Basketball Coach Jessen
MG4ME

Plattsburg, MO

#1 Jan 13, 2011
What is this guys deal? He has a couple of sophmore players that are really good. One he plays a little- he is the tallest one the team and can really play if given the chance and another hasn't went in the game at all. It looks like the kids that kiss his --- are the only ones that get playing time. He is obviously not concerned about winning a game by leaving these players out. He is a jerk and I hope this will be his last year as the basketball coach in Mtn. Grove. He is running out of places to go....
TigerMom

Mountain Grove, MO

#2 Jan 13, 2011
This guy has been to lost of schools so far in his coaching career. Not to mention that he has also had some run ins with the law. I was shocked to hear that he got a job in Mt. Grove. I am just glad he did not stay in Houston very long. My son was in Jr. high when he was here but I know lots of parents did not care for him. A coach should be a role model not someone who has been arrested on more than one occasion. Mt. Grove should do there research before they hire someone. Don't worry MG4ME just like every place else, he wont be there long.
Cline

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Jan 13, 2011
MG4ME wrote:
What is this guys deal? He has a couple of sophmore players that are really good. One he plays a little- he is the tallest one the team and can really play if given the chance and another hasn't went in the game at all. It looks like the kids that kiss his --- are the only ones that get playing time. He is obviously not concerned about winning a game by leaving these players out. He is a jerk and I hope this will be his last year as the basketball coach in Mtn. Grove. He is running out of places to go....
Jessen is one of the best in the business. Unfortuantely he is human and plays favorites with his line up. I saw the tall sophmome play I think his name is Dober. My husband and I can't believe he didn't get more playing time against our school. All there younger kids need playing time to develop. But like I said he is human and he let his personal feeling take over his line up. With the younger talent he has to work with he need to develop those kids. Maybe the game we saw wasn't representative of how the kids play but he has some younger kids that have a lot of talent and a bright future if he will let them play. But like everything in life it's always easier for us to critize what he does...he has to actually do it and it's not that easy making those kinds of decisions.
more to it

United States

#4 Jan 14, 2011
He is very fair. You lose playing time for missed practices....especially when you don't notify either coach just a player. We don't know what goes on in practice.
umm

Plattsburg, MO

#5 Jan 14, 2011
You people need to get a life and quit worshiping sport players.
Maroon

Mountain Grove, MO

#6 Jan 14, 2011
Even if a kid misses practice they should be able to get back in the good graces of the coaches. I for one hope he gets more DWI's so he can go to jail and not coach basketball anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
andy bradshaw 4 hr factchecker 2
Wright county 4 hr Bob 3
what does anyone. know about Debbie kuster 10 hr just me 2
Who is JD Blair? (Mar '16) 20 hr Someone who knows 9
News Woman dairy farmer carries on family tradition Sun Cordwainer Trout 3
Zack and Wanda wedge Sun Bestie 1
Who is Brittany Jo Campbell??? Sat Amay 19

Mountain Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance