Gospel Singer Dies In Crash

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

Gospel singer-songwriter Joyce "Dottie" Rambo died early Sunday when the bus she was in ran off a road in southwest Missouri and struck an embankment.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated May 28, 2008
Mary

Grand Prairie, TX

#1 May 12, 2008
This lady battled sickness for many years. I am sure she was ready to see her Savior, but she will be missed. What a precious treasure she was.
STARGAZER

Irving, TX

#2 May 12, 2008
My late father sang her song, "He Looked Beyond My Faults and Saw My Needs" on one of his record albums. I guess they are singing together in Heaven today..Lucky them!
Dave

Arlington, TX

#3 May 12, 2008
Hmmm.... I thought the Almighty was supposed to provide special protection for the faithful. I guess maybe Dottie's cosmic protection contract had expired. Maybe she hadn't been paying enough money to the church or something. Either that, or it's all BS.
Scott

Flushing, NY

#4 May 12, 2008
Ever considered it could have been just her time? Being a christian does not make you invincible as somehow you have that notion. Christians are believers in God in which when the time comes we will go to be with him as Joyce is now.
Dave wrote:
Hmmm.... I thought the Almighty was supposed to provide special protection for the faithful. I guess maybe Dottie's cosmic protection contract had expired. Maybe she hadn't been paying enough money to the church or something. Either that, or it's all BS.
Abraham Alexander

Amarillo, TX

#5 May 12, 2008
Dave wrote:
If you have nothing good to say, say nothing
at all.
Regina Palm Desert Ca

AOL

#6 May 12, 2008
"She was a giant in the gospel music industry," said Beckie Simmons, Rambo's agent.

Ms. Rambo was on her way to a Mother's Day performance at Fountain of Life Church in North Richland Hills, Texas, to sing with Lulu Roman and Naomi Sego.

Roman and Sego held a tribute concert Sunday morning for Ms. Rambo, whose chair on stage was covered with 200 roses, said Fountain of Life senior pastor Randy V. Thomas.

"Now she tells the angels how to sing those songs," Thomas said.

Parton: She'll be missed
Country singer Dolly Parton said in a statement that Rambo was a "dear friend."

"I know Dottie is in heaven in the arms of God right now, but our earth angel will surely be missed," Parton said. "Dottie was a dear friend, a fellow singer, songwriter and entertainer, and as of late my duet singing partner.

"Dottie, stand by the river and wait for me. I will always love you, Dolly."

Parton also sent condolences to Ferguson "and everyone involved in this terrible tragedy."
Regina Palm Desert Ca

AOL

#7 May 12, 2008
March 2nd
Dottie Rambo Inducted into the Kentucky Music Hall Of Fame

Film star and friend Lily Tomlin welcomed Dottie into the Kentucky Music Hall Of Fame with an introduction equal to a Kennedy Center Honor. Speaking eloquently Tomlin covered most of Rambos career with dignity and honor. Adding humor to her introduction Tomlin broke into her character of Ernestine The Phone Operator (Dottie's favorite of Lily's characters) with a phone call to the Lord asking him to look after our Dottie.
After Tomlin's introduction Dottie performed "I've Never Been This Homesick Before" to a very excited crowd that included a list of who's who in Kentucky music alumni.

The entire cast performed a finale of the old hymn "I'll Fly Away".
Barbara

United States

#8 May 27, 2008
Dave wrote:
On Judgement Day when Jesus tells me to enter in I want to be right in front of you Dave so I can turn and see your face and hear your worldly excuses that keeps you from entering in. You
need Jesus!!
your excuses
carlee

United States

#9 May 28, 2008
Dave wrote:
You Are DUMB AS HELL ,But Only A IDIOT And A FOOL Would PostThis,it's just Your Luck that GOD also LOVE FOOLS And DUMMIES.Bless You

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 6 min alan p 240
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 8 min Here Is One 1,899
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Dawg Rules 96,395
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 12 hr northwye 325
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Aug 28 stupid bills for ... 6,930
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Aug 22 Mary Lou 10,209
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 22 Doug 269
•••
•••
•••

Mount Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Vernon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••