Old Guy

West Jefferson, NC

#42 Apr 10, 2013
You are right. I am not alleging fraud. I am simply saying being legit does not make it a good investment. Just the way the "interests" are sold is suspicious. I'll bet salesmen get a huge commission. What if this company declares bankruptcy and eliminates this obligation, promise or whatever it is? Its called "angel Investment" in some circles which I believe means no promises are made. Like Manna from heaven. It could easily be canceled in a bankruptcy court and the company could continue operating. It is obviously a method of raising capital. I would be interested in how much the principals pull out every year as compensation. Don't be a sucker. Ask the hard questions BEFORE you invest.

All I have to say on the subject.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#43 Apr 10, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
You are right. I am not alleging fraud. I am simply saying being legit does not make it a good investment. Just the way the "interests" are sold is suspicious. I'll bet salesmen get a huge commission. What if this company declares bankruptcy and eliminates this obligation, promise or whatever it is? Its called "angel Investment" in some circles which I believe means no promises are made. Like Manna from heaven. It could easily be canceled in a bankruptcy court and the company could continue operating. It is obviously a method of raising capital. I would be interested in how much the principals pull out every year as compensation. Don't be a sucker. Ask the hard questions BEFORE you invest.
All I have to say on the subject.
I dont think they would have to go to bankruptcy court to just close the whole thing down and walk away. What is there for a bankruptcy court to rule on?

If they have no corporate assets, no creditors (organized lending companies), and no contracts with anyone? What would a bankruptcy court be needed for?

The investors dont have any security rights to anything, not even a roll of toilet paper in the restroom (if there even is a rented office or suite somewhere).

I think all they would need to do is to turn off the lights, lock the door, and leave. No explanation required.

But if anyone did ask, they could just issue a statement and say..."We tried, but it cant be done. We thought it could be done, but we know better now" "Sorry".

And that would be that.

I take note of how the investors are kept on the line with a campaign of rumors, hushed mumblings in corners, and winks and smiles about how they are all about to get rich.

Thats been going on for years. Here is a link from 2006 that mentions how that had been going on for years, even then...

http://mooreslore.corante.com/archives/2006/0...

Euclid Investors. Hmm. Looks mighty suspicious to me. But who knows? Maybe in 10 years more, the investors will still be waiting, and still be quite convinced that they are about to get rich just any day now?
Fact Checker

Monroe, VA

#44 Apr 10, 2013
1.) the company doe not have salesmen 2.) the company therefore does not pay commissions 3.) again I reiterate the funding opportunity is closed 4.) I have personally been to their office several times for demonstrations 5.) they are a virtual engineering company with online engineers as far as Peru 6.) yes in any startup there is high risk that comes with high reward, that is the capitalistic innovation that drives this country
Hillbillyboy

United States

#45 Apr 10, 2013
Can you tell us where the office building is, or show a photo of it? Got an address?

Is it big? Is it well apportioned?

When you say its an online project, does that mean the research is being farmed out to people on the internet? A "work from home" arrangement?

Just trying to understand.

Thanks.
Wrong

United States

#47 Apr 10, 2013
Fact Checker wrote:
1.) the company doe not have salesmen 2.) the company therefore does not pay commissions 3.) again I reiterate the funding opportunity is closed 4.) I have personally been to their office several times for demonstrations 5.) they are a virtual engineering company with online engineers as far as Peru 6.) yes in any startup there is high risk that comes with high reward, that is the capitalistic innovation that drives this country
Are you saying that the people posting here are liars when they state that they were visited by sales people. Only way that could be correct is if you call your salesmen something else. By any other name a rose will smell the same.

Would you be willing to describe with some specificity the demo you saw?

If they are a virtual company, do they actually pay their "engineers" or do they work for shares?

Would they be willing to give a demo to a government group of real scientist and real engineers ? How do I set it up?
Hillbillyboy

United States

#48 Apr 10, 2013
Was I wrong in reading the link in the post a couple of posts above, in that all of the suites in that building were now open, or is ED still leasing its suite in that building?

Is that even where they are?

Somebody help me understand this?

Im still waiting for an answer about something as simple and basic as..."what is the address of EDs place of business"?

I cant see how that could be considered "proprietary information", and kept some kind of secret. Most businesses spend a great deal of $$$ in advertising, and that is always part of it.

Now, some of the Tennessee moonshiner boys that might have a still up in the holler somewhere, now they might consider the location of their place of business a "proprietary secret", I suppose?

But why is ED so secretive? If they are just leasing one dinky little suite, in a small office building that has several other dinky little suites in it, whats wrong with that?

Lots of people do that. Flower shops, a dentist office, a collection agency, a small pawn shop or barber shop, etc.

And hey, its not time to get out the tar and feathers just yet. Lets just remind ourselves that this might (?) be a legitimate outfit that is really trying to do something real and legit?

They might just have a really bad idea, like a company that is making an honest effort to develop a folding water bed, or something along those lines.

But they could save themselves a lot of trouble and suspicion if they were more honest and forthcoming about the basic things, such as where they are located?

Why the mushroom treatment?
Fact Checker

Monroe, VA

#49 Apr 10, 2013
Go to the website. Look under contact us.
Cody Marlow

Johnson City, TN

#51 Apr 10, 2013
wanna smell my fingers?
Hillbillyboy

United States

#52 Apr 10, 2013
Well, despite the fact that their rented office suite is in a rather small and unimpressive little building which is shared presumably with several other suites of unrelated business types, thats not so bad.

What is there in Mtn City that is a business suite of similar size? Lets see...Subway? Or Bizzies?

No, those are building of their own. Were talking about a small little rented suite with this mess.

The building itself dont instill much confidence. Ive seen bigger foot doctor offices, to be honest.

The building dont look to offer suites near as big as the Autozone store, though.

Maybe about the size as one of the apartments down at the village?

But the add for the other suites to lease did mention that it had closets with shelves (Yay!) and the suites did have windows.

And restrooms.

And despite the fact that their "corporate offices" look to be about the same size as a foot doctors office (actually Ive seen some bigger), and despite all of that...

Its performance that counts, right? The old bottom line. Well, lets see...

Their investors have been waiting (some of them since 1999) for that "big deal" to come in. Not a cent in revenue for the investors so far, after all these years.

Yes, risk is part of American business strategy and always has been. But this is something else entirely.

Its kind of like saying that General Custer had a battle plan at the Little Bighorn that "still had a few bugs in it".

So, Im skeptical.

I dont think it will ever amount to anything beyond what it has already done for its investors.
Possibly

Jonesborough, TN

#53 Apr 11, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
Well, despite the fact that their rented office suite is in a rather small and unimpressive little building which is shared presumably with several other suites of unrelated business types, thats not so bad.
What is there in Mtn City that is a business suite of similar size? Lets see...Subway? Or Bizzies?
No, those are building of their own. Were talking about a small little rented suite with this mess.
The building itself dont instill much confidence. Ive seen bigger foot doctor offices, to be honest.
The building dont look to offer suites near as big as the Autozone store, though.
Maybe about the size as one of the apartments down at the village?
But the add for the other suites to lease did mention that it had closets with shelves (Yay!) and the suites did have windows.
And restrooms.
And despite the fact that their "corporate offices" look to be about the same size as a foot doctors office (actually Ive seen some bigger), and despite all of that...
Its performance that counts, right? The old bottom line. Well, lets see...
Their investors have been waiting (some of them since 1999) for that "big deal" to come in. Not a cent in revenue for the investors so far, after all these years.
Yes, risk is part of American business strategy and always has been. But this is something else entirely.
Its kind of like saying that General Custer had a battle plan at the Little Bighorn that "still had a few bugs in it".
So, Im skeptical.
I dont think it will ever amount to anything beyond what it has already done for its investors.
They could rent a better office space if they dropped their lawsuit against the Texas guy Mark Nelson.:-)
The lawsuit was instituted two or three years ago and has served basically to silence Nelson. He was a skeptic with online blogsite asking questions and discussing basically what you, Hillbilly Guy, have been saying. I don't know if he committed any real crimes against ED, but ED must have felt injured.

So, if ED is feeling tough enough and cynical enough, they might send that team of lawyers to see YOU, HBB. Or have you already talked to Mark Nelson? I hope he's okay. We need skeptics.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#54 Apr 11, 2013
Ive said all I wanted to say anyway.

But I dont have any money tied up with them, so I really dont care too much one way or the other how it turns out.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#55 Apr 11, 2013
Possibly wrote:
<quoted text>
They could rent a better office space if they dropped their lawsuit against the Texas guy Mark Nelson.:-)
The lawsuit was instituted two or three years ago and has served basically to silence Nelson. He was a skeptic with online blogsite asking questions and discussing basically what you, Hillbilly Guy, have been saying. I don't know if he committed any real crimes against ED, but ED must have felt injured.
So, if ED is feeling tough enough and cynical enough, they might send that team of lawyers to see YOU, HBB. Or have you already talked to Mark Nelson? I hope he's okay. We need skeptics.
I did have a second thought about this though, what you said.

It was about what you said about ED possibly going to sue me because I am skeptical of them. I didnt say anything to bring up the possibility that they were going to sue the skeptics into submission.

You said that.

So, will it be you instead of me that gets a visit from the lawyers?

Why would they want to do it, anyway? What kind of PR would it be for them to do this?

Is that really a good business approach for any company, to be seen as brutal suppressors of all voices of skepticism, or all who question them?

Wouldnt seeing stuff like that going on make already nervous investors even more nervous?

But like I said, Ive said about all I had to say in voicing skepticism about them.

The investors are the ones who have the real voice in all of this. Its their money, after all.
Count us OUT

Raleigh, NC

#56 Apr 11, 2013
WOW.
After reading all this, I'd like to hear from people whom have had positive experiences with Euclid Discoveries.

(distant cricket chirping in the background)
Hillbillyboy

United States

#57 Apr 11, 2013
Well, I must admit that I am intrigued a little bit over at least one poster who alleges that someone recently tried to sell him ED shares.

And another poster insisted that the investment opportunity was already closed, and apparently has been for some time.

I dont make any claims or allegations one way or the other here, because I dont know which is correct.

But it seems that these two posters are at odds with each other.

Some explanations might be nice?
Old Guy

West Jefferson, NC

#58 Apr 11, 2013
The CEO has a degree in psychology from UNC Charlotte.
Seriously

Raleigh, NC

#59 Apr 11, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
The CEO has a degree in psychology from UNC Charlotte.
Is that suppose to impress us?

That just means he would sell fake 'units'(shares, stock, whatever they're called) to his own mother-in-law.
Old Guy

West Jefferson, NC

#60 Apr 11, 2013
No its supposed to show he is a manipulator by training, not an engineer.
Fact Checker

Hardy, VA

#61 Apr 11, 2013
1.) first to initialize a teleradiology system 2.) first to install software for seed implantation to treat prostrate cancer 3.) first to bring telemedicine to a big three network ( Sprint )
Hillbillyboy

United States

#62 Apr 12, 2013
Fact Checker wrote:
1.) first to initialize a teleradiology system 2.) first to install software for seed implantation to treat prostrate cancer 3.) first to bring telemedicine to a big three network ( Sprint )
Could you please speak in complete sentences so that we can get some sense and profit out of what you are saying to us?

Things such as a subject, are helpful in sentences. Then we might know WHO it was that was first in these things.

Are you telling us that Euclid was the first to invent these "firsts"? And then I see you have the word (Sprint) in parentheses and then I wonder..

What does a list of Sprint acheivments have to do with a thread about Euclid?

Was it Euclid that did these things, or was it Sprint?
DANG IT

Raleigh, NC

#64 Apr 25, 2013
The ship...is about to come in...& I missed the boat.

Thanks Mountain City, for talking me out of it.

BIG pay day coming in JUNE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casey and Wesley Payne (Oct '15) 5 hr Ccalways 13
Tracey Roark (Dec '16) 20 hr Waiting 15
I hate ferrets (Oct '09) 22 hr Syeirra 62
ems Thu concerned 1
whitley osborne Thu wondering 10
Christians Thu Buggy 1
Austin Atwood Thu wondering 2

Mountain City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain City Mortgages