Mountain Home for retirement

Mountain Home for retirement

Posted in the Mountain Home Forum

Sidney, MT

#1 May 9, 2012
After years in Montana, it's time to find a friendlier climate. How's Mt. Home for retirement? Avid flyfisher and bird dog guy...what do you think?

Mountain Home, AR

#2 May 9, 2012
If your white and you have a lot of money you will be welcome here. Otherwise you can work at mc donalds(if your lucky and have a degree) and they will then label you a crackhead slinging welfare person. This is the way of it now.
hello

Mountain Home, AR

#3 May 9, 2012
Guest wrote:
After years in Montana, it's time to find a friendlier climate. How's Mt. Home for retirement? Avid flyfisher and bird dog guy...what do you think?
You will not find better fishing anywhere!
Knowing

Mountain Home, AR

#4 May 9, 2012
Calico Rock is a charming community and right on the White River. The people are friendly and the food is good. Nice small home town feel and comfortably placed between Mountain Home and Mountain View, AR.

Calico Rock is the city that I plan to move to when I retire for the trout fly fishin, my wife enjoys the history, the charm and, the social events that they have there.

We plan to make Calico Rock our home in the near future.
Chuck

Tulsa, OK

#5 May 11, 2012
Aim for one of the smaller communities that are just a short drive from Mountain Home. Bull Shoals, Lakeview, Flippin, Calico Rock, etc. That way you'll get the peaceful quiet of a rural community and quick access to a river, lake, or both, but still be close to the countenances offered within a larger city.
Gurst

Haslet, TX

#6 Jun 7, 2012
It us great!
hmmmm

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Jun 7, 2012
People, If you judge a town by way of topix, by all means come on over. Topix is just a way for the locals-locos to blow steam. It's nice here. Fishing and Branson is a short drive away. The actual people that are from here are nicer than you will ever meet.

Haslet, TX

#8 Jun 7, 2012
It is a wonderful place!

Haslet, TX

#9 Jun 8, 2012
Such a great Place to live, raise children and retire!

United States

#10 Jun 9, 2012
It is the best!
duh

Foley, AL

#11 Jun 10, 2012
great place for old geezers to die!

United States

#12 Jun 10, 2012
Put my in-laws in a home down there and told them about the grat fishin' and things to see. In real life it's cheaper to keep em in a home down there.
sure

United States

#13 Jun 10, 2012
Retirement is about all it is good for anymore. If you want a decent job you had better be kin to someone or one big phony brown noser. Most of the jobs are crappy part-time jobs which pay minimum wage or just slightly better. These employers will treat you like garbage while trying to convice you that you are lucky to have the crappy job. They are also quick to remind you that they do not need a reason to fire you and that their are 50 more poor souls ready to steal your crummy job. Once my house sells I am getting the hell out of here and fast. It's a shame because it is a great community if you can afford to live here and that is hard to do with this lousy so called 'job market'.

United States

#14 Jun 11, 2012
Guess the carpet bagger system still exist down there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
was wondering 49 min man wondering 1
Mountain Hole suuuuux 6 hr Jillian J 1
Kristy Ann (cook?) (Mar '16) 6 hr Jillian J 4
eric hutson (May '14) Thu Now_What- 7
Beer at Wal-Mart (Nov '09) Jan 17 Now_What- 27

Mountain Home Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Home Mortgages