Grove School Watcher

Mountain Grove, MO

#1 Dec 5, 2013
the school leaders should be fired for the stunt pulled this morning in mountain grove, open school then closed two hours later. tom johns is the assistant superintendant who made the dicision with his long time secret girl friend bridgett williams who is the superintendant. Fire 'em for a very poor decision trying to save a day on their calendar instead of thinking of our kids lives.
bev

United States

#2 Dec 5, 2013
all about them making a dollar. They always wait till the last minute before closing school, rather than miss making a dollar
Here is a thought

Wanette, OK

#3 Dec 6, 2013
Maybe you should go get the appropriate education and experience to become a superintendent. Then spend a great deal of time working in a school district then maybe you can offer some educated criticism on the issue. So many people are so quick to judge what school districts (educators and leaders) are doing but it is a job they wouldn't want to take on. I WOULD HATE to have to make those kind of calls. In case you did not notice, the vast majority of school districts ran into this very issue. There is a lot more things going on behind the scenes then what you realize. Also, it ultimately comes down to the parents. They make the call if their children should be attending school or not. The school district is not FORCING anybody to send their children to school.
wow

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2013
Here is a thought wrote:
Maybe you should go get the appropriate education and experience to become a superintendent. Then spend a great deal of time working in a school district then maybe you can offer some educated criticism on the issue. So many people are so quick to judge what school districts (educators and leaders) are doing but it is a job they wouldn't want to take on. I WOULD HATE to have to make those kind of calls. In case you did not notice, the vast majority of school districts ran into this very issue. There is a lot more things going on behind the scenes then what you realize. Also, it ultimately comes down to the parents. They make the call if their children should be attending school or not. The school district is not FORCING anybody to send their children to school.
I don't have children in school but I do pay taxes. I wouldn't want to see anyone's child hurt! They need safe transportation to and from school. Poor decisions can cost more than they make.
shut up

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2013
The weather was not supposed to start until 11 so the fact that it started early but after kids were already on buses is not anyone's fault. I sent my kids but I know many parents chose not to. Parents decision so leave it alone.
Who Knew

Hollister, MO

#6 Dec 7, 2013
Here is a thought wrote:
So true
FYI

Plattsburg, MO

#7 Dec 7, 2013
And Mtn Grove was not the only school in the area to do this very same thing! And yes, it is ultimately the parent's decision!
Pathetic

Mount Vernon, MO

#8 Dec 7, 2013
Here is a thought wrote:
Who really cares what you think anyway.. Sounds like you're an employee.. Always making excuses for mountain grove school district's stupidity.. This is just one example.. People of this community deserve this because they are the ones electing this ignorance and incompetence...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
141st district bbq at Earth, funny coincidence? 13 hr Informed 7
Winos crew 14 hr Fyi 14
Fight at McDonald's Jul 22 Babygirl 2
Car advice Jul 21 Confuse 6
Casey's Charging a $1.00 for Debit Card use? (Jan '10) Jul 20 Ajg 34
Buz Jul 20 Cowboy 8
Ronnie Devault Jul 19 People should no 9

Mountain Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance