|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Thanks for the break down. Great post.
CitizenTopix wrote:
Missouri Proposition B: Dog Breeding Regulations, also known as the Puppy Mill Bill.
A "YES" vote will amend Missouri law to require large-scale dog breeding operations to provide each dog under their care with sufficient food, clean water, housing and space; necessary veterinary care; regular exercise and adequate rest between breeding cycles. The amendment further prohibits any breeder from having more than 50 breeding dogs for the purpose of selling their puppies as pets. The amendment also creates a misdemeanor crime of "puppy mill cruelty" for any violations.
A “NO” vote will not change the current Missouri law regarding dog breeders.
How will you vote on November 2?
Concerned Citizen

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Please vote Tuesday.

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Is this thread ever gonna die
Mama

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Yeaaahhhhhh! I just had a preggo dog dumped in my yard. No one wants this damn thing or it's 6 pups! What should I do? Go pay the local shelter 30 bucks each to take them, redump them or kill them all? WTF? I didn't ask for this. You are all a bunch of dumb ass hillbillies if you are buying a dog from the mills. You just make the problem worse for people like me who live out in the country and get all your unwanted pets when your attraction fizzles.If you don't want the dog, drown it, suffocate it but quit dumping the damn things. It's your problem if you asked for it.

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Don't go to one

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Does this apply to all animals
Fact

Burns, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

guest wrote:
Does this apply to all animals
If we lose the right to farm.It will apply to all animals. Oh some folks don't realize that a lot of their food comes from the farmers. I wonder ! Hmm where will our food come from.
SURPRIZE

Burns, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Prop B was never about the welfare of the dogs. Are the Yes voters getting it yet ! Well maybe not yet. May take a little bit longer.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Love pets
SURPRIZE

Burns, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

guest wrote:
Love pets
Any Animal can be a pet .I like all animals.However my favorite are chickens. And they are butchered and eaten everyday.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Let's take action people

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

You are sick
SURPRIZE

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Anybody out there keeping up with the reports on the Bundy Ranch in NV. where the cows were taken off the Bundy Ranch .
Same

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

guest wrote:
You are sick
Yes I am sick

My fake boobs are rotting
Agriculture

Tarkio, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

I'm not against puppies, but wait til they expand to cows and hogs
mok

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

lol
Carl

Fulton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

I think we all can agree that there are bad breeders out there who should be shut down. I've seen one of those puppy mill dogs in person. Cute little mini dachshund. It took the owner a couple of years to get the dog used to the fact that not all people are bad people. The dog came from an old woman who was taking care of 100 dogs confined in rabbit cages.

Yes I'd like to see outfits like that shut down but sometimes we make these laws as a one size fit's all law. If this is a one size fits all law it will probably affect honest owners more than it will the bad ones.

What usually happens after laws like these are passed is that the little guy can no longer afford to get in the business of raising dogs. I would love to raise dachshunds because I love the breed. Only those companies that can afford the start up costs will be in the dog business.

People don't realize this but many small businesses get put out of business by Govt regulation. My little town once had a meat market. The Govt. put it out of business because they wanted fewer places to inspect. They wanted and still want businesses to be concentrated in large facilities where they can keep a better eye on them.

The fellow who ran our market made a decent living here. Now he makes hot dogs at the Oscar Meyer plant for less money.

I am going to study this bill. If it meets my requirements I'll vote yes. If it don't I'll just sadly shake my head and vote no.

Like I said earlier I'd love to raise a few quality dogs. They would not be for show. I'd go for health and personality. The Dachshund breed is being ruined by bad breeders. I have no intention of being one who contributes to that.
SURPRIZE

Burns, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Carl wrote:
I think we all can agree that there are bad breeders out there who should be shut down. I've seen one of those puppy mill dogs in person. Cute little mini dachshund. It took the owner a couple of years to get the dog used to the fact that not all people are bad people. The dog came from an old woman who was taking care of 100 dogs confined in rabbit cages.
Yes I'd like to see outfits like that shut down but sometimes we make these laws as a one size fit's all law. If this is a one size fits all law it will probably affect honest owners more than it will the bad ones.
What usually happens after laws like these are passed is that the little guy can no longer afford to get in the business of raising dogs. I would love to raise dachshunds because I love the breed. Only those companies that can afford the start up costs will be in the dog business.
People don't realize this but many small businesses get put out of business by Govt regulation. My little town once had a meat market. The Govt. put it out of business because they wanted fewer places to inspect. They wanted and still want businesses to be concentrated in large facilities where they can keep a better eye on them.
The fellow who ran our market made a decent living here. Now he makes hot dogs at the Oscar Meyer plant for less money.
I am going to study this bill. If it meets my requirements I'll vote yes. If it don't I'll just sadly shake my head and vote no.
Like I said earlier I'd love to raise a few quality dogs. They would not be for show. I'd go for health and personality. The Dachshund breed is being ruined by bad breeders. I have no intention of being one who contributes to that.
great post.
SURPRIZE

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Well it look s like the chickens are comning home to roost. HSUS true colors are starting to bleed threw. It was never about the puppies.Thanks to the Ringling Brothers for not backing down. Donate to local shelters.They need your help !!!!!!!
Jennifer

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2014

SURPRIZE is right. If you send your money to HSUS, it's much more likely to be used to lobby than it is to take care of animals. HSUS should remove the animals from their commercials and replace them with sad little overpaid lawyers.

Support your local shelter. Do not support HSUS or PETA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Vernon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••