is there anyone in that town with anything good to say

Posted in the Mountain Grove Forum

whateverhappened to

Branson, MO

#1 Aug 6, 2012
please suprise us that no longer reside in the area with some Good things to say about others in town ..IS it possible that kindness and caring go on every day there please tell us so
Small Minded

El Dorado Springs, MO

#2 Aug 6, 2012
That you would judge an entire town by a few bitter, bored and unhappy people on topix shows that you have no idea what goes on in this town.
sam

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2012
It does i dont really have problems with ppl i have given money to the hungry and homeless returned a lost bank card in the parking lot to the right owner takin in several dogs paid for their shots and gave them away to older ladies and gentlemen who need someone to be there ive given complete strangers rides home when weather is bad im poor and struggle day to day but i have my husband and daughter i couldnt be happier than i am now please do not judge us all
etnalf

United States

#4 Aug 7, 2012
I agree that so much that is good manages to happen under the "Topics radar". I feel that most folks prefer it that way. Those who perform charitable acts because of their love toward others don't like to sound their trumpets before them. Those grateful souls who are touched by these "angels of mercy" don't want to be singled out for their poverty. And those persons who are looking at this forum simply lusting for controversy and discord will find such random acts of kindness rather dull (pity).

Having lived in the area only about four years, I can also say that there are many, many good and caring people in this area. Some will take days off from work supporting their families in order to help a person move into a new home, or to move out of it if they are leaving. Many are willing to give of their meager stores or hard-won crops to help a suffering person in need of food. Many generous folk have opened their doors to entire families seeking shelter after some calamity or another. What is wonderful about all this charity is that it is going on all the time, in all parts of the county.

Thank you, Wright County, for all you do that is good.
sam

United States

#5 Aug 7, 2012
Thank you for the nice comment about our area
Thanks

West Plains, MO

#6 Aug 8, 2012
Thats what i was looking for the kinder people to TAKE THIS SITE BACK ..pay it forward. I know you all are better ppl than i was letting on...
etnalf wrote:
I agree that so much that is good manages to happen under the "Topics radar". I feel that most folks prefer it that way. Those who perform charitable acts because of their love toward others don't like to sound their trumpets before them. Those grateful souls who are touched by these "angels of mercy" don't want to be singled out for their poverty. And those persons who are looking at this forum simply lusting for controversy and discord will find such random acts of kindness rather dull (pity).
Having lived in the area only about four years, I can also say that there are many, many good and caring people in this area. Some will take days off from work supporting their families in order to help a person move into a new home, or to move out of it if they are leaving. Many are willing to give of their meager stores or hard-won crops to help a suffering person in need of food. Many generous folk have opened their doors to entire families seeking shelter after some calamity or another. What is wonderful about all this charity is that it is going on all the time, in all parts of the county.
Thank you, Wright County, for all you do that is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mtn grove boy cheerleaders 9 hr worthless parents 6
delores finch and all that crazy family (Jan '11) 15 hr Ethan Allan 26
Chasity... hahaha 15 hr Ethan Allan 7
Post everytime mcdonalds messes up your order (Apr '13) Fri WTF 44
mtn grove high school (HEAD LICE) Fri grove resident 13
is KFC pulling out from taco bell? Fri grove resident 14
3G fire Jan 22 love 16
Mountain Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mountain Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?