First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SUN COM

Angier, NC

#1 Oct 27, 2006
What all new is coming to this exit? What are they building where Damons used to be?
Sassy1

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 27, 2006
Don't know about the old Damon's place but the other construction on Exit 7 on the hill beside I-81 will be a very large shopping center including Target. I'll see if I can find the link to it that includes the businesses that have already signed on.
city resident

Elm City, NC

#4 Oct 28, 2006
I understand that a new Sam's Club is coming in that location.
Miss Priss

Spring Lake, NC

#5 Oct 28, 2006
city resident wrote:
I understand that a new Sam's Club is coming in that location.
The new Sam's Club is going in between WalMart & Lowes .. they've already started construction.
Sassy1

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 28, 2006
I heard from a reliable source that Damons had some kind of staph-like infection in the kitchen that they could not get rid of, that's why the building had to be torn down and not used for something else.
May be some truth in it, the parking lot of Damons was always full and business was always great, but the kitchen wasn't clean and the Health Dept. shut them down.
Maggie

Cookeville, TN

#7 Oct 28, 2006
damons wasn't infected!! they even had an article in the bristol paper about it. they closed that one because they got an offer for their land that they couldn't refuse. they are putting an old navy in. i don't miss damons. never really liked their ribs. logans has the best ribs!!

i also heard that lowes and walmart will close and move to abingdon. i also heard that this was all planned before they put the new lowes and walmart in on the parkway in bristol and that's why they put them there.
Sassy1

Lynchburg, VA

#9 Oct 29, 2006
Maggie wrote:
damons wasn't infected!! they even had an article in the bristol paper about it. they closed that one because they got an offer for their land that they couldn't refuse. they are putting an old navy in. i don't miss damons. never really liked their ribs. logans has the best ribs!!
i also heard that lowes and walmart will close and move to abingdon. i also heard that this was all planned before they put the new lowes and walmart in on the parkway in bristol and that's why they put them there.
I hope you don't believe everything you read in the paper, we all know how perfectly honest the media is.........
believe me when I say that there WAS indeed an infection in Damons, I have worked in the restaurant business for years and personally know the management that managed Damons. They leak such information for fear of lawsuits but it is in fact true.
It's prime land, of course they sold after the Health Dept. shut them down.
cruel but cute

AOL

#10 Oct 29, 2006
I thought Damonds sucked. I made 2 trips in 1 my first & last.
Maggie

Cookeville, TN

#11 Oct 31, 2006
Sassy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't believe everything you read in the paper, we all know how perfectly honest the media is.........
believe me when I say that there WAS indeed an infection in Damons, I have worked in the restaurant business for years and personally know the management that managed Damons. They leak such information for fear of lawsuits but it is in fact true.
It's prime land, of course they sold after the Health Dept. shut them down.
LOL! i don't believe half of what i read!! my cousin worked there from about a year after they opened until about 6 months before they closed. he told me a few months before they announced it that they would be closing. what i don't understand is why don't they open another one. i never liked the food so i don't care if they do or not but the place was always packed.
of course there could have been an infection of some kind and he may not have known. i'm sure everybody don't know everything. i do know he would have said something if he had known. there was a certain waitress that worked there for a few months and he told me if we came in to make sure we didn't get her. he never gave details but he is one of those clean freaks so i just did as he said!!
staceycat

AOL

#12 Nov 8, 2006
Alright...I just came across this page...you people have NOTHING better to talk about. I was employed there from day one...DAMONS WAS INFECTED...HA HA ..WHAT A LAUGH, my mouth flew open and i laughed out loud...UH. NO our kitchen was not dirty...we kept that place looking great from day one, the health inspector came regularly and even ate there. You all need to get a life...(Sassy1)...what retard gave you that information? I think that i would be dead by now since i ate there almost everyday for ELEVEN years, and Uh..no you didnt hear about us closing down..no one knew except the owners/lawyer/buyer. The reason we shut down is because the owner had a prime piece of real estate he sold to another buyer...thats why it is torn down now. Don't believe everything you read people...i don't know either what they are building there, but we'll see soon enough!
staceycat

AOL

#13 Nov 8, 2006
P.S. Maggie...i would have known your "cousin" because i had been there since day one..and..NO-ONE matches your description. Go exhaust your energies eleswhere.
Sassy1

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Nov 9, 2006
People are always so defensive when the truth comes out.
staceycat

AOL

#15 Nov 9, 2006
No..People are defensive when others spread lies! Do you even live in Bristol???
Maggie

Cookeville, TN

#16 Nov 9, 2006
staceycat wrote:
P.S. Maggie...i would have known your "cousin" because i had been there since day one..and..NO-ONE matches your description. Go exhaust your energies eleswhere.
calm down. i just said he mentioned it. exactly what description did i give of him?
and don't you worry about where i exhaust my energy. first of all, it's not really any of your business. second, i do as i please.
Maggie

Cookeville, TN

#17 Nov 9, 2006
Sassy1 wrote:
People are always so defensive when the truth comes out.
you're right sassy!! i don't remember saying they were infected. i never even heard that. i just said there was one nasty waitress (what he considers nasty) there for a short time.
kinda makes you wonder now what kid of mess really was there since somebody there from DAY ONE is getting all hyped up over idle conversation. know what i mean?!!!
Sassy1

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Nov 9, 2006
Maybe she's the nasty infected waitress that stuck her fingers in peoples plates for a nibble while she was carrying them to the table, spreading the nasty infection. Who knows? I just know a reliable insider that confirmed what I told here.
I've been told that the same kind of staph infection is in the old hospital in Bristol, that's why it has never been turned into housing or offices.

And what does it matter where I live? Can only Bristolians know about what goes on there, LOL?
You say I lie, I say I tell the truth...big whoopie!!
staceycat

AOL

#19 Nov 9, 2006
Yeah, I stuck a finger in my butt and delivered it right to your table! Eat Up!:-)
Sassy1

Midlothian, VA

#20 Nov 10, 2006
I never ate at Damons, sorry!
I just knew some people involved and now I'm convinced your the scanky one that worked there. There's one , sometimes two, in every restaurant, you know the ones everyone makes fun of.
Maggie

Cookeville, TN

#21 Nov 10, 2006
Sassy1 wrote:
I never ate at Damons, sorry!
I just knew some people involved and now I'm convinced your the scanky one that worked there. There's one , sometimes two, in every restaurant, you know the ones everyone makes fun of.
well, if that's the type they had working there i'm glad it's gone!!
staceycat

AOL

#22 Nov 12, 2006
I'm convinced your an I D I O T

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake news 6 hr Get Real 59
Sonny Stoutís Mother! 9 hr Older 2
Blown away Hair Salon 9 hr me too 6
Charter Tech.. who is he?? 13 hr Hey 6
Bill Roark, County Commissioner 19 hr ownuptoit 18
Benjemin W. A to Z 22 hr Curious mouse 1
Thoughts on Courtney Horne? Sat Lolol 2

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain City Mortgages