HOMICIDE in Johnson County

Posted in the Mountain City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ckt

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Apr 23, 2010
What happened, who's dead, who's hurt, and who is in custody.
Woogie

Johnson City, TN

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Did this happen last night across from the bar on 421?
red

Boone, NC

#3 Apr 23, 2010
it happened around midnight at the town of country beer store.One woman dead,another hurt.2 people in custody
just wondering

United States

#4 Apr 23, 2010
does anyone have any idea who they were?
facts

Johnson City, TN

#5 Apr 23, 2010
red wrote:
it happened around midnight at the town of country beer store.One woman dead,another hurt.2 people in custody
No it did not happen at the bar the house across from the bar. Murder attempted suicide one passed away one in critical condition .
idea

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Apr 23, 2010
it happened across from the bar..a 57 year old woman from shady ..moffitt or something like that shot in the head...
red

Boone, NC

#7 Apr 23, 2010
well whomever it was my heart goes out to the family.
Woogie

Johnson City, TN

#8 Apr 23, 2010
The house number that they gave on the scanner was 943 which is a Minks residence. If it was a murder, attempted suicide, why would they have 2 in custody? I know they said on the scanner they had the crime scene secured. They said the female was full cardiac arrest and the male had lacerations to the neck. They called for 2 helicopters then canceled one when they seen the female was dead.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#9 Apr 23, 2010
Officer Moffitt was a female c/o at the prison.
Woogie

Johnson City, TN

#10 Apr 23, 2010
WCYB-TV news said they had a crew in Mountain City and would have more info today at 5 & 6.
Intrigued

Johnson City, TN

#11 Apr 23, 2010
WhisperingMoon wrote:
So very sorry about this tragic news. I'm going to get blasted over this comment...not the appropriate page to tell you this, but I love your name. Please go to another page and give some info on that beautiful name. Are you an American Indian?
palidan

United States

#12 Apr 23, 2010
What happened to Shelter Rock- no more tuesday nights only the day of blessings and Sunday morning services- does any one know
Jim Gilley WMCT

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Apr 23, 2010
WMCT News has learned that on Thursday, 4/22/10 at about 11:50PM, officers of the Johnson County Sheriffs Department responded to a call to 943 highway 421 north in reference to a report of a subject down. When officers arrived they found 57 year old Sandra Lee Moffett of 1781 Sluder Rd, Shady Valley suffering from a gunshot wound. She was transported to the Johnson County Community Hospital where she was pronounced dead. A male, identified as 41 year old Michael Allen of 131 Pardue Lane, Mountain City also was found at the scene. He was airlifted to an area hospital where he is listed in stable condition. No charges have been filed at this time and the investigation is continuing. As more details become available, WMCT will have additional information on the investigation.
midnight rider

Johnson City, TN

#14 Apr 23, 2010
here we go again roomerville usa' get your facts straight it did not happen at the 421beer joint i know it's hard to get the truth
right in johson co.since we just have a once a week newspaper but if we don't know the true story than keep your mout shut
need to know

United States

#15 Apr 23, 2010
is it the michael allen that has a brother roger all sisters anita and wilma ,
Mezs

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Apr 24, 2010
Very close to my home,probley 2 people out drinking,then haveing a fight.I heard befor bed that both people were dead.I am suprised it not on the front page of TOPIX.
town person

United States

#17 Apr 24, 2010
this is so sad
Sandy Dee

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Apr 24, 2010
This is an example of carrying guns, without those weapons both of these people may be alive and well today although maybe a bit hung-over.

In the old West folk were required to check in their guns before partying. Good idea or what?

My condolences to the family of Sandra Moffett
friend of Sandra

Johnson City, TN

#19 Apr 24, 2010
Just heard that Mike Allen can't remember anything. How convenient!
friend of Sandra

Johnson City, TN

#20 Apr 24, 2010
WhisperingMoon wrote:
a very good officer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal E. Potter (Jul '11) 4 hr mom 46
Jail Admin 4 hr curious 1
Tired of ALL the Mexicans!!! 7 hr breaking news 262
Tommyhawk writer Hillard 7 hr Johnson Co Joe 39
The Bloody Third (Jan '08) 8 hr Potter thru and thru 68
junk yard 12 hr OneGurl 1
tommy berwer 12 hr paladin 3
Mountain City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web