Coming To Visit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

A group of us will be heading to Lake Norfork from NE Arkansas in May to celebrate a graduation. We are looking for a nice resort to stay at.

So far, from what I've found on the internet, the Carlton Resort near Cranfield appears to be one of the few that would accomodate our numbers and has a solid price at $130 per night.

Looking for a house or condo to hold 6-8 people in 3-4 bedrooms.

Any other suggestions?
cooper

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Check out this web site incase you haven't already. http://www.fullcircleproperties.net/fcp2_018....
Carlton Resort is your best bet tho.
ObamaSupporter

Clarksville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2008

cooper wrote:
Check out this web site incase you haven't already. http://www.fullcircleproperties.net/fcp2_018....
Carlton Resort is your best bet tho.
Thanks for the link. We went ahead and booked a 3 bedroom house at the BLUE LADY RESORT? Anyone know anything about this place? Nice?

Thanks again...
liketoknow

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

I'd like to know which one to look into also..any more info on any of the resorts?
Bojangles

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

There are no resorts on Norfork, or really in this whole area. There is one resort, and a whole lot of old motels and cabins.

I can't think of one nice place to stay on Norfork, honestly. Keep in mind most of these places were built in the 50s and 60s and haven't been remodeled since then. So no matter what, you will be staying in a very old building. Hopefully it is one that is clean and is in working order. Many are not.
rockinmom5

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

There are many nice resorts on Norfork Lake. Even the old ones should be appreciated for being nostalgic. Where can you get a whole house to rent for the same price as single hotel room? We have seen most of the resorts here our families come every year for their Summer vacation to visit us. Rocking Chair Resort, Teal Point ,and others have all expanded to renting NEW homes and have well maintained their old ones. We like the fact our relatives can have their OWN house swim in a pool, have a boat slip for their boat for a fraction of a price compared to Disneyworld!..and WE get to "visit"..
Greg

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Bojangles wrote:
There are no resorts on Norfork, or really in this whole area. There is one resort, and a whole lot of old motels and cabins.
I can't think of one nice place to stay on Norfork, honestly. Keep in mind most of these places were built in the 50s and 60s and haven't been remodeled since then. So no matter what, you will be staying in a very old building. Hopefully it is one that is clean and is in working order. Many are not.
Your information and opinion is very dated. Most reosrts have seen extensive remodeling, updating, and modernizing over the last 10 years. Most now have cable TV, wireless internet, pools, newer docks, and etc. You might drive through a few and ask for a tour. You might be pleasantly surprised at what you see.

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

There is Genes Trout and Fishing Resort and it is on the Norfork River.. Even if you dont fish, it is a great resort to relax. The cabins are clean, relaxing, up to date interior and not to mention the staff is wonderful!! You cant go wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Mountain Home Forum right now

Search the Mountain Home Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
dementia 3 min Sad 4
Is EATON a good place to work? (Dec '08) 4 min Not 138
Pit Bull (Jul '13) 6 hr PitBullOwner 58
Sexting uncovered in Mountain Home schools 8 hr Lol 6
Starting a 1% MC Club in Mtn home. Who's intere... (Nov '11) 8 hr John 80
home depot or lowes 13 hr DIxie Guy 4
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 20 hr Siwhat 9,715
•••
•••