Mount Vernon not united on mayor's 'G...

Mount Vernon not united on mayor's 'Glenn Beck Day'

There are 4 comments on the Seattle Times story from Sep 3, 2009, titled Mount Vernon not united on mayor's 'Glenn Beck Day'. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

As dozens of companies pledge not to advertise on Glenn Beck's Fox News Channel show after he called President Obama a racist, and as his controversial on-air behavior draws more scrutiny, the mayor of Mount Vernon ... is presenting him with a key to the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

DukeofWanaque

Bellingham, WA

#1 Sep 4, 2009
You want to know why we are financially in trouble as a nation. Just look how free speech and free enterprise in this country are being stiffled by political (criminal) groups such as ACORN who if you do not agree attach you fiscally and poltical correctness (offend no one). Everyone is afraid to speak against this President for fear of retaliation. This president is the most narcissistic President we have ever had. And he is totally unqualified by his resume and is a creation of the media and political parties. His background is devoid of any accomplishments that warrant his being President. Oh yes Oprah endorsed him. Beck's sponsors are gutless buth then again that is the american businessman today. by the way I disagree with Beck...
Proud American

United States

#2 Sep 8, 2009
DukeofWanaque wrote:
Everyone is afraid to speak against this President for fear of retaliation.

(Everyone? Gee, another straw man argument. Why am I not surprised. You mean the "everyone" who lost this election? I'd call whoever you are talking about bitter losers)

This president is the most narcissistic President we have ever had. And he is totally unqualified by his resume and is a creation of the media and political parties. His background is devoid of any accomplishments that warrant his being President.

(Are you talking about Bush? I think the past 8 years would qualify him for this assessment.

by the way I disagree with Beck...
(Even though you parrot his idiot bile. Yeah right...)
Chris Deile

Bellingham, WA

#3 Sep 11, 2009
Mount Vernon motels require a credit card to rent a room; white-collar propagandists should have no problem.
Jay

Tacoma, WA

#4 Sep 11, 2009
I am stunned that Mt Vernon would give a platform to this man. He is one of the most anti-american,divisive, fear mongering , hate mongering, ignorant , anti-intellectual, anti-facts, liar in the nation today. His speech though free is a catalyst for hate. The mayor and the city should be ashamed of themselves

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Skagit County judge: Public hospitals must prov... (Jun '16) Mar '17 Plockbeam 2
Jet Noise (Jul '10) Mar '17 Plockbeam 23
News UFO Sighting Reports (Sep '10) Feb '17 Adam7875 17
News Three Dead in Shooting at Mall North of Seattle (Sep '16) Sep '16 WASPaphobe 5
News Latest: Authorities say 5th person dies in mall... (Sep '16) Sep '16 WASPaphobe 4
Searching (Aug '16) Aug '16 Jstephens 1
Whereabouts: Kirklann (Kirk) Louis-Anthony Deog... (Dec '14) Apr '16 you know who it is 8

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages