Johnson County Assessor of Property E...

Johnson County Assessor of Property Election

Posted in the Mountain City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TN Voter

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Who do you think should be the next Property Tax Assessor for Johnson County? Jerry Jordan? Matthew Lewis? or Clint Robinson?

“Most people are "C" students”

Since: Sep 07

Right here

#2 Jul 10, 2012
TN Voter wrote:
Who do you think should be the next Property Tax Assessor for Johnson County? Jerry Jordan? Matthew Lewis? or Clint Robinson?
In fact, what criteria do you use to decide? None of their advertising cites any qualifications for assessing property.
Harleys

West Jefferson, NC

#3 Jul 10, 2012
I know him well wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, what criteria do you use to decide? None of their advertising cites any qualifications for assessing property.
I think they mostly hire outside people to do the actual assessments. The guy who did mine was a man from some outfit in Elizabethton.
TN VOTER

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jul 11, 2012
I don't know that much about any of them. Mr. Robinson ran for the job a few years back. Mr. Jordan is retired and Mr. Lewis has worked in the Assessors Office 4 or 5 years {?} I want someone in there that knows a little something about how to assess my Property Values.None of their advertising really does cite any qualifications, but what I can gather, none of them have any except Mr. Lewis. I am not campaigning for Mr Lewis, I don't know him that well, but if he has been in that office for several years,in my opinion, he's the only one that would have a clue about property values.
gambler

Hiltons, VA

#5 Jul 11, 2012
Harleys wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they mostly hire outside people to do the actual assessments. The guy who did mine was a man from some outfit in Elizabethton.
don't need to know much, state dictates to them what to do. just a warm body to do ground work. However, I think Lewis deserves a chance.
Vote Clint

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 11, 2012
Why Lewis? Clint is the man!
TN VOTER

Mount Juliet, TN

#7 Jul 11, 2012
Why is Clint the man? He has no qualifications?
Vote Clint

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jul 11, 2012
Dear lord help! When voted into an office.....YOU LEARN AS YOU GO! And, as for the office of assessments, well, I'm so sure that NONE have too many "qualifications"? There's a beginning to every new career, and there are the "experienced", that will teach everything that ya need to know! LOL, and, there are plenty of "cheat sheets" to get ya going.

Right here

#9 Jul 11, 2012
Vote Clint wrote:
Dear lord help! When voted into an office.....YOU LEARN AS YOU GO! And, as for the office of assessments, well, I'm so sure that NONE have too many "qualifications"? There's a beginning to every new career, and there are the "experienced", that will teach everything that ya need to know! LOL, and, there are plenty of "cheat sheets" to get ya going.
Well, okay, if there are no qualifications for the job, how about something from the candidates indicating what they intend to do differently in the job if elected? At the very least, what they think WE should use as a basis for preferring one over the others.

Or do they really think we should cast our vote based on who's been married the longest or whose children have the most responsible sounding job titles or whose "love of this area" sounds more profound?
Mary Jones

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jul 12, 2012
I don't know why anyone would want to elect a man who has no experience when a good person like Matthew Lewis has been deputy assessor for 4 years and doing such a wonderful job.He treats everyone with respect.I hope every one vote for Mathew Lewis.
Beth Hall

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 12, 2012
Really, when it comes down to it there is no question about who to vote for. All are good men but the one who has experience and doing a good job to boot is a clear choice. Matthew Lewis has been doing a great job, no job trining required and he knows the job in and out. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Already Elected

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jul 12, 2012
Oh good Lord. We do know to whom the winning votes will go, do we not! The other guys just might not want to invest too much time and $$$$$$$$$$ since they have NO chance ; (
tweety bird

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jul 13, 2012
what about jordan he is pretty smart, no one at national textiles liked him but he was just doing his job, and he liked doing it
I know

United States

#14 Jul 13, 2012
Why jordan lets see he has all ready try for mayor, must not been enuf people like him so that didnt work out so now this .i guesa he mite as well try for sheriff and road super. I think he wasted his time again but this time he want even hear the gun go off. We know who the race is gona be mat and clint
UnCommonSense

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Jul 14, 2012
I know him well wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, okay, if there are no qualifications for the job, how about something from the candidates indicating what they intend to do differently in the job if elected? At the very least, what they think WE should use as a basis for preferring one over the others.
Or do they really think we should cast our vote based on who's been married the longest or whose children have the most responsible sounding job titles or whose "love of this area" sounds more profound?
I was going to vote for Clint just because he's a "Good Ole Boy" Any of these guys can do that job.

Clints post on Facebook changed my mind though. Funny how people running for office or selling weight loss milkshakes all of a sudden want to be your friend.

Clints post

ClintandShannon Robinson

&#8206;54 votes cast today. Polls are open on Monday from 8am till 8 pm. Thanks again for all the wonderful prayers and support from all our family and friends. Continue to pray for God's will to be done. We are so very blessed beyond measure. "But without faith it is impossible to please him;for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Wasn't Scott Teague supposed to be elected by gods will? Will Scott be elected Assessor of property if gods will is done? I'm still confused about god and polotics. I will however carry a bible around if it will land me a cushy job in the courthouse. Some pretty good looking women up there. I might get Lucky!
Its2012

West Jefferson, NC

#16 Jul 15, 2012
Woe be unto Johnson County!
bumfuzzled

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jul 15, 2012
First of all, I am just voicing my opinion,as everyone on here is doing, and each and every person has the right to vote for whom they choose. Reading these posts, however does not change my mind abount my vote. I will state clearly that I am a Lewis fan, simply because he personally asked for my vote, he did not send mass produced postcards in the mail, he does not have a webpage, or it hasnt seemed that he has busted the bank for his campaign. He is a very polte, nice young man, and he already knows the job. I'm sure there are lots of things he will still need to learn as there is in every new job, but with his experience, the transition from Deputy Assessor to Assessor should go smoothly . I am proud to say That I, a Johnon Cunty Voter will cast my vote for Matthew Lewis for the next Johnson County Tax Assessor.
jllijonesman

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jul 15, 2012
why do we have to mix relegion and politics???

Right here

#19 Jul 15, 2012
jllijonesman wrote:
why do we have to mix relegion and politics???
Because this Johnson County and the two are the same, not distinct. Same as in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan,...
Sadie

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jul 17, 2012
Matthew Lewis will have my vote! Experience and know's how to treat people with respect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 3 hr Pay attention 25
Kristy?? (Dec '14) 5 hr Impressed 16
Bill Shepherd 9 hr Valleywoman 16
animal control Wed RIO 18
April Allen Dunn (Sep '13) Wed Wireless 23
Assault weapons Wed Long Johnny 18
mother going church to get xxck Wed IONU 14

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance