gossip in mountain grove
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Disappointed

Plattsburg, MO

#1 Feb 17, 2009
I really enjoy this website because it gives you a update and peoples thoughts on what is going on in the big town of mountain grove. The last couple of times I logged in on here I noticed the local gossip on here. Honestly some of the things said here about people where very cruel. I can not beleive that people could go to the level of sitting behind their computers talking about peoples lifes. Why is it we need to sit here and dwell on others problems slash drama when we all have our own?
Bridgett Alexander

Kahoka, MO

#2 Mar 15, 2009
I would have to agree with you i think if ppl want to get on here and talk shit about other ppl they need to grow a pair and actually say it to their face they need to stop being cowards
Sarah

Chula Vista, CA

#3 Mar 16, 2009
Very tru
ashliegh

Columbia, MO

#5 Mar 19, 2009
ya. All this stuff is bull shit. Alot of this stuff said isn't true. And yeah alot of peoples lives get ruined for peoples nonsense. It is pretty pathetic. Most of the people on this website are just immature and don't know how to take care of themselves so they have to trash other people. Grow up.
You all are STUPID

Ava, MO

#6 Mar 19, 2009
People lives get ruined and it is no ones fault but there own. It aint bullshit it is the way it is so stop crying about it the first step is to admit YOU AINT PERFECT...
josh wilson

Columbia, MO

#7 Apr 7, 2009
im perfect i dont care who you are XD
Just a person

Plattsburg, MO

#8 Apr 7, 2009
OK sorry Josh but know one is perfect. It is true there is alot of useless mean gossip on here. If people cannot say bad things to the persons face they should keep their mouths shut (or in this case their fingers. Besides rumors are most of the time not true. People just make stuff up to stir sh**.
Mountain Grover

Osceola, MO

#9 Apr 7, 2009
One thing that gets me is if you say who you are , the bullys find somthing to trash you about , your appearence , your spelling or your past. like they are perfect with nothing they want hid.
On the other hand if you hide behind a fake name they call you out on that , like they aint using fake names.
just responding at all puts you in a place for attack.
Is slander legal because its freedom of speech?
what a shame

Richwoods, MO

#10 Apr 8, 2009
Mountain Grover wrote:
One thing that gets me is if you say who you are , the bullys find somthing to trash you about , your appearence , your spelling or your past. like they are perfect with nothing they want hid.
On the other hand if you hide behind a fake name they call you out on that , like they aint using fake names.
just responding at all puts you in a place for attack.
Is slander legal because its freedom of speech?
Slander is illegal and if someone states something that hurts a person personally, financially or their lives and it is not true then it is a case of slander.

There was a case in Texas where a couple were found innocent in a court of charges, however, they were talked about continually on the Topics site and statements were made about them even after their innocent ruling by the judge! The people sued Topics and all 32 posters in a class action and Topics had to hand over the ISP's and each and every person was taken to court and sued. Moral of this ... watch what you say and be kind to your neighbor....in other words...shut your mouth and stop the slanderous talking about others, lets clean up this sight and talk about matters that will make our community and town a better place to live. Lets clean up this town and all pitch in and make this the great place that it really is!
josh wilson

Columbia, MO

#11 Apr 8, 2009
Mountain Grover wrote:
One thing that gets me is if you say who you are , the bullys find somthing to trash you about , your appearence , your spelling or your past. like they are perfect with nothing they want hid.
On the other hand if you hide behind a fake name they call you out on that , like they aint using fake names.
just responding at all puts you in a place for attack.
Is slander legal because its freedom of speech?
dosent matter to me im use to all the crap talked about me lol so ill use my name im not scared and i was just messin around when i said i was perfect lol i know im not
Mr nobody

Cross Timbers, MO

#12 Apr 8, 2009
The MG forums are a lot more critical then other towns.
shelsie

Bruner, MO

#13 Apr 8, 2009
yeah i found this site bc a friend of mines mom had told her i was on here for having std's...I was like WTF. the person couldn't even spell my name close to right. I believe they spelt it shesea sertar. but it's spelt Shelsie Sartor. I was freakin ticked. And just incase ur wondering. I DONT have any std's.
Mountain Grover

Saint Charles, MO

#14 Apr 8, 2009
josh wilson wrote:
<quoted text> dosent matter to me im use to all the crap talked about me lol so ill use my name im not scared and i was just messin around when i said i was perfect lol i know im not
yes you are!lol
Cultured

Plattsburg, MO

#15 Apr 9, 2009
I find this town and the people in it to be very poor and very uncultured . Most are uneducated and backwards . It's a sad little town . However a few educated cultured people will not change the minds of generations so why even bother . Oh and the last sentence was not a question . Its not a matter of growing up . Its a matter of expanding . So that very sad that this town or people wont ever do that .
josh wilson

Columbia, MO

#16 Apr 9, 2009
Mountain Grover wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are!lol
no im not and who r u
Mr nobody

Ozark, MO

#17 Apr 9, 2009
Cultured wrote:
I find this town and the people in it to be very poor and very uncultured . Most are uneducated and backwards . It's a sad little town . However a few educated cultured people will not change the minds of generations so why even bother . Oh and the last sentence was not a question . Its not a matter of growing up . Its a matter of expanding . So that very sad that this town or people wont ever do that .
What does it feel like to be perfect? Wish I was so "cultured" dont like it? LEAVE!

Oh ya and Josh I know you too and I think your a pretty nice guy. You never did a bad thing to me.
Cultured

Plattsburg, MO

#18 Apr 10, 2009
I wish you were cultured too . Then maybe you might know the difference between perfection and
''cultured ''. Leave ? Why ? I love the ZOO .
Cultured

Plattsburg, MO

#19 Apr 11, 2009
We need to change this town for the better and stop the nonsense. Iam willing to put my money where my mouth is . Lets all come together and create some fun .
Slander Abuse REPORT

Plattsburg, MO

#20 Apr 17, 2009
what a shame wrote:
<quoted text>
Slander is illegal and if someone states something that hurts a person personally, financially or their lives and it is not true then it is a case of slander.
There was a case in Texas where a couple were found innocent in a court of charges, however, they were talked about continually on the Topics site and statements were made about them even after their innocent ruling by the judge! The people sued Topics and all 32 posters in a class action and Topics had to hand over the ISP's and each and every person was taken to court and sued. Moral of this ... watch what you say and be kind to your neighbor....in other words...shut your mouth and stop the slanderous talking about others, lets clean up this sight and talk about matters that will make our community and town a better place to live. Lets clean up this town and all pitch in and make this the great place that it really is!
please read "Mountain Grove Forum" post on Abuse and posting peoples full names and slander.
too disapointed

Sedalia, MO

#21 Apr 21, 2009
If your soooooooooo. disappointed about the things being said on topix, then why are you on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No more Yogis Pizza 2 hr Donk 2
carla campbell from norwood 3 hr Yep 8
Does anyone really even like kayla brown (Feb '10) 11 hr I know Kayla 21
New city cop 14 hr Honkie417 1
Jobs Fri Knight Rider 11
public school and transgender Jun 22 Curious 4
The Obama invasion Jun 22 yep 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Grove Mortgages