Caltrans awaits OK to make repairs; s...

Caltrans awaits OK to make repairs; school buses rerouted

There are 2 comments on the Press-Enterprise story from Feb 9, 2010, titled Caltrans awaits OK to make repairs; school buses rerouted. In it, Press-Enterprise reports that:

Fixing a washed out stretch of Highway 74 between Hemet and Mountain Center near Idyllwild is awaiting authorization to expedite repairs and Caltrans expects the work to take four to five days, according to Shelli Lombardo, a Caltrans public information officer in San Bernardino.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Enterprise.

Pretty_Poison

Burbank, CA

#1 Feb 9, 2010
Caltrans will have to go to outside contractors to fix Highway 74. That means taking bids to get the lowest price. Lets see Caltrans is also on 3 days furlough per month. Ahhhh, something tells me it is going to take longer than 3 to 5 days to fix. Maybe the people need to be inconvenient to see what the Governor has reduced this state to.
Arnold

San Diego, CA

#2 Feb 10, 2010
Pretty_Poison wrote:
Caltrans will have to go to outside contractors to fix Highway 74. That means taking bids to get the lowest price. Lets see Caltrans is also on 3 days furlough per month. Ahhhh, something tells me it is going to take longer than 3 to 5 days to fix. Maybe the people need to be inconvenient to see what the Governor has reduced this state to.
... a couple of days furlough and presidents day, valentines day, Lincolns birthday, WashingtonÂ’s birthday and who knows what ever other paid days off.

Together with absolutely to desire or ability to provide the public with the level of service that CALTRANS is dramatically over staffed and over paid to do.

Topped off by a opportunity to whine about how rough life is as a public servant and how mean the governor is.
I agree it may take more than 3-5 days to fix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) Tue Alexheart 23
Keep a Word, Drop a Word! (Apr '12) Jul 25 Pasquali 207
Beware of Kenn Grey Jul 25 Da Truth 2
Indian Wells Music Thread Jul 16 Logan A 2
LA county harrassing property owners with bogus... (Aug '08) Jul 8 gino 229
News Benefactor a possible suicide (Jan '09) Jul 7 Rowdy Rippy 24
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Jul 6 Eddie 18

Mountain Center Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance