Report Condemns Medical Pot Sites

Report Condemns Medical Pot Sites

There are 2 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 21, 2006, titled Report Condemns Medical Pot Sites. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Riverside County's D.A. says dispensaries, which supervisors will consider licensing next week, are illegal and invite crime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Jason

Sacramento, CA

#1 Sep 22, 2006
I have been working for the rights of medical marijuana patients in northern California for several years. I can tell you that the D.A.'s tactics are very similar to those of other counties where law enforcement doesn't like the idea of medical cannabis being legal.

The timing of this report is not an accident, nor is it a coincidence. In several parts of the state, a zeal to prevent "drug use" at any cost results in fairness and honesty taking a back seat to both common courtesy and the will of the voters.

Those who would like to resume arresting sick people who use cannabis as a treatment tend to act this way. They often refuse to participate in attempts to draft good ordinances, but suddenly appear at the last minute, telling policy makers that the sky will fall if people are allowed easy access to their medicine.

I sincerely hope that the supervisors won't allow the D.A.'s office to get away with this approach. The supervisors should implement a good policy on marijuana now, and THEN consider the D.A.'s argument. Trask's office had its chance to work toward a compromise. Now they've missed their chance, and have nobody to blame but themselves.
jbeck404

Homewood, CA

#2 Sep 25, 2006
At the age of 46, I just wrote my first letter to the editor (Press Enterprise) over this subject. Jason, I agree with your take on this. I would like to ask, am I the only one shocked by the arrogance of Grover Trask, Riverside D.A.? We are sending our finest Men and Women to fight and die in foreign countries to bring them Democracy. Yet, here at home, the powers that be feel that if they don’t like a law THAT THE VOTERS OF CALIFORNIA PASSED 10 YEARS AGO, they won’t enforce it. That is no Democracy! That also sends a poor message to potential voters; “Yeah get out and vote, but if we don’t like it, we won’t enforce it.” I believe Mr. Trask receives a paycheck from the State of California. The Attorney General for the State of California has instructed Law Enforcement to implement Prop 215 and SB420. However, D.A. Grover Trask says no not only to him, but to all the voters. The timing of the last minute 10 Page warning aside, the content borders on comical. The Riverside County Sheriff is even worse. This whole thing is really sad; both those men should be ashamed. I guess after you are on the Government “tit” for so long, your sense of self importance can cloud your judgment.
Jason wrote:
I have been working for the rights of medical marijuana patients in northern California for several years. I can tell you that the D.A.'s tactics are very similar to those of other counties where law enforcement doesn't like the idea of medical cannabis being legal.
The timing of this report is not an accident, nor is it a coincidence. In several parts of the state, a zeal to prevent "drug use" at any cost results in fairness and honesty taking a back seat to both common courtesy and the will of the voters.
Those who would like to resume arresting sick people who use cannabis as a treatment tend to act this way. They often refuse to participate in attempts to draft good ordinances, but suddenly appear at the last minute, telling policy makers that the sky will fall if people are allowed easy access to their medicine.
I sincerely hope that the supervisors won't allow the D.A.'s office to get away with this approach. The supervisors should implement a good policy on marijuana now, and THEN consider the D.A.'s argument. Trask's office had its chance to work toward a compromise. Now they've missed their chance, and have nobody to blame but themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenn Gray Moffitt deadbeat run out town 5 hr Madafaka 4
Kenn headed back to Palm Springs 15 hr curious 4
Heard Kenn Gray Mottiff is Fraud Mon neighbor 6
Review: Serna and Associates (Jul '12) Sun Juanmhernandez44 7
Poor Korrie Dec 10 AnjainBoston 11
Kenn Gray looking for new house Dec 8 LOL 6
Ken gray is a fake Dec 7 LOL 3

Mountain Center Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance