Food Stamps and Harley's
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SWISS

Lebanon, VA

#1 Dec 15, 2012
I was in the grocery store today and in line in front of me was a man wearing a black leather vest with the name of the biker club/gang that he was a member of, a local gang from Mtn.City but I will not say which one.

The man was talking about having his bike worked on right now.

Harley's are expensive and having one worked on is expensive.

A motorcycle is what I consider a "luxury".
Everyone need a car to get to work, the doctor, grocery store, important places.

When someone fills out an application for welfare certain questions should be asked if they're not, such as
"How many vehicles do you own"?
"Do you own them or making payments on them"?
"Do you own a motorcycle"?

If more than 2 vehicles are owned they need to be sold.
If a motorcycle is owned it needs to be sold.

The man used an EBT Card (food stamps) to buy his groceries.
If the man can't buy his own food he needs to sell the Harley and use that money to buy food and use the money that he will have to pay the mechanic for working on it to buy his food.

Foodstamps and any other kind of welfare should be a last resort.
There are people who really need help and they should get it but not someone that has a Harley to get out and cruise around on.
sawyou

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Dec 15, 2012
SWISS wrote:
I was in the grocery store today and in line in front of me was a man wearing a black leather vest with the name of the biker club/gang that he was a member of, a local gang from Mtn.City but I will not say which one.
Everyone need a car to get to work, the doctor, grocery store, important places.
When someone fills out an application for welfare certain questions should be asked if they're not, such as
If the man can't buy his own food he needs to sell the Harley and use that money to buy food and use the money that he will have to pay the mechanic for working on it to buy his food.
There are people who really need help and they should get it but not someone that has a Harley to get out and cruise around on.
Did you ask him if he had a car too?Did he pay with a credit card instead? How many groceries did he buy to haul on his Harley?
I agree with you but also think that diamonds, riding mowers, grills, boats, guns, pedigree dogs,extra land, cross-bows,cell phones, telivision, beer and smokes, candy and soda, and golf clubs are among of some of those luxuries that people with EBT should not be able to keep.
ZamaJ

Myrtle Beach, SC

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Should also include cigarette and beer.
Stella

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Also tattoos...how do some people who don't have jobs and depend on someone else to support them justify getting tattoos? And anyone that drives a Hummer...have you seen the Hummers in the parking lot at Village Apartments? Either they live there and can afford the Hummer since they are living in government subsidized apartments OR the drivers of the Hummers are just there long enough to buy the drugs/meth that the residents make and sell to supplement their 'income.'
doe resident

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Dec 17, 2012
When you apply for welfare, you are asked about automobiles, money, and land.You are NOT asked about your pool or jewelry.You are asked about the drugs but not how much beer you drink. The man mententioned earlier could have owned a truck and motorcycle and still get a few bucks in food stamps.I can't believe he bought too much to haul on his bike.
former worker

Johnson City, TN

#6 Dec 18, 2012
good ole mountain city, lol
Boo

Ashburn, VA

#7 Dec 18, 2012
I'm not selling my bike so forget it.
billybob

Johnson City, TN

#8 Dec 19, 2012
SWISS wrote:
I take it that you applied and did not get them. If it upset you so much, why not ask the man if he owned a car. I dont get food stamps, but I do ride a Harley to get grocerys on it, my Debit card looks like a foodstamp card. For all you know, the bike was the only thing he did own. He could have been homeless, he could have lost his job. I have seen Mothers getting grociers with foodstamps and it be all JUNK FOOD, with a few steaks. This makes me mad, but I dont get on here and complain, I intruduce myself to them and find out about there, "name" situration before turning them in to Soical Servies.
Frosty

Chisinau, Moldova

#9 Dec 19, 2012
billybob wrote:
<quoted text> I take it that you applied and did not get them. If it upset you so much, why not ask the man if he owned a car. I dont get food stamps, but I do ride a Harley to get grocerys on it, my Debit card looks like a foodstamp card. For all you know, the bike was the only thing he did own. He could have been homeless, he could have lost his job. I have seen Mothers getting grociers with foodstamps and it be all JUNK FOOD, with a few steaks. This makes me mad, but I dont get on here and complain, I intruduce myself to them and find out about there, "name" situration before turning them in to Soical Servies.
I'm not telling you my name unless it's Joseph kyle
sawu

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Dec 19, 2012
Stella wrote:
Also tattoos...how do some people who don't have jobs and depend on someone else to support them justify getting tattoos? And anyone that drives a Hummer...have you seen the Hummers in the parking lot at Village Apartments? Either they live there and can afford the Hummer since they are living in government subsidized apartments OR the drivers of the Hummers are just there long enough to buy the drugs/meth that the residents make and sell to supplement their 'income.'
People sometimes qualify for food stamps when they are disabled. I have noticed these hunters with the disability tags in their windows.
First, I cannot understand how they are disabled if they can run up and down the roads, day and night, and tromp through the woods. I mean, they have guns and some have large, expensive pickups plus cars at home. What about the woman who gets food for her children and has a live-in lazy boyfriend eating up the food?
Don't put a lable on this person with the motorcycle when you don't know about what else he owns.He IS saving gas. If it is who I think it is; he lives in Boone in an apartment and was in military. He returned home to find that his wife had taken up with another man. At least, he deserves a little help!
sawu

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Dec 19, 2012
billybob wrote:
<quoted text> I take it that you applied and did not get them. If it upset you so much, why not ask the man if he owned a car. I dont get food stamps, but I do ride a Harley to get grocerys on it, my Debit card looks like a foodstamp card. For all you know, the bike was the only thing he did own. He could have been homeless, he could have lost his job. I have seen Mothers getting grociers with foodstamps and it be all JUNK FOOD, with a few steaks. This makes me mad, but I dont get on here and complain, I intruduce myself to them and find out about there, "name" situration before turning them in to Soical Servies.
I Followed one outside to their suv with the disabled sign in the window. If they don't work, then they surely could make a home-cooked meal for their children.I think the DHS office should supply them with instructions on how to make beans and cook potatoes or macoroni.Some children act like thay are starved when they eat at school and i bet go w/o much food over the weekend. Sad!
billybob

Johnson City, TN

#12 Dec 19, 2012
sawu wrote:
<quoted text>I Followed one outside to their suv with the disabled sign in the window. If they don't work, then they surely could make a home-cooked meal for their children.I think the DHS office should supply them with instructions on how to make beans and cook potatoes or macoroni.Some children act like thay are starved when they eat at school and i bet go w/o much food over the weekend. Sad!
A lot of kids do go without "real food", the one I was speaking of, I have seen on different times, and it is always the same. The buggy is loaded with Potato Chips, candy bars, cakes, cookies, case of Pepsi. A few Steaks. Her kids looked to be around i, 3 and a 5 year old. To me this is just horriable.Maybe they should cut out foodstamps and start giving out Real Food. Food for the age group that is needed.
Jim

Johnson City, TN

#13 Dec 19, 2012
This one you are talking about, blond hair, I think I know her, she also has another one, born about 1 month ago, never married, has men coming and going all the time. On drugs, I reported her myself a while back. The kids always have a pepsi in one hand and some kind of junk food in the other. Its a crying shame.
ROY

Banner Elk, NC

#14 Dec 19, 2012
shoot i no a man thts gets new house phone food stapes n all the rest n nver worked n coon hunts all the time i no i hunts with him sometimes ,AND HE GET UP THEM MOUTAINTS FASTER THAN THE REST OF US. SO HES SMARTER THAN US.......LOL

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Dec 19, 2012
ROY wrote:
shoot i no a man thts gets new house phone food stapes n all the rest n nver worked n coon hunts all the time i no i hunts with him sometimes ,AND HE GET UP THEM MOUTAINTS FASTER THAN THE REST OF US. SO HES SMARTER THAN US.......LOL
Hi, Roy!:)
George

Romania

#16 Dec 20, 2012
I get food stamps,have a motorcycle, live in an old van with a kerosene heater and a solar powered lights and solar powered tv set.
HowBad

Johnson City, TN

#17 Dec 21, 2012
I can do better than that, I live in a van down by the river, get foodstamps, a disability check, ant a dame thing wrong with me, accept I dont wipe my ass.
HowBad

Johnson City, TN

#18 Dec 21, 2012
I would have a motorcycle but I am to dume to ride one, anyway with my shitty ass, I'd slide off.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#19 Dec 22, 2012
Nuts to all you complainers !!! If you know someone who uses someone else's card.... then report them to the proper place.... Topix is a waste of time ~!!!!
Joe Kyle

Spain

#20 Dec 25, 2012
HowBad wrote:
I would have a motorcycle but I am to dume to ride one, anyway with my shitty ass, I'd slide off.
I'll tell you what you buy one and I'll ride it for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High Country 1 min DoeMtnNot 2
Isn't it just wonderful ..., 11 min DoeMtnNot 1
Haunted places 2 hr Searching 1
Adam Erickson&Brandie Dowell 4 hr we know 1
Poll Who is Kayla Jennnings (Mar '08) 8 hr Who_wtf_huh 23
Can Satan be impeached? 8 hr IONU 17
Anaphylaxis 21 hr Bill_Lewis 19

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance