Baker Creek, Mansfield Mo
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Reality Check

Vanzant, MO

#2 Jun 10, 2012
Considering Jere is a multi millionaire, I'd guess that he and Emile can take their sweet time figuring out how to best run their business.

As for Jere's sexuality, until he self-identifies as queer or commits a homosexual act, he's not queer. He may look like one to you, but that doesn't make him one any more than the Sasha, their daughter, would say her folks have a "cover up" relationship.

The very last thing Jere is running his business on is pride. Hard work, trial and error, mentoring, and his profound religous beliefs.

Get to know the man and his business before you condemn either or them.
hmmmm

Springfield, MO

#3 Jun 10, 2012
Sounds like nonsense is a disgruntled ex employee doing their best to run a sweet family in the dirt. Maybe you should have packed those seeds a little quicker and you wouldn't be where you are. But, instead you find yourself bored, posting trash on a trash website.
dumb

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
Sounds like nonsense is a disgruntled ex employee doing their best to run a sweet family in the dirt. Maybe you should have packed those seeds a little quicker and you wouldn't be where you are. But, instead you find yourself bored, posting trash on a trash website.
I've never worked there and I agree with nonsense 100%. You can't put someone down for posting on this website when you're no better, hypocrite.
Funny

Perry, IA

#5 Jun 14, 2012
You grovers can't stand success. At least baker creek is doing something productive.. Grovers are all about taking.. What do grovers give? Hate and jealousy.. Crappy bunch of welfare scum... Do something besides running others down..
Pudding

Cameron, MO

#6 Jun 17, 2012
Proof is in the Pudding...looks like Baker Creek is an on-going, successful, viable business, not just here in Missouri, but in other places around the world.

Attacking someone personally is so childish...We get it, you're a homophobe. Sounds like you have a personal problem.

Since: Feb 11

United States

#7 Jun 17, 2012
Pudding wrote:
Proof is in the Pudding...looks like Baker Creek is an on-going, successful, viable business, not just here in Missouri, but in other places around the world.
Attacking someone personally is so childish...We get it, you're a homophobe. Sounds like you have a personal problem.
Not only a homophobe but a typical Grover. Personal attacks based on no evidence. So morally right they will lie, cheat, steal,and bear false witness to prove it.
E-G-W

Sumner, IA

#8 Jul 1, 2012
Wow, very few people even know about the whole cat poop on the bed thing. When more details come out some of you will need to re-think your Jere can do no wrong attitude. You really should only comment on the whole truth, not something you just heard. This is America and freedom of speech is still allowed, even if you don't agree with it.
Pudding

Cameron, MO

#9 Jul 2, 2012
It is his business, not yours. They can do what they want.

Here's an idea -- start your own business.

Do not judge unless you've walked a least a mile in their shoes.
EGW

Reeds Spring, MO

#10 Jul 2, 2012
That's funny, they don't normally wear any shoes! I do own my own business and the comments are opinions about their "business" practices. This site is for people to have free expression of their thoughts. Just like your thoughts about walking in their shoes and starting a business, just your opinions.
Grounded

United States

#11 Jul 2, 2012
Viable business? If you only knew.....
Jere may have some good ideas, but there is no question it is the great employees (present, past & soon to be past) of Baker Creek who keep his feet on the ground & make his insane ideas work.
As for what the public don't know... Well, I guess it's just a good thing for his business they choose not to believe.
Pudding

Cameron, MO

#12 Jul 5, 2012
Time will tell.
Prepper

Branson, MO

#13 Jul 5, 2012
I use their products and get fantastic crops. Im glad they are here. I love to garden and raise my own meat as well. I used to farm commercially; I gave it up after the Reagan/ Bush war on the Family Farm and the war on the middle class. Most farmers of my generation have left commercial ag and just raise food for themselves and a small amount for sale. Some of us tried to warn the public of the consequences of loosing our family farms. Now its too late. America is paying the price for its foolishness. I encourage all family farmers to follow us and only produce for yourselves and some for sale. This will quicken the mass food shortages and hyper inflated prices that our stupid, spoiled and perverted population deserves. In the meantime Ill enjoy the fruits of my labor, freezers full of luscious farm raised meats and vegitables, shelves stocked with wholesome canned goods from our orchards and gardens, firewood to heat with and plenty of guns and ammo to protect it all. When you all wake up, and get our corrupt government out of our way, we will start feeding you again.
okay

United States

#14 Jul 7, 2012
I don't know what they feed their chickens but the chicks I have bought from there have been the best poultry I have EVER ate! As for the seeds I have purchased for my garden... The ones that actually grew were phenomenal, but I had issues with getting my peppers to grow.. as did most of my friends that planted them, very disappointing! I have also heard that the owner doesn't "shoot straight" but who are you to judge? My father was gay and married my mother and had me anyway.. I wouldn't call his wife a cover up, he very well might just be either in denial or just be trying to do the right thing no matter how he feels inside. He seems like a nice man.
EGW

Sumner, IA

#15 Jul 8, 2012
I do agree, he has had some good ideas but the word that travels among us vendors is that they are on the way down. Only companies that stay on the straight and narrow path stay viable for the long haul. Looks like he is going to be another one of those "flash-in-the-pan" companies. More and more is revealed about the real workings behind the scenes there and yes puddin you are right when you say time will tell.
Pudding

Cameron, MO

#16 Jul 8, 2012
Companies have their ups & downs, just like relationships. As the economy changes, so must companies learn to adapt.
EGW

Sumner, IA

#17 Jul 14, 2012
still can't get their beans to grow. This sucks, I really need those beans.
non gmo

Tampa, FL

#18 Jul 14, 2012
If you know what the new GMO seedlines are this is what Baker Creek claims to avoid. They sell heirloom or non-GMO seeds.

I believe it was their son who started the business? Now the parents run it? Must have done well.

I've been over there a couple of times and it just seems building those buildings out these was a bit misguided. It looks like they were pattering after Silver Dollar City, yet they are out on a gravel road not near any river or lake. Anyway, seed retailers of such a variety would also be a seed producer not just a reseller. They should have the crops to produce their own seeds otherwise they just resell.

To the OP: so what if they have people clean their house! How many hire house cleaners. Would you rather they hired someone else to do it? They probably have more important things to be doing. That is why house cleaners are hired.

http://rareseeds.com

They specialize in non-GMO seeds. This is not the hibyrds but the genetically modified finding its way into our food often unlabeled. By genetically modifying the plant it can then be pattened. Also the GMO plants dont produce a seed that will grow. You have to by new seeds every year. This has caused problems around the world with poor farmers. Most all corn and soy are GMO.
non gmo

Houston, TX

#19 Jul 14, 2012

This just in ...

Toxic pesticides from GM food crops found in unborn babies
www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8525165...

Ex-employee MW

Fulton, MO

#20 Jul 17, 2012
I am saddened to hear of any turmoil going on at Baker Creek. While I worked there I found the employees and management to be first-class. It was a great place to work and I miss it. I can say that the business is not perfect. But what business is? Or, what individual is perfect?

But people should not be too quick to point fingers at the owners.

If any of the ex or current employees can tell who I am then I would love to hear from you. I'd welcome a call or letter. Best regards. MW
EGW

Sumner, IA

#21 Jul 18, 2012
Well the news that is making its way down to West Plains is at the very least "Troubling". The girl (Jandi) that works the seed store seems to not be able to keep herself chaste while her boyfriend is in prison. The word on teh street here is that she is sleeping around with one of the other employees. She is not smart, Allen has himself a temper and little miss Jandi is playing with fire. You know it always leaks out and Allen is bound to find out. The other news here is that they let their warehouse manager go. Chris was the backbone for that company and they have lost a very competent man if that is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what does anyone. know about Debbie kuster Mon BUZ 3
andy bradshaw Mon concerned citizenn 3
Wright county Mon Bob 3
Who is JD Blair? (Mar '16) Sun Someone who knows 9
News Woman dairy farmer carries on family tradition Sun Cordwainer Trout 3
Zack and Wanda wedge Sun Bestie 1
Who is Brittany Jo Campbell??? Sat Amay 19

Mountain Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance