New Resturant on the Square (Cheri's)

Posted in the Mountain Grove Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Confused

Aurora, MO

#1 Jul 16, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has tried this new restaurant? I have tried to go there 3 times since they opened and it has been closed.... I tried going the day they opened (about 9am) and they were closed, then I tried going there Saturday (about 10am)and they were closed and I tried going today (around 11am) and they were closed once again. The sign on the door says open Monday-Saturday from 8am to 2pm but apparently that hasn't been the case. Did they already go out of business? Wouldn't surprise me if they did because to make $$ in the restaurant business you actually have to be there!
theone

Des Moines, IA

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Confused wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has tried this new restaurant? I have tried to go there 3 times since they opened and it has been closed.... I tried going the day they opened (about 9am) and they were closed, then I tried going there Saturday (about 10am)and they were closed and I tried going today (around 11am) and they were closed once again. The sign on the door says open Monday-Saturday from 8am to 2pm but apparently that hasn't been the case. Did they already go out of business? Wouldn't surprise me if they did because to make $$ in the restaurant business you actually have to be there!
dont wast ur time the have about 5 things on the menu and o ya there only one for the whole place
Confused

Aurora, MO

#3 Jul 17, 2012
theone wrote:
<quoted text>
dont wast ur time the have about 5 things on the menu and o ya there only one for the whole place
Thanks for the heads up!
waitress

United States

#4 Jul 25, 2012
I work there and on the window it says 7 am to 3pm tuesday through saturday we are here all the time im partners in this and i know i personlly had fifty menus printed up im sorry that your mistaken but there is no sense in bad mouthen my restaraunt i wud appreciate it thank you
customer

Ozark, MO

#5 Jul 26, 2012
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I went there for lunch and had a great lunch. I had a cheese burger, fries that looked like they had just been cut, and a potato salad that was very good. The hours that are on their window says that it is open Tues-Sat 7am-3pm. So I don't understand where the 8am-2pm comes from. I thought that their prices were very good at least for my wallet. The food was great and the price was right, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. Try it before you judge it is all I have to say.
bill

Kansas City, KS

#6 Aug 3, 2012
I went there two times now once when they first opened and just the other day. The first time i went i had the biscuts and gravy it was really good. The last time i had them again but this time they were a let down the made it diferent way to seasoned tasted like they added paprika andthats not good in gravy. Hey waitress if ya read this tell em to make it the way yall used to.
Kevin

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2012
I went to this place three times and the food was excellent and the service was great. They are open the hours they list. I don't understand the post that claims they were closed because I havenít had any problems. Interior is a little boring but the food was great and large portions as well.
hmmm

United States

#8 Aug 4, 2012
Not a bad place
danny

Kansas City, KS

#9 Aug 4, 2012
I agree that the food is good love the potato salad and cole slaw i love brats and i had their gravy before when they first opened the waitress went and made i told her it was the best ever so she adds something to it next time i ate it it was gross y cant they leave good food alone well seems like all the other restaraunts now over seasoned gravy or no flavor at all and thars a hard thing to find is good gravy also the lady was cutting french fries and wasnt wearing gloves hope she washed her hands

Since: Jul 09

New York, NY

#10 Aug 6, 2012
I went there last week... Have to say, was not impressed with the food or service... The prices were good though... We waited over 10 minutes just for drinks, and there were only 3 tables with customers, Then food ordered, off of very limited menu, quick to serve food though... We were then brought out the wrong plates, and had to explain what we ordered... Fries were greasy and soggy... burger had seasoning that made it taste funny...

I understand the cafe business, I know its a new place, it takes time to work out the kinks... I will wait for a while and try again...
sam

United States

#11 Aug 7, 2012
You must have cheris confused with another restaraunt i ate there and its delicious sounds like your use to eating at places like olive garden well this is a small to store if its ever wrong there is a girl tgat sits in the back alot that like looks over everything she always asks about how the food is shes real nice she will make anything you want or redo it right i had biscuits and gravy and it tasted horrible i told her that it was gross she apologized and asked if she cud please remake them for me she made it and it was freaking good !
wow

Cameron, MO

#12 Aug 14, 2012
nasty
sick and tired

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2012
I hate places that constantly change what the hell i cant keep up with this place screw that went,there twice and its changed alot but not for the better im sticking with mcds or sonic they dont change that much anyine else with a problem there almost like they dont know what their doing
fly on the wall

Springfield, MO

#14 Aug 21, 2012
i ate there and wont go back.. they need to throw in the towel
the partner

United States

#15 Aug 21, 2012
Fly on the wall abd what was so bad that,made you decide to never eat here again hmmm
mitt

Columbia, MO

#16 Aug 21, 2012
I heard Shoney's was coming to Mountain Grove.
fly on the wall

Springfield, MO

#17 Aug 26, 2012
well first of all.. the man stood there for ten minutes bragging on how they going to add donuts at prices that i wou;ld go to krispy creme an buy.. the hamburger was so small burned an had so much seasoning on it.. they didnt get the orders right. the fries was double fried or so old i dont kno w which but full of grease. there were two other customers in there and the woman told us she never be back.. to be honsest if i hadnt had my child in there i wouldnt of paid a dime. i rather bagged it and seen your butt in court .. but i try to set a example.. the prices six dollars for a burger.. i dont like alot of mc donalds but i would eat at mc dona;lds everytime before i eat at your place again.. mc donalds is clean an there buck cheeseburger beats yours by 1000 percent.. clean up your waiter ..oh i forgot he is the oowner dont sit in a booth an dunk onion rings thats what the kitchen is for.
you gotta be kidding

Aurora, MO

#18 Aug 27, 2012
Uh, no. I would rather he sat in a booth to eat. Nobody should be eating in the kitchen!!
citizen

United States

#20 Aug 28, 2012
I have try this places three times. I am not impressed, all three times was breakfast.They was out of juice everytime and this was between 9 - 9:30am. My eggs were under cooked and I sent them back. The eggs came back out under cooked like they never touched them. If you like soda or coffee with your under cooked breakfastthis is a greeat place to eat.They wont last long
fly on the wall

Springfield, MO

#21 Aug 28, 2012
let me make clear...not eating onion rings..the lady st in a booth taking onion rings an dipping them into batter an putting on a tray for when they get a order ... food prep shoud been done in the kitchen not out front and left unattended and uncovered and they were not being very clean.. the owner the man.. he was waiting tables .. i dont know if he sleeps in his clothes but i can tell you he didnt appear cleann... i am not out to bash this place i am very serious and honest about my experince with them... i had heard about a cafe on the square suppose to be worth trying.. a place that suppose to be a thriving place wants to stay in going.. suppose to care about customers and i didnt realize that two cafes had opened .. when i went into cheri s and ask about a woman named kitty.. they could of least been honest an said it was down the street.. no that didnt happen.. and since i didnt know name of the new place i didnt know.. we left and we went to see about a water filter and noticed this sign on the sidewalk .. then i called my friend and said we got thewrong place an the were so sorry .. they thjought cher had closed.. they said when they werte in town it wasnt open and they said all the talk they heard wasnt good ..they was sorry ..my advice is find something new to do... you bragged how you came from oklahoma... i want you o know you wont be supported ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Williams Facebook Site Posts On The Golf C... (Feb '12) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 15
Alisha Mcminn (Aug '14) Wed reallyareyoustupid 7
Snitches?? (Nov '12) Wed BBT 55attaboy 19
black caddy cts? Wed curi 1
Amanda Keller (Sep '09) Aug 25 Snakely1 30
snitches (Feb '13) Aug 25 BubblesT1409 24
Noise polution (Sep '08) Aug 24 mari 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Grove Mortgages