First Prev
of 8
Next Last
What

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Sep 15, 2009
what is going on tonite on hwy 67???Med flight has landed 5 times.
AbM

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 15, 2009
a squad that was transportin a old lady hit a car head on or the car hit the squad head on and the old lady died it threw the guy out of the car and they were all flew out by wings
honeybee

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2009
What wrote:
what is going on tonite on hwy 67???Med flight has landed 5 times.
Heard on scanner there was a wreck in Butler. 1 vehicle involved. Then heard another wreck in same location involving another vehicle and ambulance. Ambulance rolled over w/patient inside.Praying for all involved.
concered

Johnson City, TN

#4 Sep 15, 2009
does anyone know who was in any of the accident's? praying for all..
wondering

Santa Barbara, CA

#5 Sep 15, 2009
who passed away?
in the dark

Mount Airy, NC

#6 Sep 15, 2009
I heard the same and I preyed all are okay.Best thoughts and heart goes out to all family members.
Mammaw

AOL

#7 Sep 15, 2009
THP asked for a BA(blood alcohol) on a buchanan subject...all bad

“God is my Rock”

Since: Sep 09

Mountain City

#8 Sep 15, 2009
A friend told me they were gonna make it, he is on the scene. Let's all pray this is true.
year

Lexington, TN

#9 Sep 16, 2009
the Buchanan woman hit the ambulance She is always on something and looking for a pill.
wondering

Clyde, NC

#10 Sep 16, 2009
does anyone know the first name of the buchanan lady
mustang girl

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Sep 16, 2009
This was just on channel 5 news. Brenda Buchanan hit the ambulance head on and caused the ambulance to roll down a hill. Bob Barlowe was thrown from the ambulance, Kevin Colson was in the back working on the patient and is hurt, and the patient died. Please pray for every one involved and their families.
mustang girl

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Sep 16, 2009
Correction - It was Joseph Barlowe not Bob.
kitty

Johnson City, TN

#13 Sep 16, 2009
is Brenda Buchanan also Brenda Reece/
sympathedic

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Sep 16, 2009
does anyone know who the patient was that was killed?
year

Flomaton, AL

#15 Sep 16, 2009
yes She was a reece.She has a son named Bruce everone knows Her..She lived in Butler but She moved to Elizabethton.She sayed last night at the hospital She was going to go to woodrige to get some help.we all need to pray for all 4 familys.
kitty

Johnson City, TN

#16 Sep 16, 2009
how is joe and colson? has any one heard?
New Reporter

Johnson City, TN

#17 Sep 16, 2009
By Dana Wachter

Published: September 16, 2009

UPDATE, 9:15 a.m.: James Watson, spokesperson for Johnson City Medical Center, told 11 Connects the conditions of the three injured. The driver of the car, Barbara Buchanan, is in fair condition. Rescue squad worker, Kevin Colson, is in fair condition. Ambulance driver, Joseph Barlow, is in critical condition. Barlow was ejected from the vehicle during the crash.

——————————

Johnson Co., Tenn.—The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal wreck that occurred last night in Johnson County involving a car and an ambulance.
The wreck happened on Highway 67 at mile marker 2, about a mile north of Butler in Johnson County around 10:15 last night.
11 Connects Ted Overbay was on scene until about one this morning, and the the Tennessee Highway Patrol dispatch says that it took until just before 5:00 a.m. to clean up the scene.
THP said that a Chevy Lumina crossed the center lane of Highway 67, and hit a Johnson County Rescue Squad ambulance. The hit pushed the ambulance off the road. It came back onto the road, but the ambulance’s rear tire caught the edge, and flipped it over an embankment. A female patient in the ambulance died at the scene, and three others were air-lifted by Wings to JCMC.
The driver of the car that hit the ambulance is 51 year old Brenda J. Buchanan, of Elizabethton. The driver of the ambulance is 55 year old Joseph R. Barlow of Mountain City, and the other rescue squad worker in the ambulance is 32 year old Kevin Colson of Laurel Bloomery.
The name of the woman who died has not been released.
The THP said that drugs may have been a factor in the crash, so they’re treating this as a criminal investigation.

http://www2.tricities.com/tri/news/local/arti...
curious

Johnson City, TN

#18 Sep 16, 2009
has anyone heard how they are doing
cbh

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Sep 16, 2009
the lady that died name is Alcia McCoy age 57
Martia

Dallas, TX

#20 Sep 16, 2009
cbh wrote:
the lady that died name is Alcia McCoy age 57
Post 15 says Reece.... how many people died ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Roark, County Commissioner 2 hr Jody H 2
lickers 2 hr Jody H 2
Gerald buckle's as a landlord 10 hr person 7
Motorcycle wreck (Jul '09) 16 hr SHE and I 15
Motorcycle accident (May '11) 16 hr SHE and I 33
motorcycle wreck just now (Apr '10) 16 hr SHE and I 20
J J Motor home (Feb '10) 16 hr SHE and I 2

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance