Mt. Vernon a "rough" town

Mt. Vernon a "rough" town

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

LawrenceCountyMO

Nixa, MO

#1 May 27, 2012
Ever since I've been here I've noticed that Mt. Vernon has a lot of rough looking people. There's a few clean, decent looking and acting people but most of them are 70 and older. Am I in the wrong places? Has it always been like this? Is it the economy, drugs, or just local culture? I've been here for 8 years and it looks like decline. Nobody seems to care of know any better.
LawrenceCountyMO

Nixa, MO

#2 May 27, 2012
Ever since I've been here I've noticed that Mt. Vernon has a lot of rough looking people. There's a few clean, decent looking and acting people but most of them are 70 and older. Am I in the wrong places? Has it always been like this? Is it the economy, drugs, or just local culture? I've been here for 8 years and it looks like decline. Nobody seems to care or know any better.
Michael J

Perryville, AR

#3 Jun 2, 2012
I dont know where you came from, but feel free to return there, I was born and raised in mt.vernon and it is one fine town, so if your under 70 your a bum,,, I think not, please go away. thank you

“Meh”

Since: Jan 11

Under your bed

#4 Jul 5, 2012
There ain't a lot of desk jobs around here. People work with their hands. It's rough, dirty work and at the end of a long day, they don't give a crap what they look like.

I've been here since '94. It goes up and down. Build a fence, you won't have to look at it anymore.
hmmmm

Joplin, MO

#5 Jul 17, 2012
LawrenceCountyMO wrote:
Ever since I've been here I've noticed that Mt. Vernon has a lot of rough looking people. There's a few clean, decent looking and acting people but most of them are 70 and older. Am I in the wrong places? Has it always been like this? Is it the economy, drugs, or just local culture? I've been here for 8 years and it looks like decline. Nobody seems to care of know any better.
You make me giggle a little bit because Mt Vernon is by no means a "rough" town...Yeah, the people might look rough, but Mt Vernon is a small town built on the foundation of hard work and factory jobs. Like the previous poster said...I don't see any high rise buildings filled full of cubicles and desks. I do see factories, farming, and good ole boys working hard for their money.

Sure, there are some unsavory characters in town, but hey, all towns have them. Isn't that what the popo is for??? If Mt Vernon was soooo "rough" and filled with criminals, the Mt Vernon Police Department wouldn't take time out of traffic stops, calls, or other issues to unlock cars...that is your first sign that Mt Vernon is by no means a "rough" town.....

I grew up in a small town about half the size of Mt Vernon and in comparison to cities I've traveled to, Mt Vernon is Mayberry...

"rough" ha...still giggling....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New beginnings ministry 4 hr 1 person 2
What's up with are government May 1 Citizen 2
Trailer park across from shoe factory Apr '17 Clean this town up 1
Anyone knows Kelley Hackney Apr '17 Anonymous 1
Girls basketball Mar '17 LadyHounDogs 1
Lost dog Feb '17 Donna 1
The mt Vernon apts and it's tenants (Mar '12) Jul '16 Missourgirl 5

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance