Mountain youth acadamy "cherokee park...

Mountain youth acadamy "cherokee park youth center"

Posted in the Mountain City Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
cantbelieve

Flomaton, AL

#1 Dec 17, 2006
I worked there for 4 years cant believe this place is still open.
MTC

Wade, NC

#4 Dec 18, 2006
If the place served "the children", and was a good place to be, then the kids would not have rioted!!
They said they were mean to them and it was a terrible place, didn't learn anything good...
Changing the name of the place and putting a fence around it did nothing to improve the conditions that those children live in!
dont believe

Denton, NC

#7 Dec 19, 2006
cantbelieve wrote:
I worked there for 4 years cant believe this place is still open.
Dont believe everything you read on this website MYA isnt bad or they would have closed it down log ago. Alot of staff care for the kids well being but it takes awhile to fix what or heal, what ever it is they have been dealing with their whole lives.
Speak for the children

United States

#8 Dec 23, 2006
dont believe wrote:
<quoted text>Dont believe everything you read on this website MYA isnt bad or they would have closed it down log ago. Alot of staff care for the kids well being but it takes awhile to fix what or heal, what ever it is they have been dealing with their whole lives.
I am a former employee. Those children are exactly that, CHILDREN!!! They need someone to talk to and to understand. They do have emotional problems, and if you had been in some of thier situations you would have emotional problems too. I am not employed there anymore, not because of the children, but because of emotional conflicks. You go home and worry because you cant help them more. You truly take your job home with you.
former employee

Denton, NC

#9 Dec 24, 2006
the place sucks it serves no purpose to the kids schoolthere is a joke,it just makes money for big wigs no good to kids or ycws
Saltz3

Orlando, FL

#12 Jan 4, 2007
I pulled my daughter due to the fact she was beaten up 6 or 7 times in just the 2 months she was there - nothing was done. There is just 2 staff members to 3 dorms. Night before last the police dept. was called and 6 deputies showed up. School there is a joke!!!! Coloring pages for a 7th grader is crazy!!!!!No education!@! My childs clothes were stolen by another girl and taken home, her radio was lost by staff (never made it to my daughter), she was thrown to the ground by a staff member and brused from head, cheek, shoulder, back and arms. Nothing was done. Come to find out my daughter was trying to alert this staff member to another problem. All they did was give it a face lift and still providing the same abuse and neglect.
MTC

Wade, NC

#13 Jan 4, 2007
Saltz3 wrote:
I pulled my daughter due to the fact she was beaten up 6 or 7 times in just the 2 months she was there - nothing was done. There is just 2 staff members to 3 dorms. Night before last the police dept. was called and 6 deputies showed up. School there is a joke!!!! Coloring pages for a 7th grader is crazy!!!!!No education!@! My childs clothes were stolen by another girl and taken home, her radio was lost by staff (never made it to my daughter), she was thrown to the ground by a staff member and brused from head, cheek, shoulder, back and arms. Nothing was done. Come to find out my daughter was trying to alert this staff member to another problem. All they did was give it a face lift and still providing the same abuse and neglect.
You should file a complaint with the Tenn Dept Mental Health that now oversees that facility. If they receive enough complaints they will pull the license for the school.
dug

Flomaton, AL

#14 Jan 4, 2007
Saltz3 wrote:
I pulled my daughter due to the fact she was beaten up 6 or 7 times in just the 2 months she was there - nothing was done. There is just 2 staff members to 3 dorms. Night before last the police dept. was called and 6 deputies showed up. School there is a joke!!!! Coloring pages for a 7th grader is crazy!!!!!No education!@! My childs clothes were stolen by another girl and taken home, her radio was lost by staff (never made it to my daughter), ground by a staff member and brused from head, cheek, shoulder, back and arms. Nothing was done. Come to find out my daughter was trying to alert this staff member to another problem. All they did was give it a face lift and still providing the same abuse and neglect.
It was a good thing you pulled your child that place does more harm than good. I know your child S.Saltz she needs a safe place all them kids do after all they are just kids but most of them have nobody that care about the fact they are in danger.
austin blair

Kinston, NC

#15 Jan 14, 2007
tim stout works there he is my mma trainer!my aunt and uncle also work there
saltz3

Orlando, FL

#16 Jan 15, 2007
dug wrote:
<quoted text>It was a good thing you pulled your child that place does more harm than good. I know your child S.Saltz she needs a safe place all them kids do after all they are just kids but most of them have nobody that care about the fact they are in danger.
Do you still work there? I wish that we could talk. You wouldn't have to give me your name or anything. I just have questions. I am in the process of getting something done about this place. I worry about the kids still there. Someone has to finally take a stand and let places like this know that society will not tolerate this type of mis-treatment of our children! They need to be held accountable for their actions.
saltz3

Orlando, FL

#17 Jan 24, 2007
We are still having problems getting my daughters stuff that staff took away. Not to mention her medical records. Anyone got suggestions?
truth

Denton, NC

#18 Jan 26, 2007
how bout taking better care of your daughter and she wouldnt have been placed there in the first place,you are the problen not that place..
saltz3

Orlando, FL

#19 Jan 29, 2007
truth wrote:
how bout taking better care of your daughter and she wouldnt have been placed there in the first place,you are the problen not that place..
I did take good care of my daughter. To set the record straight...she was placed there by me not the court system. My daughter has never been in trouble with the law or with her school. We were having issues with behavior at home and I thought she might benefit from having more intense therapy. I hope this settles any misunderstands you might have had.
saltz3

Orlando, FL

#20 Feb 5, 2007
If anyone knows how I can get ahold of a man called Mr. Rick (use to work there), please e-mail me: [email protected] (place MYA in subjest area). Also if anyone knows what Mr. Anderson's first name is or has any information concerning this place that a lawyer should know about, please e-mail me as well. Your name need not be mentioned and your address will be blacked out with a black marker. Do not wish to involve anyone who does not want to be involved - just need information to go on.
Thank you all in advance for helping us help those other poor children stay safe.
May God bless all those who have already stepped forward with information.
Feeling

Gate City, VA

#21 Feb 5, 2007
Mr Anderson, do you mean big Dan? He's a good dude!
saltz3

Orlando, FL

#22 Feb 5, 2007
Feeling wrote:
Mr Anderson, do you mean big Dan? He's a good dude!
Thank you for helping me with that question. God Bless!
Feeling

Flomaton, AL

#23 Feb 5, 2007
I am curious as to why you ask about Mr. Anderson. Did he do something that wasn't to your liking?
saltz3

Orlando, FL

#24 Feb 5, 2007
Do you know him? It's nothing that I wish to talk about online. But thank you for asking.
Feeling

United States

#25 Feb 5, 2007
Yes, he is a great guy with a big heart. I would hate to think that someone has ill will toward him.
life happens

United States

#26 Feb 8, 2007
truth wrote:
That is a unfair statement alot of adults and teens both have problems that noboby is to blame for.Life is hard and the world can be a cruel place it must have been very hard to place your child in MYA and even harder to find out they didnt have her best interest at heart just love of money. Dont judge unless you know what your talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary ok? 4 min MtN lAdY 1
Kayla Jennings 4 hr Sad friend 11
The Pedifiles of Mtn City (Jan '16) 5 hr ThatGirl 12
Child hit by car at Roan Creek elementary school 6 hr Kiddo Mom 19
What Do You All Think About Dustin Lewis AKA Ro... (Sep '09) 7 hr Ladeda 20
Travis courtner 10 hr Claudehnc 1
trash on Illinois Street 12 hr mad man 1

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance