Tom

Mountain City, TN

#1 Jan 31, 2013
Does this phone work in Mountain City
Mmmmm

Pulaski, VA

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Boy the ppl of Mountain city have been ever so helpful huh? Smh I was in Mountain city 2 yrs ago and had very poor signal with a staight talk but that was 2 years ago. Mountain city isnt a up to date place they prob only have one tower.
single parent

Stanfield, NC

#3 Feb 1, 2013
I have straight talk and have great service. When u go buy a phone tell them u need a straight talk that works off verizon towers not at&t.
lets see

Johnson City, TN

#4 Feb 1, 2013
Verizon tower phones should say "CDMA" on the box somewhere
abc

Highlands, NC

#5 Feb 1, 2013
Straight talk phones work good in mountain city
Tom

Mountain City, TN

#6 Feb 1, 2013
What about Boone
sawyou

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Feb 2, 2013
I have a cheap trac- phone and usually get out.
LastChance

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Feb 2, 2013
Mine works anywhere a Verizon will. Make sure the model number has a C after it and not a G. If it has a "G" it is AT&T and it will not have service.
jack

Johnson City, TN

#9 Feb 3, 2013
Mine works in Mountain City, Boone to Hickory to Charlotte and South Carolina to Columbia and Myrtle Beach. It does not work in Wilkes County in North Carolina for some reason but picks up in Yadkinville and works all the way to Raleigh. Bristol, JC and Elizabethton are also good.
Straighttalk

Mountain City, TN

#10 Feb 4, 2013
Straighttalk phones work very well in most all areas of Johnson County, as others have mentioned, any area that has Verizon coverage, will cover Straighttalk. For 45 bucks a month, unlimited talk, text and data, hard to beat. Works in Watauga County great also.
Tom

Mountain City, TN

#11 Feb 5, 2013
what about Martinsville Va
Straight Talk

Mountain City, TN

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Tom wrote:
what about Martinsville Va
Hard to say about a specific area like that. The best thing to do would be to post in a Martinsville, VA Topix forum like this one and ask. Here is a link to the straightalk coverage map. Everything that Verizon covers: http://www.straighttalksim.com/coverage.php
Tom

Mountain City, TN

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Does one phone work better than the other?
Tom

Mountain City, TN

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Can a verizon phone call a straight talk phone for free?
Straight Talk

Mountain City, TN

#15 Feb 9, 2013
I don't think one phone works better than another, it just depends on how many bells and whistles you want. Myself I like the old standby flip phone. But you can get several other types with Straight Talk, touchscreen, etc. And I'm pretty sure that a verizon phone can call a Straight Talk phone with no charges as, again, it is using the Verizon network and thus, a Verizon phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the tomahawk 7 hr whatever 14
Be Nice 8 hr Jeep12873 7
Evolution Theory Debunked (again) 9 hr Hill Billy Boy 37
News Barbara Potter arrested for tampering with evid... (Sep '12) 14 hr just me 11
three week old baby 19 hr theonewhocalledth... 30
neva general how was your recent dining experie... Sat FoodLover 3
Question Fri Local Person 1
More from around the web

Mountain City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]