need help for christmas!!!

need help for christmas!!!

Posted in the Mountain City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
IN NEED

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2012
I am a single mother of 2 little boys and recently lost my job that I have had for the past 7 years; I am unable to find another job anywhere here and in the surrounding counties! It is very discouraging as well as depressing! But my question is does anyone know of any people, charities, churches, ect. that are willing and able to help to purchase small, inexpensive gifts for my boys? I tried to apply for the Santa's Helping Hands & The Angel Tree but applications were to be turned in the week before I lost my job. I am unable to pay bills and play Santa both. I want to just let my bills go so I can give my boys a small but exciting Christmas morning but to wake up with no electricity or water might be more depressing than not having any presents!!! I am stuck in between a rock and a hard spot choking on my pride asking for someone's help who will not judge me for asking! I will be glad to pay for anything as soon as I am able to find employment anywhere! I know people can make promises & you never hear from them again but I am a woman of my word & I will repay whom ever may help me and my little boys! Thanks and may God bless! Merry Christmas to all!
asking around

United States

#2 Dec 15, 2012
I know jobs are scarce around this town and will probably get worse; but I will ask around. "Choking on your pride" GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR LITTLE BOYS! If my family can help or find anyone else who can help, I will comment back for arrangements! Keep your chin up my dear things will get better!
Tough Times

Asheboro, NC

#3 Dec 15, 2012
There is a place where people can get food.
It's a building that used to be a Church.
It's on the road that goes by Parkdale.
After you pass Subas restraunt it's the first road on the right, if you pass Parkdale you've went to far, the road goes by the Hotel.
Keep going down that road, it is the first Church building on the left.

They can give you food and maybe they can tell you of places that might have toys.
They have a list of Churches that give food and what day of the month that you can go to that Church to get food.
At this time of the year maybe some of these Churches will have gifts for children.

There is a place beside of Fred's store that helps in some way, it might the Neighborhood Service Center.

There is the Hebron Mission across the road from Food Country.

That's all I know to tell you.

Good luck, I hope you get the help that you need.
Lexi

Fleetwood, NC

#4 Dec 15, 2012
IN NEED wrote:
I am a single mother of 2 little boys and recently lost my job that I have had for the past 7 years; I am unable to find another job anywhere here and in the surrounding counties! It is very discouraging as well as depressing! But my question is does anyone know of any people, charities, churches, ect. that are willing and able to help to purchase small, inexpensive gifts for my boys? I tried to apply for the Santa's Helping Hands & The Angel Tree but applications were to be turned in the week before I lost my job. I am unable to pay bills and play Santa both. I want to just let my bills go so I can give my boys a small but exciting Christmas morning but to wake up with no electricity or water might be more depressing than not having any presents!!! I am stuck in between a rock and a hard spot choking on my pride asking for someone's help who will not judge me for asking! I will be glad to pay for anything as soon as I am able to find employment anywhere! I know people can make promises & you never hear from them again but I am a woman of my word & I will repay whom ever may help me and my little boys! Thanks and may God bless! Merry Christmas to all!
I might be able to help - what are your sons' ages? I need a bit more info to be sure this is a legitimate request before I make the commitment to help. I hope you understand my concerns and my need to find out more before buying the gifts. Why did you lose your job? Is there any paternal assistance? Etc., Etc. I do not want these children to wake up without Christmas gifts, so please respond asap
SERIOUSLY

Asheboro, NC

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Why the woman lost her job and if the father pays child support should have no bearing on you buying toys for the two boys to open on Christmas day.

The boys aren't to blame for whatever mistakes their parents might have made if they have made mistakes, I'm not saying they have, but if they have that's not your business.

If you can afford it just buy the boys gifts and help make them happy.

When people give to "Toys for Tot's" and the buy gifts for the children that has their name on the "Angel Tree", they don't ask why those people are asking for help.
Lexi

Fleetwood, NC

#6 Dec 15, 2012
SERIOUSLY wrote:
Why the woman lost her job and if the father pays child support should have no bearing on you buying toys for the two boys to open on Christmas day.
The boys aren't to blame for whatever mistakes their parents might have made if they have made mistakes, I'm not saying they have, but if they have that's not your business.
If you can afford it just buy the boys gifts and help make them happy.
When people give to "Toys for Tot's" and the buy gifts for the children that has their name on the "Angel Tree", they don't ask why those people are asking for help.
I beg to differ - it does make a difference. Unfortunately, we're living in a world where people do try and take advantage, even to the point of using children's needs as a ruse to get toys/gifts bought, even though there is not a true financial need. I do want these little boys to have a Christmas, but I still stand by my assertion that I have to know that this is a legitimate request.
Can Help

Leesburg, VA

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Convince me that you do not waste money on drugs or smoking and I will try to help. Please understand that there are lots of scams on the internet.
SERIOUSLY

Asheboro, NC

#8 Dec 15, 2012
Can Help wrote:
Convince me that you do not waste money on drugs or smoking and I will try to help. Please understand that there are lots of scams on the internet.
If the mother has wasted money that's not the children's fault.

If you can help, help the children regardless of the mistakes the mother has made.
Lexi

Fleetwood, NC

#9 Dec 15, 2012
SERIOUSLY wrote:
<quoted text> If the mother has wasted money that's not the children's fault.
If you can help, help the children regardless of the mistakes the mother has made.
Once again, you're not understanding what the concern is. There have been situations where people have asked for help for children and there aren't any children! Gifts and items bought are taken and sold and the money used for drugs and/or alcohol. We are not saying that we don't want to help these children, we're just not willing to "blindly" give without knowing/having more facts.
SERIOUSLY

Asheboro, NC

#10 Dec 15, 2012
Lexi wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ - it does make a difference. Unfortunately, we're living in a world where people do try and take advantage, even to the point of using children's needs as a ruse to get toys/gifts bought, even though there is not a true financial need. I do want these little boys to have a Christmas, but I still stand by my assertion that I have to know that this is a legitimate request.
I don't think someone would ask for a couple of toys if there wasn't a need.
The mother didn't ask for an XBox or a big screen T.V.

A couple of cheap toys can be bought at the Dollar Store or Freds.

Why would the mother try to scam you for a couple of cheap toys?
SERIOUSLY

Asheboro, NC

#11 Dec 15, 2012
I doubt that you had any intention of buying anything expensive enough for the mother to sell for a large amount of money.

I'm out of this conversation, I've spoke my peace, make a big deal out of it if you want, run a back ground check and criminal report on the mother if you want to.
COMMENT

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Dec 15, 2012
Lexi wrote:
<quoted text>
I might be able to help - what are your sons' ages? I need a bit more info to be sure this is a legitimate request before I make the commitment to help. I hope you understand my concerns and my need to find out more before buying the gifts. Why did you lose your job? Is there any paternal assistance? Etc., Etc. I do not want these children to wake up without Christmas gifts, so please respond asap
What do you want?
A breathalizer text? A tube of blood so you can have it tested for drug use?
A DNA test? Finger prints? If you've got some extra money go buy a toy and take it to the woman.
IN NEED

United States

#13 Dec 15, 2012
I understand the reason for wanting more information about myself, my boys father, ect. But I DO NOT want to publish my personal business for millions of gossipers who love and thrive on others misery! Plus, I don't want anyone to find out I ask for help because I am ashamed and feel like a bum! I swallowed my pride because I was raised not to go around with my hand stuck out! Someone who uses innocent children to receive help of any kind needs to be punished because people who truly need help from others are almost always pushed away. That's sad because people like myself have no one else to turn to! My family would roll over and die if you ask them for a glass of water! And I don't want to be the laughing discussion at Christmas dinner with the entire family giving all their degrading comments and being made to feel like I'm a worthless mother who needs to have her children taken away! But I love my boys and I don't want them to be disappointed Christmas morning and that's why I started this discussion! I'M NOT A SCAMMING, CHAIN SMOKING DOPE HEAD LOOKING FOR MY NEXT FIX!!! I will tell you what we can do, I will post an e-mail address & we can discuss my situation privately if you or anyone can respect what will be said. If you want to meet my boys & I to have concrete proof that this is not a scam, we can discuss that in private as well. I hope you and anyone else can understand my privacy issues!
TEXAS

United States

#14 Dec 15, 2012
99.9% of the people who post on this forum just love to gossip on here.

They just love it when they can kick someone when they're down.

I don't live in your area but I hope you can get help, you more than likely WILL NOT get it from anyone here on Topix.

So try the places that were listed in the post #3.
bulldog

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Dec 15, 2012
asking around wrote:
I know jobs are scarce around this town and will probably get worse; but I will ask around. "Choking on your pride" GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR LITTLE BOYS! If my family can help or find anyone else who can help, I will comment back for arrangements! Keep your chin up my dear things will get better!
Did you just answer your own post? I think you are a scammer like one I know personally. He "visits" widows' and tells a sad story; of course using the child.
If anyone wants to help,I hope they will take the children shopping themselves.
KNOXVILLE

Morristown, TN

#16 Dec 15, 2012
bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>Did you just answer your own post? I think you are a scammer like one I know personally. He "visits" widows' and tells a sad story; of course using the child.
If anyone wants to help,I hope they will take the children shopping themselves.
Voter aka Doe resident aka grandma aka bulldog with the Jonesborough location is at it again.
sawyou

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Dec 15, 2012
It takes time to get your 401K money and your sick pay and other benits.
Invite this family to spend Christmas Eve with you and play Santa for the little boys. If the mama did find work, she would not be paid for about two weeks.Christmas is upon us.
Lexi

Fleetwood, NC

#18 Dec 15, 2012
IN NEED wrote:
I understand the reason for wanting more information about myself, my boys father, ect. But I DO NOT want to publish my personal business for millions of gossipers who love and thrive on others misery! Plus, I don't want anyone to find out I ask for help because I am ashamed and feel like a bum! I swallowed my pride because I was raised not to go around with my hand stuck out! Someone who uses innocent children to receive help of any kind needs to be punished because people who truly need help from others are almost always pushed away. That's sad because people like myself have no one else to turn to! My family would roll over and die if you ask them for a glass of water! And I don't want to be the laughing discussion at Christmas dinner with the entire family giving all their degrading comments and being made to feel like I'm a worthless mother who needs to have her children taken away! But I love my boys and I don't want them to be disappointed Christmas morning and that's why I started this discussion! I'M NOT A SCAMMING, CHAIN SMOKING DOPE HEAD LOOKING FOR MY NEXT FIX!!! I will tell you what we can do, I will post an e-mail address & we can discuss my situation privately if you or anyone can respect what will be said. If you want to meet my boys & I to have concrete proof that this is not a scam, we can discuss that in private as well. I hope you and anyone else can understand my privacy issues!
I just want to be sure that these two little boys have gifts underneath the tree on Christmas.
JCTpxer

Bluff City, TN

#19 Dec 15, 2012
She is a phony. Anyone with honest intentions would not have come to Topix when they could have gone to a church office to begin with.
Lexi

Fleetwood, NC

#20 Dec 15, 2012
JCTpxer wrote:
She is a phony. Anyone with honest intentions would not have come to Topix when they could have gone to a church office to begin with.
I just wish I could know for sure - I just hate the thought of a child waking up Christmas morning with no gifts to open. I couldn't do a lot, but I'd buy them something. I just can't afford to be scammed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David lunceford 1 hr Loner 1
krista jennings (Mar '14) 5 hr Whoever 9
Tracey Roark 13 hr Something 2
bad meat at new sub shop (Jul '16) Sun LikeEmClean 10
Sid from mcDonalds Sun Rice 7
Does anybody know krista jennings Sun I no 2
A Far, Far Better President (Mar '16) Sun Road Crew 174

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain City Mortgages