like some of the others, you just want to whine instead of taking some very simple steps to remedy the problem, which in reality is no problem at all.
It's not a solution, it's a cop out for selling highly processed foods with ridiculous amounts of sugar to us and our children and making it the cheapest and most ecinomical way to buy.
The same store that sells highly processed foods also sells fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh meats, naturally grown produce, and a whole host of other things, which are much less expensive than processed foods.

Just because you're too damn lazy to stand in the kitchen for an extra 2 minutes to peel an orange or cut celery sticks to have a nutritious snack is no reason to bitch about the non nutritious foods that are also on the grocery store shelves.

People like you just need to STFU. I'm tired of listening to whining crybabies.
Pertinent Points

Dallas, TX

#33 Apr 8, 2011
Pick on Me wrote:
Guest: The argument isn't about being forced to drink water with flouride in it or not. It is about the government forcing the people to have it added to their "clean" water supply. Please explain to me why it is the State Legislature's business to MANDATE that towns with a certain number of people put flouride in their water. Things always happen one step at a time. I realize there are alternatives to drinking the water. However, why not let the individuals that want to ingest additional flouride purchase it themselves. Why force something onto the people as a whole? If the government decides that we aren't getting enough vitamin A are they going to force that into our water supply as well. It is just as easy for people who want flouride to add it as it is for people who don't want flouride to take it out. Why force towns to add an expense to the already strapped budget for something that the people may or may not want? Why force people who don't want flouride in their water to pay for alternative water sources? Why does the government need to be so deep into our personal choices?
Exactly!
InterestedAtBest

Elgin, TX

#34 Apr 8, 2011
Can anyone tell me why this would harm us? I guess I just assumed it was okay?
Jim Beau

United States

#36 Jul 22, 2013
Guest!
You are an idiot! Repeat, an idiot, you are drinking fluoridated water, so you are an imbecile, an amadon,an idiot! Good luck with your poisoned life, FOOL!
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no one is MANDATING that anyone, including you, drink fluoride treated water. If you don't want to drink it, then don't. You can always purchase bottled water or distill your own. You can also drill a well and drink that.
People like you never want solutions, you just want to whine like little babies. Grow up.
Jim Beau

United States

#37 Jul 22, 2013
Forum "Guest" drinks fluoridated water, turns into ranting idiot!!! More at 6!

Since: Jun 13

Oklahoma City, OK

#38 Jul 22, 2013
I contacted Health Department when this was first announced.
The Doctor in Little Rock was very helpful, sent brochures with good
info.
I have gone to the dictionary to find,fluoride,fluorine and fluorite.
Urge everyone to do the same.
Wild rants founded on ignorance do little to settle anything.
Watch out Guest, the "Christians" will burn you out ! Lol
It is a tradition here if you dare to question tradition, superstition,
or the Cosmic Jewish Zombie.
Onia flash

United States

#39 Jul 22, 2013
The Harvard medical journal was the leading authority that linked flouride ingestion to bone cancers in adolescents in 2011. Wait a minute. How many new cases of adolescent bone cancer in Stone county since the state MANDATED that it be added to the municipal water supply? I think we all know of at least one DONT WE? It should've been a decision that was left to local water departments. Maybe the boys up at Harvard know a little more about this topic than the crack headed government paid troll guest from little rock. IF YOU GUTLESS HILLBILLIES GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT YOUR KIDS, THEN GET THE POISON OUT OF YOUR DRINKING WATER REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE STATE SAYS.
JDD

Mountain View, AR

#40 Jul 22, 2013
GET THE FLUORIDE OUT OF THE WATER HERE. IT IS DEADLY.

It is Unnecessary and does not replace brushing, flossing and checkups. OMG it is terrible stuff !!!

I think we should call a meeting with Missy Irvin. Make her listen.

There are NO current studies showing that it is beneficial at all.
GOPnoMORE

Sparta, MO

#41 Jul 23, 2013
Interesting debate, I wonder if most of you are aware of the numerous other chemicals routinely added to municipal water systems for purification purposes. Chemicals such as: Aluminum Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sulfuric Acid, Chlorine as well as numerous polymers. These are inorganic chemicals; but I worry more about the organic chemicals present in municipal water do to run off of pesticides, herbicides and other pollutants.
GOPnoMORE

Sparta, MO

#42 Jul 23, 2013
Ooops sorry for the double post, I am unaware of how to remove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any jobs for engineers in Mountain Home? (Jul '14) 20 hr guest 8
Myka arms? Thu John 5
known std carriers Wed bob 27
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mountain Home, AR (Aug '10) Wed Username 203
Looking for inboard Wed Jim 1
Bar Chicks (Oct '14) Wed John 30
Where's the girls who like to have fun Wed John 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Home Mortgages