Kelly Horne faces charges for embezzlement

There are 35 comments on the Tomahawk Online story from Apr 4, 2012, titled Kelly Horne faces charges for embezzlement. In it, Tomahawk Online reports that:

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested Kelly Horne, a former Johnson County employee, for her alleged role in a case involving stolen monies from the Johnson County Solid Waste Transfer on Wednesday, March 29, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tomahawk Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
doe resident

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Apr 4, 2012
I think they should hold her and Gary's property until they money has been paid back to the county.I personally do not want to replace the funds by paying more for my tags or an increase in taxes.
Jan

Crumpler, NC

#2 Apr 4, 2012
doe resident wrote:
I think they should hold her and Gary's property until they money has been paid back to the county.I personally do not want to replace the funds by paying more for my tags or an increase in taxes.
I agree. I don't live in Johnson County, but do own property there. Not only should she have to pay it back, but also with interest. Did Gary not know what she was doing?
bully

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Apr 8, 2012
And to think that she once had wings!!!!hahaha
crazy

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 8, 2012
Jan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I don't live in Johnson County, but do own property there. Not only should she have to pay it back, but also with interest. Did Gary not know what she was doing?
how does a woman comes up with that kind of money and Gary don't know it? I don't believe for one minute he didn't know it.
Jan

Crumpler, NC

#5 Apr 8, 2012
crazy wrote:
<quoted text> how does a woman comes up with that kind of money and Gary don't know it? I don't believe for one minute he didn't know it.
I agree with you. If I ended up with an extra $40,000 to spend, my husband would certainly notice! Seems like Gary would have to have been incredibly stupid or extremely naive not to have known about it and I doubt that he's that stupid or naive.
iktt

Stantonsburg, NC

#6 Apr 8, 2012
Did you ever think she is the scapegoat, Set up be real this is Johnson county.
crazy

Johnson City, TN

#7 Apr 8, 2012
Wasn't the money going throw her hands. Do you think she will get jail time for this?
Stay Honest

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Apr 10, 2012
When handling other folk's money, you'd best keep it HONEST! People just think, "oh I won't get caught", joke of the centuries!
crazy

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 21, 2012
When does she goes back to court.
lexi

Easley, SC

#10 Aug 22, 2012
People care to much about everyone else.Gossip is a sin in God's eyes move on and find something good to talk about not people
Jan

Crumpler, NC

#11 Aug 22, 2012
lexi wrote:
People care to much about everyone else.Gossip is a sin in God's eyes move on and find something good to talk about not people
This isn't gossip - this pertains to reality and the fact that money was stolen from the taxpayers.
Befuddled

Shady Valley, TN

#12 Aug 27, 2012
What happened to this? I am all for prosecuting corrupt county government officials. If she is guilty I hope they take her house as payment.
slap

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Aug 29, 2012
Befuddled wrote:
What happened to this? I am all for prosecuting corrupt county government officials. If she is guilty I hope they take her house as payment.
I bet Gary will get the back-hoe job for the county so he can pay back the money she stole.She will be on probation and her charges be dismissed.
concerned citizen

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 29, 2012
As a proud American citizen of Johnson County, I feel that we the citizens of JC should pay these county workers more and by doing so they would not have to take money that should rightfully be thiers to start with. County workers keep this county going, so we the citizens should stand behind them. Our sherriff is always at the bank protecting our money from being stolen. How long has it been since a bank robbery? We should make sure these people have nice homes to live in, paved driveways, raises twice a year and money in their pockets to spend. We could do fundraisers, donations to make sure our county workers are taken care of.
Duhhhhh

Sarasota, FL

#15 Aug 29, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
As a proud American citizen of Johnson County, I feel that we the citizens of JC should pay these county workers more and by doing so they would not have to take money that should rightfully be thiers to start with. County workers keep this county going, so we the citizens should stand behind them. Our sherriff is always at the bank protecting our money from being stolen. How long has it been since a bank robbery? We should make sure these people have nice homes to live in, paved driveways, raises twice a year and money in their pockets to spend. We could do fundraisers, donations to make sure our county workers are taken care of.
what a line of BS
do what

Johnson City, TN

#16 Aug 29, 2012
Duhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
what a line of BS
Do you support our little county? Bet you buy tags in Carter County
george

Johnson City, TN

#17 Dec 10, 2012
What happen with this case
up the creek

Banner Elk, NC

#18 Dec 12, 2012
The county has insurance, and the money was refunded by them. The insurance icompany will go after Kelly for reimbursement. .
Old Guy

Shady Valley, TN

#19 Dec 13, 2012
As they should.
Lexi

Crumpler, NC

#20 Dec 13, 2012
Old Guy wrote:
As they should.
Yes, they should and she should definitely have to repay the money with interest. No, I don't live in Johnson County, but own land there,and I work too hard for my money to have my taxes go up in order to cover money stolen by employees in the courthouse. Can't a lien be placed on her property until the insurance company is paid back?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the tomahawk 2 hr Here you go 39
crystal potter (Oct '09) 2 hr just me 30
Is Amanda Potter pregnant ? (Dec '09) 2 hr just me 18
Jennelle potter acting as Billie Hayworth and B... (Oct '12) 2 hr just me 28
do u think that potter girl janelles vag is big... (Feb '12) 2 hr just me 5
Potter and Curd should rot in HELL (Feb '12) 2 hr just me 14
april piper 4 hr Bush Hog 5
More from around the web

Mountain City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]