First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Levite

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Oct 3, 2011
Has anyone checked out the new store in Neva? It looks pretty nice. I wonder if it will take business away from Neva General. Who opened the new place?
billy

United States

#2 Oct 3, 2011
billy mac stout opened it, his attitude needs to change if he wants to get business.
billy

United States

#3 Oct 3, 2011
did not mean to post twiced.
peggy

United States

#4 Oct 31, 2011
i like the idea of a new store in the area Neva General is only open the hours they want to be. they never have anything. i know the reason is they went in the hole letting people charge and they end up not paying. wounder what the new store would have to do to get some gas pumps in there so people would not have to go all the way to town to get gas.
libby

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2011
the old man who own the old neva general is bad with cancer, so they won't be open much longer. the girl who worked there moved up to the new one. food is really good. will agree that billy mac does need an attitude adjustment!!! and he'll probably get one!
Yes

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 31, 2011
libby wrote:
the old man who own the old neva general is bad with cancer, so they won't be open much longer. the girl who worked there moved up to the new one. food is really good. will agree that billy mac does need an attitude adjustment!!! and he'll probably get one!
Not to sound snooty but, the family, as a group, has always had the notorious "attitude". I attended meeting and those attitudes were in full force, not nice ; ( But with all the sadness and grief in the family, well, the guy needs a good break! Hope and pray he has plenty of customers, and they spend plenty of$$$$$$$$$$
joe

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Oct 31, 2011
Nice casual atmosphere, support your local store!
Yes

Johnson City, TN

#8 Nov 1, 2011
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>Not to sound snooty but, the family, as a group, has always had the notorious "attitude". I attended meeting and those attitudes were in full force, not nice ; ( But with all the sadness and grief in the family, well, the guy needs a good break! Hope and pray he has plenty of customers, and they spend plenty of$$$$$$$$$$
"Hoping the CUSTOMERS" spend plenty of $$$$$$$$$$ That's what I meant, YES :)
Neva4life

Johnson City, TN

#9 Nov 1, 2011
was promised gas pumps, there are none. Now I find out that he might be getting gas next sping but they will be above ground. The store is bare with almost nothing in it. No ciggs. hell, not even a menu! I hope it works out for him, but Billy Mac is known for thinking he is better than anyone else and pissing off alot of people. Thats not goin to go over well in the long run when you have to deal with the public day in and day out. I live a mile from his new store and I for one, wont be back.
Local

Johnson City, TN

#10 Nov 1, 2011
Neva4life wrote:
was promised gas pumps, there are none. Now I find out that he might be getting gas next sping but they will be above ground. The store is bare with almost nothing in it. No ciggs. hell, not even a menu! I hope it works out for him, but Billy Mac is known for thinking he is better than anyone else and pissing off alot of people. Thats not goin to go over well in the long run when you have to deal with the public day in and day out. I live a mile from his new store and I for one, wont be back.
So dude, ya sound like one of those customers that may NOT "be missed"..........
Love the place

Johnson City, TN

#11 Nov 1, 2011
I have been in the store,several times, I for one think it is nice, The food is good,and Billy has always been nice to me and my family,and we will be going back, Thanks to Billy for providing a new and different dining experience,and I hope that his business grows and he prospers in his endevor.
Milo

Bluff City, TN

#12 Nov 1, 2011
Love the place wrote:
I have been in the store,several times, I for one think it is nice, The food is good,and Billy has always been nice to me and my family,and we will be going back, Thanks to Billy for providing a new and different dining experience,and I hope that his business grows and he prospers in his endevor.
What's on the menu?
Skeletons

Johnson City, TN

#13 Nov 1, 2011
Guess who actually owns the property. Ask K Crosswhite...she's dating him.
downneva

Johnson City, TN

#14 Nov 3, 2011
Food was terrible--went there for breakfast . took 45 minutes and food was barely edible no menu Another customer (must have been a regular) came in ordered breakfast got his breakfast he ate and left and had been gone 15 minutes before we were served. Waitress had no personality and we didnt even see a cook..nothing in the store no customers they did however have a nice display of "old things" if they treat all customers the way we were treated they wont be in business long
YEP

Johnson City, TN

#16 Nov 3, 2011
downneva wrote:
Food was terrible--went there for breakfast . took 45 minutes and food was barely edible no menu Another customer (must have been a regular) came in ordered breakfast got his breakfast he ate and left and had been gone 15 minutes before we were served. Waitress had no personality and we didnt even see a cook..nothing in the store no customers they did however have a nice display of "old things" if they treat all customers the way we were treated they wont be in business long
And a big Oops! So you're one of those customers that expects a "butt kissin" every time ya walk through the door? YEP!
cook

United States

#17 Nov 4, 2011
do they need a good cook?
Wink

Johnson City, TN

#18 Nov 4, 2011
Neva wrote:
I understood that a Sullivan man from NC and Blake Stout are joint owners of that property. Which one is Kim dating? Like we all don't know the old man she is dating.......BLAKE STOUT!!!
Hey, dont talk bout Blake! He's a darling.
Ratman

Johnson City, TN

#19 Nov 4, 2011
libby wrote:
Billy Mack is good people,hope he does well!!
Ratman

Johnson City, TN

#20 Nov 4, 2011
Billy Mack is good people,hope he does well!!
mayberry

Johnson City, TN

#21 Nov 5, 2011
I hope it does well too.We need a store down this way anyway especially if they get gas pumps sometime.Its a new store and I am willing to wait until they figure their stuff out and have been in business for a while before I judge them.The more profit they make the more stuff they can sell there.I don't care who owns the place as long as they have things I need to buy down the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst Teacher JC has ever had (Aug '08) 3 hr annoyed 178
Child hit by car at Roan Creek elementary school 3 hr MOO 36
Leash law 3 hr MOO 13
trash on Illinois Street 15 hr The volunteer 9
Mountain city needs help! 15 hr Curious Man 5
What Do You All Think About Dustin Lewis AKA Ro... (Sep '09) Tue Robert 21
Hal Wills (Mar '13) Mon Happy 3

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance