Notice From The Mark Williams Faceboo...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charlie Sheen

Indian Trail, NC

#24 Jan 12, 2012
Idiot wrote:
Come on bottom feeders, tell me how wrong I am!
Curious George just did, quite well in fact KEVIN!
thread

United States

#25 Jan 16, 2012
Curious George wrote:
I really don't think anyone wants to lose 50 jobs or 100 jobs or whatever the real number is. I believe the issue is that the smell needs to be addresse.I can understand that a scrubber is being installed and takes time but I would also like to know how much of the smell it is going to take care of. I have read some of the kevin Dietx, Councilman Kevin etc post and find their back and forth amusing to sy the least. But the point remains, we need the job but at the same time we need the smell fixed. I have some friends who work at the pipe plant next door and the smell has even been coming up through their sewers. They had to install some extra exterior vent piping to try and get rid of the chicken smell in their break room. They spent money hiring a licensed plummer to check all of their traps and drains to make sure they were working correctly. On top of that, the city is over at the lift stations next to Grisham and pipe plant cleaning almost daily. One of the workers said too much grease being dumped into drain causing problems there and at sewer ponds. This does cause me concern if they are dumping grease down the sewer systems. I believe all of this could be fixed with a little proper enforcement and nobody would lose their jobs.
Maybe there is a little handshake agreement between the city and the company, which by the way is probably normal in most small cities. However, I think most of us in the city really just want the smell fixed and the sewer issue stopped. The city should enforce a little more and issue a citation or two and then things would get fixed and nobody would be out of a job and the world would be a happy little place. Just a thought.
Again we have someone who knows actually NOTHING about what is going on. Only heresay which is so unreliable that it is not even allowed in a court of law. There was no grease in the sewer system, another lie!! Please get facts before you start talking, that way you will look a whole lot smarter.
thread

United States

#26 Jan 16, 2012
Idiot wrote:
Keep up on the news Kevin! YOU have them stirred. Rick, Delbert, and Mary should invite the governor again to see what the people think! LOL
HOW COULD ANYBODY AGREE WITH OR DEFEND THE SMELL AND GENERAL PROBLEMS OF THAT PLANT? OF COARSE NONE OF THOSE 3 LIVE ON THAT SIDE OF THE TOWN! THEIR PROPERTIES VALUES AREN'T AFFECTED! THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A FIRE HAZARD NEXT TO THEM!
Before the plant even came here you DID TRY to inform the people of the possible problems!
Come on bottom feeders, tell me how wrong I am!
You are wrong. There I am not afraid to say it. You have information that was passed along through whatever means and it is not reliable. I think that your "name" pretty much describes who you are. You are not educated in this area, so therefore have no say. There is not any problems with the plant. Things are up and running at a good rate and money is being turned back into the company. No wrong doing. See, there is nothing that can be done, without getting the city int a lawsuit that legally they will lose. If the people don't like it then they should have never bought a house next to a site that was zoned for industrial use. As for property value, that is the stupidest statement yet. Show me one person in the U.S. that has not seen a decrease in their property values, even up to 50%. So you can't even prove that point by an economist. Don't think for a minute there is anything that anyone can legally do. As for the people at city hall living in Ward 1....my sounds like a little jelousy that they can afford a place like that and you can't.(See they chose to live in a place that didn't have an industrial park nearby, see the difference?)
Kevin Dietz

Cameron, MO

#27 Jan 16, 2012
thread wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. There I am not afraid to say it. You have information that was passed along through whatever means and it is not reliable. I think that your "name" pretty much describes who you are. You are not educated in this area, so therefore have no say. There is not any problems with the plant. Things are up and running at a good rate and money is being turned back into the company. No wrong doing. See, there is nothing that can be done, without getting the city int a lawsuit that legally they will lose. If the people don't like it then they should have never bought a house next to a site that was zoned for industrial use. As for property value, that is the stupidest statement yet. Show me one person in the U.S. that has not seen a decrease in their property values, even up to 50%. So you can't even prove that point by an economist. Don't think for a minute there is anything that anyone can legally do. As for the people at city hall living in Ward 1....my sounds like a little jelousy that they can afford a place like that and you can't.(See they chose to live in a place that didn't have an industrial park nearby, see the difference?)
This clearly sound like a statement that come fromour Mayor delbert Crewse. This is exactly how he thinks. I'm not saying it is him, however the thought process is identical. As for you saying that the town would lose any legal battle. You are probably correct. That is what I've ben saying all along. Mayor Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky failed this town by not putting the Plant on some sort of gudielines or contract to cover us legally. This person has proved me correct again. As for living in an industrial park area or not. It is the city's responsability to look after "ALL" its citizens whether they live near an industrial site or not. This plant just bought a larger cooker. Does this mean if someone complains about the smell in Ward #1 that they have no right to because they don't live next to an industrial site. What will you say to that person. That they should have never bought a house in Mountain Grove! You say that there is "no wrong doing". The smell alone is a wrong doing! As for money being put back into the community. There are hundreds more people affected by that stink at the plant that put more money back into the community then the merely 50 or less employees at the plant. It's simple. There are more people affected by that awful stink at the plant then is worth the 50 or less employees. It is the duty of the city administration to look out for the majority of the well being of the town. Not just a select few who need a job. I hear many of the employees at the plant go home half sick after a days work there. Some go home only to vomit the days stink off of them. I wonder just how safe this odor is on the community?

Since: Oct 11

Mountain Grove, MO

#28 Jan 16, 2012
Kevin Dietz, Improving the livelihood of Mountain Grove citizens by eliminating 50 jobs at a time.
Kevin Dietz wrote:
<quoted text>This clearly sound like a statement that come fromour Mayor delbert Crewse. This is exactly how he thinks. I'm not saying it is him, however the thought process is identical. As for you saying that the town would lose any legal battle. You are probably correct. That is what I've ben saying all along. Mayor Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky failed this town by not putting the Plant on some sort of gudielines or contract to cover us legally. This person has proved me correct again. As for living in an industrial park area or not. It is the city's responsability to look after "ALL" its citizens whether they live near an industrial site or not. This plant just bought a larger cooker. Does this mean if someone complains about the smell in Ward #1 that they have no right to because they don't live next to an industrial site. What will you say to that person. That they should have never bought a house in Mountain Grove! You say that there is "no wrong doing". The smell alone is a wrong doing! As for money being put back into the community. There are hundreds more people affected by that stink at the plant that put more money back into the community then the merely 50 or less employees at the plant. It's simple. There are more people affected by that awful stink at the plant then is worth the 50 or less employees. It is the duty of the city administration to look out for the majority of the well being of the town. Not just a select few who need a job. I hear many of the employees at the plant go home half sick after a days work there. Some go home only to vomit the days stink off of them. I wonder just how safe this odor is on the community?
Kevin Dietz

Cameron, MO

#29 Jan 16, 2012
thread wrote:
<quoted text>
This clearly sounds like a statement that came from our Mayor Delbert Crewse. This is exactly how he thinks. I'm not saying it is him, however the thought process is identical. As for you saying that the town would lose any legal battle. You are probably correct. That is what I've been saying all along. Mayor Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky failed this town by not putting the Plant on some sort of guidelines or contract to cover us legally. This person has proved me correct again. As for living in an industrial park area or not. It is the city's responsability to look after "ALL" its citizens whether they live near an industrial site or not. This plant just bought a larger cooker. Does this mean if someone complains about the smell in Ward #1 that they have no right to because they don't live next to an industrial site. What will you say to that person. That they should have never bought a house in Mountain Grove! You say that there is "no wrong doing". The smell alone is a wrong doing! As for money being put back into the community. There are hundreds more people affected by that stink at the plant that put more money back into the community then the merely 50 or less employees at the plant. It's simple. There are more people affected by that awful stink at the plant then is worth the 50 or less employees. It is the duty of the city administration to look out for the majority of the well being of the town. Not just a select few who need a job. I hear many of the employees at the plant go home half sick after a days work there. Some go home only to vomit the days stink off of them. I wonder just how safe this odor is on the community?
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#30 Jan 16, 2012
Kevin's key to prosperity and economic growth, eliminate 50 jobs.
Kevin Dietz wrote:
<quoted text>This clearly sounds like a statement that came from our Mayor Delbert Crewse. This is exactly how he thinks. I'm not saying it is him, however the thought process is identical. As for you saying that the town would lose any legal battle. You are probably correct. That is what I've been saying all along. Mayor Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky failed this town by not putting the Plant on some sort of guidelines or contract to cover us legally. This person has proved me correct again. As for living in an industrial park area or not. It is the city's responsability to look after "ALL" its citizens whether they live near an industrial site or not. This plant just bought a larger cooker. Does this mean if someone complains about the smell in Ward #1 that they have no right to because they don't live next to an industrial site. What will you say to that person. That they should have never bought a house in Mountain Grove! You say that there is "no wrong doing". The smell alone is a wrong doing! As for money being put back into the community. There are hundreds more people affected by that stink at the plant that put more money back into the community then the merely 50 or less employees at the plant. It's simple. There are more people affected by that awful stink at the plant then is worth the 50 or less employees. It is the duty of the city administration to look out for the majority of the well being of the town. Not just a select few who need a job. I hear many of the employees at the plant go home half sick after a days work there. Some go home only to vomit the days stink off of them. I wonder just how safe this odor is on the community?
Kevin Dietz

Cameron, MO

#31 Jan 16, 2012
Our city leaders Mayor Delbert Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky should do their job and look out for the best interest of the majority of the town and its citzens. Not just a select few who need jobs at the cost of the well being and quality of life of half a town. As sad as that may be for those that need a job, it is the right thing to do. The problem is is that these two men don't think like city leaders. They think like the Den Fathers of a Country Club. This town needs to run like a business because running a town is like running a business and you should make decisions in a business manner. Mayor Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky's good ole' boy way of governing has got to stop. The favortism, cronyism, mismanaging, lies and so on have got to stop and the only way to get this to stop is to remove them from office.
Kevin Dietz

Cameron, MO

#32 Jan 16, 2012
Charlie Sheen wrote:
Kevin's key to prosperity and economic growth, eliminate 50 jobs.
<quoted text>
Clearly if removing 50 people or less from employment means to save the quality of life for hundreds of people. If it means to prevent the sick from getting sicker. If it means to bring hundreds of home property values back up. If it means to allow people to enjoy their yards for cookouts and so on. If it means to allow people to breath clean air again. If it means that all of this could be corrected. Then "yes" the jobs need to be eliminated. That is what a Good City Leader would and should do!!!! A leader must always look out for the best interest of the majority of its people. Not just a select few. That's what makes a good leader and if I were the leader in this town, that is exactly what I would do. In fact. I would have never let this kind of thing happen to begin with. Unlike Mayor Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky I would have made sure under guidelines and contracts that this propblem would not occur and if it did. I would be legally protected to do something about it.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#33 Jan 16, 2012
Kevin Dietz wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly if removing 50 people or less from employment
We get it Kevin, Your platform is economic growth through unemployment!
thread

United States

#34 Jan 16, 2012
Kevin Dietz wrote:
<quoted text>This clearly sound like a statement that come fromour Mayor delbert Crewse. This is exactly how he thinks. I'm not saying it is him, however the thought process is identical. As for you saying that the town would lose any legal battle. You are probably correct. That is what I've ben saying all along. Mayor Crewse and City Manager Rick Outersky failed this town by not putting the Plant on some sort of gudielines or contract to cover us legally. This person has proved me correct again. As for living in an industrial park area or not. It is the city's responsability to look after "ALL" its citizens whether they live near an industrial site or not. This plant just bought a larger cooker. Does this mean if someone complains about the smell in Ward #1 that they have no right to because they don't live next to an industrial site. What will you say to that person. That they should have never bought a house in Mountain Grove! You say that there is "no wrong doing". The smell alone is a wrong doing! As for money being put back into the community. There are hundreds more people affected by that stink at the plant that put more money back into the community then the merely 50 or less employees at the plant. It's simple. There are more people affected by that awful stink at the plant then is worth the 50 or less employees. It is the duty of the city administration to look out for the majority of the well being of the town. Not just a select few who need a job. I hear many of the employees at the plant go home half sick after a days work there. Some go home only to vomit the days stink off of them. I wonder just how safe this odor is on the community?
Again you are wrong!! You are relying on what you HEAR, not what you know. There are alot of things out there that we hear that are not true. Noone is going home sick, that is another rumor. The fact that a citizen cannot speak out without somehow being connected to city hall is ridiculous. I have no stake in what city hall does, but I do care about jobs and economy. Someone also made a statement about a new cooker being installed. That too is a ignorant statement. There are NOT cookers anywhere in the building. In fact you people don't even know what the plant is about or how it functions. I will save you the boring details but all that it involves is what is already processed by Tyson. There is nothing there that is being "cooked" or made, only separated. If you can't stand the smell of this plant you should take a drive to a Tyson plant. But then again you probably would get involved in their politics too. It really is quite sad that you will never be looked at as anything less than a trouble maker.:(
Shane

United States

#35 Jan 16, 2012
thread wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are wrong!! You are relying on what you HEAR, not what you know. There are alot of things out there that we hear that are not true. Noone is going home sick, that is another rumor. The fact that a citizen cannot speak out without somehow being connected to city hall is ridiculous. I have no stake in what
city hall does, but I do care about
jobs and economy. Someone also
made a statement about a new
cooker being installed. That too is a
ignorant statement. There are NOT
cookers anywhere in the building. In
fact you people don't even know what the plant is about or how it functions. I will save you the boring details but all that it involves is what is already processed by Tyson. There is nothing there that is being "cooked" or made, only separated. If you can't stand the smell of this plant you should take a drive to a Tyson plant. But then again you probably would get involved in their politics too. It really is quite sad that you will never be looked at as anything less than a trouble maker.:(
I can't post what you are the moderator wont allow it so you can imagine what I think about you.
thread

United States

#36 Jan 16, 2012
Shane wrote:
<quoted text> I can't post what you are the moderator wont allow it so you can imagine what I think about you.
When in doubt stoop to middle school name calling....LOL!!
Fed Up Citizen

United States

#37 Jan 17, 2012
I feel that it is best to work with the employer to try and improve the conditions. The good people working at the plant do need their jobs to pay their bills and put food on the table for their families. We can't lose sight of that.

Now, that does not mean we should dismiss the horrible smell that is affecting people living around the plant. I feel for them as well. Personally, I am willing to give 3G the opportunity to correct the problem before we jump the gun. There are options like scrubbers and windbreak walls that can pretty effectively reduce/control the odor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mt Grove Joy Beeler drug & molest Bryce Beeler ... 4 hr Jason Perkins BUSTED 13
Joy Beeler drug molest Bryce Beeler like her mo... 19 hr Shutup 12
Sunnyside Thu True or not 11
you. better tell him because I will and its goi... Thu Ainu the wobbler 6
Cave under Grove (Jun '10) May 4 mad scientists 50
Any good construction contractors in Mtn Grove? (Jun '09) May 3 bad ju ju 53
Casey Blair-CAUGHT (Jan '10) May 2 Jass-Honky 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Grove Mortgages