John

Hoffman Estates, IL

#1 Sep 9, 2012
Want to know who voted yes for tax, so I can not for them in november
Chester

Leitchfield, KY

#2 Sep 10, 2012
Important to note who and WHY.

Tax increases, WHY? because of the Mayor and Council Members larger salaries and increases. They voted to give Mt Washington workers a pay increase and just happened to include themselves. Not once but twice. The city workers deserved the raises but how in the world can the Calhoun, Armstrong, Gentry,Griffin, Dooley, Hockenbury and Troutman justify theirs, morally.

By the way, don't forget Calhoun took care of one of her boys by giving him a $9,000 raise two years ago. When's the last time you received a $9,000 increase??? Wonder how many others have benefited from her generous behavior, USING OUR TAX DOLLARS??????
Also, how about the water and sewer rate increase this past July. The water co. had that big fat $1,000,0000 surplus two years ago,PER COLHOUN and Armstrong, Gentry, Dooley, how did they waste a $1,000,000 without our knowledge. They cover up the truth with, lies, lies and more lies.
Vote them out, this time the Council Members, next time Calhoun!
eddie

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2012
John wrote:
Want to know who voted yes for tax, so I can not for them in november
Armstrong, Gentry, Troutman,Houckberry voted for tax increase, Dooley and Griffin voted against tax increase
Moe

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Sep 10, 2012
stop complaining - you can all afford to pay them
her boy

Campbellsville, KY

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Chester wrote:
Important to note who and WHY.
Tax increases, WHY? because of the Mayor and Council Members larger salaries and increases. They voted to give Mt Washington workers a pay increase and just happened to include themselves. Not once but twice. The city workers deserved the raises but how in the world can the Calhoun, Armstrong, Gentry,Griffin, Dooley, Hockenbury and Troutman justify theirs, morally.
By the way, don't forget Calhoun took care of one of her boys by giving him a $9,000 raise two years ago. When's the last time you received a $9,000 increase??? Wonder how many others have benefited from her generous behavior, USING OUR TAX DOLLARS??????
Also, how about the water and sewer rate increase this past July. The water co. had that big fat $1,000,0000 surplus two years ago,PER COLHOUN and Armstrong, Gentry, Dooley, how did they waste a $1,000,000 without our knowledge. They cover up the truth with, lies, lies and more lies.
Vote them out, this time the Council Members, next time Calhoun!
Who received a $9,000 raise?
Chester

Sonora, KY

#6 Sep 11, 2012
her boy wrote:
<quoted text>Who received a $9,000 raise?
Asked the Mayor, she will tell you and will also tell you the person deserved the raise. That my friend is how you get votes. Better bet that family will vote for whoever she anoints. He owes her!

But the tax payers can afford it, right Moe?

PS, step back when you mention this to her, she gets very pissed off, goes into bitch speed, someone questioning her Mayor skills, or lack of them.
Of course, unless its Berrrrry (giggle, giggle) know what I mean.
her boy

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Sep 11, 2012
Chester wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked the Mayor, she will tell you and will also tell you the person deserved the raise. That my friend is how you get votes. Better bet that family will vote for whoever she anoints. He owes her!
PS, step back when you mention this to her, she gets very pissed off, goes into bitch speed, someone questioning her Mayor skills, or lack of them.
I want you to tell me. I may know but not 100% sure. By the way I am not afraid of her.!!!!!!!! HA HA
must be

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Sep 11, 2012
Chester wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be R.F. or R.D.
Larry

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Sep 11, 2012
Oh christ don't play coy you little b*tches - either speak up or shut up. Tee hee - we know shit about shit but are too afraid to talk about things we think we know online - tee hee! RF or RD tee hee - either say what you know or shut the F up - dumbasses. all this tells me is you are lying sacks.
Stella

Sonora, KY

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Chester wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the first reaction from a person who isn't qualified for the job, question their position, covering up the truth, over reaction in a negative manor.
Chester

Sonora, KY

#11 Sep 12, 2012
Larry wrote:
Oh christ don't play coy you little b*tches - either speak up or shut up. Tee hee - we know shit about shit but are too afraid to talk about things we think we know online - tee hee! RF or RD tee hee - either say what you know or shut the F up - dumbasses. all this tells me is you are lying sacks.
Typical way the mayor would answer, nice words without substances. Same language, could it be Billy Bob herself??

Office help, better be on your proper P's and Q's today. Zero to bitch in 4 seconds!
Chester

Sonora, KY

#12 Sep 23, 2012
her boy wrote:
<quoted text>I want you to tell me. I may know but not 100% sure. By the way I am not afraid of her.!!!!!!!! HA HA
Aways had someone carry your butt, hold your hand and dot your i's for you?
The individual isn't nearly as important as the fact that the Mayor tried and failed to keep it from the public. She knew it was wrong, not necessary and just another way for her buy votes at tax payers expense.

her boy (your one of many)---consider her boys. ha! ha!

Chester

Sonora, KY

#13 Sep 25, 2012
Hey mt washington city voters, the political bull crap is in the air. Armstrong, Gentry, Dooley, etc etc are out spreading it thick as can be.

Here's their best lie, the city has a surplus. Interesting, same bs the last time they ran. If that's true, why did they raise our taxes??
Best cover up, they never mention the two raises they gave themselves.(maybe this is why they raised our taxes!)
Next best lie, been working hard to keep the city moving forward. Next time you hear them make that comment, request a description of what they mean by moving forward. Working two to three a month, at around $250.00 an hour, in my mind eliminates working hard.
Next to next best lie, shaking you hand and saying things like, how are you doing, haven't seen you for a while, hows the family and last, don't forget I'm running council and I need your vote. Wed after election, and for the next 20 months,they will walk right by you at the store.

Be smart this time, vote in a new group, at least don't vote for these good old boys.
Believe me this is just the tip of the bull crap, it will only get deeper the closer we get to Nov.

elsie

Sonora, KY

#14 Sep 28, 2012
Chester wrote:
Hey mt washington city voters, the political bull crap is in the air. Armstrong, Gentry, Dooley, etc etc are out spreading it thick as can be.
Here's their best lie, the city has a surplus. Interesting, same bs the last time they ran. If that's true, why did they raise our taxes??
Best cover up, they never mention the two raises they gave themselves.(maybe this is why they raised our taxes!)
Next best lie, been working hard to keep the city moving forward. Next time you hear them make that comment, request a description of what they mean by moving forward. Working two to three a month, at around $250.00 an hour, in my mind eliminates working hard.
Next to next best lie, shaking you hand and saying things like, how are you doing, haven't seen you for a while, hows the family and last, don't forget I'm running council and I need your vote. Wed after election, and for the next 20 months,they will walk right by you at the store.
Be smart this time, vote in a new group, at least don't vote for these good old boys.
Believe me this is just the tip of the bull crap, it will only get deeper the closer we get to Nov.
Replace armstrong, gentry, dooley for starters. Three new members would require that the mayor be accountable for a change. These three just continue to cover up for her by letting her waste our tax money.

Remember save the city.
Vote armstrong out!
Vote gentry out!
Vote dooley out!
Chester

Sonora, KY

#15 Sep 28, 2012
Elsie, don't forget, Armstrong Dooley and Gentry will be voting for Obama, just like in 2008.

Why not, they vote together to run our city government the same way that Obama does, INCREASE TAXES, INCREASE THEIR PAY AND SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.

Vote for three new members.
Tax Payer

Louisville, KY

#16 Sep 28, 2012
We must get Armstrong and Gentry out before they break the city, we know Armstrong and the mayor are working together and Gentry is trying to fit into their little clan. Griffin has attempted to do the right things for the city but with the clan overrulling him he doesn't have a chance on getting anything passed. Now the mayor has hired Ronnie Finch wife as secetary with Ronnie is already on the payroll which shouldn't ever been allowed. People we better step up and get this stopped or the City of Mt Washington is going to be in trouble
Chester

Sonora, KY

#17 Sep 28, 2012
Tax Payer wrote:
We must get Armstrong and Gentry out before they break the city, we know Armstrong and the mayor are working together and Gentry is trying to fit into their little clan. Griffin has attempted to do the right things for the city but with the clan overrulling him he doesn't have a chance on getting anything passed. Now the mayor has hired Ronnie Finch wife as secetary with Ronnie is already on the payroll which shouldn't ever been allowed. People we better step up and get this stopped or the City of Mt Washington is going to be in trouble
I will agree with you, Armstrong and Gentry must go. They have successfully accomplished three things the tax payers can give them credit for; they voted to raise our taxes, voted to raise the water and sewer rates and above all they voted to raise their pay twice. How could someone who claims to be working for the tax payers increase there salaries and raise taxes. Now they are going around stating the city has a surplus? If so, why did they raise taxes? Could it be the same old bs they echoed during the last election. Do they ever tell the truth?

It's time to replace Armstrong and Gentry with new ideas. Vote'um out in Nov.
Truth Teller

Georgetown, IN

#18 Sep 29, 2012
Tax Payer wrote:
Dennis Griffin has my vote
Clarence

Sonora, KY

#19 Sep 30, 2012
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text> Dennis Griffin has my vote
Dennis Griffin must to stand up and speak out. You get votes by taking a position and sticking with it. Needs to knock heads with good old boys and the mayor of waste. Come prepared to defend and prove his points. Until he's does, it appears he is just like the others, in it for the easy $250.00 an hour pay check.
Truth Teller

Georgetown, IN

#20 Sep 30, 2012
Clarence wrote:
<quoted text>
Dennis Griffin must to stand up and speak out. You get votes by taking a position and sticking with it. Needs to knock heads with good old boys and the mayor of waste. Come prepared to defend and prove his points. Until he's does, it appears he is just like the others, in it for the easy $250.00 an hour pay check.
He stood up when previous council took away retirement for police, he fought for several months and was able to get their retirement back, he spoke out against raising taxes and voted against the increase, he spoke out and voted against the increase in sewer hike, and if you read the council meeting minutes you would find he opposed several things and tried to knock heads with them, what he needs is some help on the council

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 8 min Phoenix97 1,946
elites are in panic 1 hr Politically Incor... 5
New Louisville Facebook group 1 hr OompaLumpa 2
Rapper kid neighborhood behind movie theater. 7 hr Confederate 11
Red Evo Dec 4 Bobby Shmurda 1
There is a thief in Mt.Washington stealing Chri... Dec 4 Karma 2
mitchells Dec 4 i know 1

Mount Washington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance