Increased Automatic Weapon Sales

Posted in the Mountain City Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
nene

Columbia, SC

#1 Jan 17, 2013
I am worried about the rush to buy these weapons. The fear being a number of the sales not following proper background checks. This is happening now but with this fervor of get them before they are banned. How safe does this make others in our small community feel?

“The cowards lied”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 17, 2013
What makes you think that all of the sudden guns are going to be sold to people that can't legally own them?
Do you honestly not know that people ALREADY own guns that can't legally own them?
Do you really think that ex felons don't already have guns?
If someone wants a gun they can find a way to get one or more even if Congress passed a law that noone but Law Enforcement and Military could owm them.
That's when the "fervor" to stock pile weapons would begin.
But that law hasn't been passed.

“Most people are "C" students”

Since: Sep 07

Right here

#3 Jan 17, 2013
nene wrote:
I am worried about the rush to buy these weapons. The fear being a number of the sales not following proper background checks. This is happening now but with this fervor of get them before they are banned. How safe does this make others in our small community feel?
There is no "rush" to buy automatic weapons. They require special licensing, special background checks, special taxes and are horrendously expensive.

SEMI-automatic firearms -- which function the same as millions and millions of firearms already owned by millions and millions of people -- are out of stock in many stores. As you seem to recognize, this "shortage" has resulted from people buying guns that the assholes -- I'm sorry, "the duly elected representatives of 'the people'" -- in D.C. and other capitals are threatening and trying to ban.

This "rush" makes me feel a little bit safer, but not in relation to "our small community". The morons around here make me feel a lot more unsafe than I feel because of a national "rush" to buy firearms. However, this "rush" makes me feel a little safer because it's demonstrating to the D.C.(and other like) assholes that there are a whole big bunch of Good Amurcans who don't want those assholes messing with our gun rights.

As for "proper background checks", if someone is in some sense "unfit" to purchase or own a firearm, why is he not incarcerated or institutionalized? If he's a danger to others, he's a danger to others, whether or not he has a gun. Putting his name in a computer doesn't make him any safer. If he's fit enough to be free, he's fit enough to have a gun.
nene

Columbia, SC

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Great comments try to remember the innocents lost by these weapons. The reason for increased security in our ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS. If you do not think there is a rush to buy watch the national news. It is legal ownership that worries me as well
Why do you need any assault weaponry?

“The cowards lied”

Location hidden

#5 Jan 17, 2013
nene wrote:
Great comments try to remember the innocents lost by these weapons. The reason for increased security in our ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS. If you do not think there is a rush to buy watch the national news. It is legal ownership that worries me as well
Why does "legal" ownership worry you??????????
A background check is done on people that can "legal" owns weapons.
Do you know what that background check consists of??????????
It shows if a person has been in a mental institution and prison and why they wefe in prison.
The people that murder with guns probably most of the time can't legally own a gun, they buy them "off the street" or steal them.
These are the people that shouldn't have a gun.
If someone can pass a back ground check why would it worry you that they have a gun?
Some of you people think some of the most absurd things.
The shooting in Connecticut was done with guns that didn't belong to the man that committed the murders.
His mother owned the guns, his mother didn't murder anyone.
So like I said, the people that can't pass a back ground check are the ones that shouldn't have guns.
No need to worry about people that can pass a back ground check.
nene

Clemmons, NC

#6 Jan 17, 2013
You answered my fear of owning assault weapons by someone legally. The shooting in Connecticut.
The legal owner lost her life, along with the lost lives of all those beautiful innocent children and educators. People like me? There are millions that ask why do "we the people" need automatically discharged weaponry?

“The cowards lied”

Location hidden

#7 Jan 17, 2013
"We the people" having to surrender our guns to the government because of some of "we the people" murder with guns is like outlawing vehicles and alcohol because some of "we the people" have killed innocent people because of drinking and driving.

The non criminals shouldn't have out rights stripped from us because of the actions of criminals.
nene

Clemmons, NC

#8 Jan 17, 2013
AMERICANBYTHEGRACEOFGOD wrote:
"We the people" having to surrender our guns to the government because of some of "we the people" murder with guns is like outlawing vehicles and alcohol because some of "we the people" have killed innocent people because of drinking and driving.
The non criminals shouldn't have out rights stripped from us because of the actions of criminals.
Why automatically discharged weapons? Why should we have them in our homes?

“Most people are "C" students”

Since: Sep 07

Right here

#9 Jan 17, 2013
nene wrote:
Great comments try to remember the innocents lost by these weapons.... If you do not think there is a rush to buy watch the national news.... Why do you need any assault weaponry?
nene wrote:
You answered my fear of owning assault weapons by someone legally.... People like me? There are millions that ask why do "we the people" need automatically discharged weaponry?
"People like me"? Your comments in this thread are showing you to be among those ignorant or, worse, willfully ignorant people who refuse to acknowledge the falsity of popular (media-and-politician-fed) labels like "automatic" and "assault" when you're talking about firearms.

ANYTHING used to assault someone is an assault weapon: slingshot, semi-automatic rifle or handgun, knife, bat, automobile, frying pan, lamp, lead pipe, rope, candlestick,...

With the possible exception of some sophisticated military gear like radar-directed and computer-operated rockets, THERE IS NO SUCH THING as "automatically discharged weaponry". All firearms require someone -- usually human -- to pull a trigger if they are going to be fired.

If the firearm is an automatic, then one pull of the trigger will allow it to keep firing until the trigger is released or the ammo-feeding device empties. All the other firearms, including Lanza's in Connecticut, fire ONE projectile for each trigger pull. That goes for semi-automatic handguns, semi-automatic rifles, bolt action rifles, revolvers, shotguns, derringers, yada yada yada.

"Assault rifle" is a technical term that does not apply to any of the situations being discussed. It is a firearm capable of AUTOMATIC fire.

"Assault weapon" is a made-up term with no real meaning. It was invented by gun-hating, gun-fearing lobbyists and politicians to alarm and mislead ninnies like you.

I have a .22 rifle with a beautiful wood stock. I also have a .223 rifle with a composite stock; the whole gun is black. They both operate identically: SEMI-automatically, meaning if I pull the trigger, they fire once. Only if I pull the trigger again do they fire again.

If I were "assaulting" a building or enemy formation, I wouldn't use either of these guns. I'd insist on having an automatic, a genuine assault rifle.

As for that tendentious, thoughtless, naive question "Why do you need any assault weaponry?", here's the simplest rejoinder. Are you suggesting that some level of GOVERNMENT should decide what "we" need and prohibit us from having anything besides what they think we "need"? How many pairs of shoes do you "need"? How many children do you "need"? How big a car do you "need"? How big a house? Why do you "need" dessert? Why do you "need" to visit other locales for vacation? Why do you "need" more than $40,000 of annual income? This list gets real long real fast.

Okay, now you've had all this explained to you YET AGAIN. If you still refuse to acknowledge it, enjoy your place among the willfully ignorant.
rucrazy

Abingdon, VA

#10 Jan 17, 2013
nene wrote:
If legal ownership worries you then you are so crazy you couldn't pass a mental evaluation. This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

“The cowards lied”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 17, 2013
nene wrote:
<quoted text>
Why automatically discharged weapons? Why should we have them in our homes?
When you say "automatically discharged weapons" are you picturing in you mind a machine gun that soldiers in the military carry?

What is refered to as a "pistol" can be "automatic".
Meaning that you pull the trigger and the bullets keep coming out until you release the trigger or the clip is empty.

Ruger makes automatic pistols, these pistols are close to $1,000.00 if bought brand new.

As to "why do we need them in our home?".
Here's one scenerio, a pack of men force their way into a house with full intentions of raping and killing.
A pistol like that would come in handy.
nene

Clemmons, NC

#12 Jan 17, 2013
I know him well wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"People like me"? Your comments in this thread are showing you to be among those ignorant or, worse, willfully ignorant people who refuse to acknowledge the falsity of popular (media-and-politician-fed) labels like "automatic" and "assault" when you're talking about firearms.
ANYTHING used to assault someone is an assault weapon: slingshot, semi-automatic rifle or handgun, knife, bat, automobile, frying pan, lamp, lead pipe, rope, candlestick,...
With the possible exception of some sophisticated military gear like radar-directed and computer-operated rockets, THERE IS NO SUCH THING as "automatically discharged weaponry". All firearms require someone -- usually human -- to pull a trigger if they are going to be fired.
If the firearm is an automatic, then one pull of the trigger will allow it to keep firing until the trigger is released or the ammo-feeding device empties. All the other firearms, including Lanza's in Connecticut, fire ONE projectile for each trigger pull. That goes for semi-automatic handguns, semi-automatic rifles, bolt action rifles, revolvers, shotguns, derringers, yada yada yada.
"Assault rifle" is a technical term that does not apply to any of the situations being discussed. It is a firearm capable of AUTOMATIC fire.
"Assault weapon" is a made-up term with no real meaning. It was invented by gun-hating, gun-fearing lobbyists and politicians to alarm and mislead ninnies like you.
I have a .22 rifle with a beautiful wood stock. I also have a .223 rifle with a composite stock; the whole gun is black. They both operate identically: SEMI-automatically, meaning if I pull the trigger, they fire once. Only if I pull the trigger again do they fire again.
If I were "assaulting" a building or enemy formation, I wouldn't use either of these guns. I'd insist on having an automatic, a genuine assault rifle.
As for that tendentious, thoughtless, naive question "Why do you need any assault weaponry?", here's the simplest rejoinder. Are you suggesting that some level of GOVERNMENT should decide what "we" need and prohibit us from having anything besides what they think we "need"? How many pairs of shoes do you "need"? How many children do you "need"? How big a car do you "need"? How big a house? Why do you "need" dessert? Why do you "need" to visit other locales for vacation? Why do you "need" more than $40,000 of annual income? This list gets real long re!al fast.
Okay, now you've had all this explained to you YET AGAIN. If you still refuse to acknowledge it, enjoy your place among the willfully ignorant.
Thank you for your self serving diatribe. How long did it take you to prepare? The immature language spat furthers my thinking of ignorance. To think people can attack and name call to get a point across. The information would have been sufficient. This ignorant ninnie was that it? Feels
the same. If you hold a trigger down and the
Magazine continues to spew bullets - its automatic carnage to people killed. Freedom of speech for all of us. I try not to insult others in a public forum and I do not have an automatic, semi- automatic or single shot firearm in my home. I live by the grace of my God. Thou shall not kill.

“The cowards lied”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 17, 2013
nene wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your self serving diatribe. How long did it take you to prepare? The immature language spat furthers my thinking of ignorance. To think people can attack and name call to get a point across. The information would have been sufficient. This ignorant ninnie was that it? Feels
the same. If you hold a trigger down and the
Magazine continues to spew bullets - its automatic carnage to people killed. Freedom of speech for all of us. I try not to insult others in a public forum and I do not have an automatic, semi- automatic or single shot firearm in my home. I live by the grace of my God. Thou shall not kill.
So you think that God expects women to not fight back and kill the attacker if you have to to keep from being raped and killed.

Do you have a child/children? What if someone broke into your home and tried to harm or kill your child.
Would you stand there and say if it's God will we will survive this??
Thou shalt not kill doesn't mean that you can't defend yourself.
God gave those laws to the ancient Hebrew, but God also sent them to war against their neighbors.
Murder is wrongfully taking the life of another, self defense is another thing.
When soldiers kill in battle do you think it's a sin?
Sometimes killing is necessary, self defense, defense of another person/people such as your family, police killing a criminal to save the life of the innocent and soldiers during war. That is not wrong.
nene

Clemmons, NC

#14 Jan 17, 2013
No that is not what I am saying. Yes children are in my home. This is why I do not want firearms in my home. What did Bobby Brown sing "It's My Prerogative". I am against firearms with large quantities of ammunition which can be dispersed in seconds in the hands of civilians. Thank you for your interest.

“The cowards lied”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 17, 2013
Yes it is your choice to not have a gun in your home.
But your comment about living by the grace of God and thou shall not kill is what my last post was about.

If you don't want guns in your home that's fine, but don't be an advocate off taking guns away from people that can legally own them.

I believe that a responsible person should have a stock pile of guns, as many as they can afford.
The more guns and ammo you have the safer you are.
WachingWithAChuc kle

Leesburg, VA

#16 Jan 17, 2013
The constitution of the United States is a contract between the people and our Federal Government. The 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bears arms. It does not guarantee te right to shoot squirrels, rabbits or deer. I believe the Amendment covers much more than firearms designed for hunting. The right to keep and bear arms was put into the Constitution to be sure the people could defend themselves from a tyranical government or others like criminals, who would do them and their families harm and to protect property rights. It simply says "keep and bear arms". That could include machine guns (I would never personally want one) swords, brass knuckles, cannons or whatever. If our Federal Government decides to violate its contract (the Constitution) with the people then all bets are off. I for one have no problem with background checks or even 10 shot clips. However those who want them and are not outside the law should be able to have them. I have traveled and worked all over the world. I can tell you in countries where order has broken down everyone wants guns. They call the ones who don't have them "victims" and "refugees". The first thing a tyrant does is disarm the people while increasing arms for his own allies. Example: guns are illegal in Italy but after dark the police patrol some neighborhoods in armored cars. Motorcycle police on he express roads carry fully automatic 9mm sub machine guns strapped to their chest with elastic. If banning guns works, why do they needto do that?

Some of the people who have posted on this thread are incredibly ignorant.
WachingWithAChuc kle

Leesburg, VA

#17 Jan 17, 2013
nene wrote:
I am against firearms with large quantities of ammunition which can be dispersed in seconds in the hands of civilians.
Well if it can be "dispersed in seconds" the battle will be over in snap! Who do you think should have such weapons which can be "dispersed in seconds". Your ignorance of the topic astounds me. It worries me to think that people with views like that breed and vote. I'll bet you depend on the government for a living too, right?

BTW its firearms sales, not weapons sales. People rarely if ever use them for weapons. In a lare part thats because bad guys know they are armed so they don't bother them.
WachingWithAChuc kle

Leesburg, VA

#18 Jan 17, 2013
AMERICANBYTHEGRACEOFGOD wrote:
<quoted text> When you say "automatically discharged weapons" are you picturing in you mind a machine gun that soldiers in the military carry?
What is refered to as a "pistol" can be "automatic".
Meaning that you pull the trigger and the bullets keep coming out until you release the trigger or the clip is empty.
Ruger makes automatic pistols, these pistols are close to $1,000.00 if bought brand new.
As to "why do we need them in our home?".
Here's one scenerio, a pack of men force their way into a house with full intentions of raping and killing.
A pistol like that would come in handy.
By law a pistol is defined as a firearm with a barrel shorter tha 16 inches.
nene

United States

#19 Jan 17, 2013
WachingWithAChuckle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if it can be "dispersed in seconds" the battle will be over in snap! Who do you think should have such weapons which can be "dispersed in seconds". Your ignorance of the topic astounds me. It worries me to think that people with views like that breed and vote. I'll bet you depend on the government for a living too, right?
BTW its firearms sales, not weapons sales. People rarely if ever use them for weapons. In a lare part thats because bad guys know they are armed so they don't bother them.
I am happy to live in the United States where I have the fteedom to have my own opinions. The majority of you that have stated your opposition have done so with disparities toward me. To think you have guns oh my gosh. Bullies are alive and well. We try to stop bullying in the school systems.
If it is taught at home oh well. If people differ from you attack. Procreation please YOU worry about ME! But thank you for your concern once again about MY ignorance.

“The cowards lied”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 18, 2013
nene wrote:
<quoted text>
I am happy to live in the United States where I have the fteedom to have my own opinions. The majority of you that have stated your opposition have done so with disparities toward me. To think you have guns oh my gosh. Bullies are alive and well. We try to stop bullying in the school systems.
If it is taught at home oh well. If people differ from you attack. Procreation please YOU worry about ME! But thank you for your concern once again about MY ignorance.
I tried to be nice. I didn't call you an idiot.
You said "freedom to have my own opinion" . I also have that right and I expressed that right by giving my opinion.
You said "if people differ from you attack". I didn't attack you, I gave my opinion.

I might be taking your posts wrong but it seems that you are doing some attacking yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reality Check - Blacks (Aug '06) 10 min peoplearepeople 27
Position on immigration bill now in Congress? (May '07) 25 min Doe Valley 6
Negroes are closer to Apes than Humans. (Aug '16) 46 min Hampton 30
Did that guy get found guilty for child porn? 12 hr Nightmare247 4
Electoral college must go 14 hr JoeCo 38
Shady Valley Old Country Store. 14 hr JoeCo 5
Auctions 17 hr Earl 1

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance