Dottie Rambo dies after tour bus runs...

Dottie Rambo dies after tour bus runs off highway, hits embankment

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 11, 2008, titled Dottie Rambo dies after tour bus runs off highway, hits embankment. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Joyce "Dottie" Rambo, an influential gospel singer and songwriter, died early Sunday when her tour bus ran off the highway and struck an embankment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

T Harris

Hightstown, NJ

#1 May 13, 2008
I was so sorry to learn of Dottie Rambo's death. I'm just glad that she was doing what she loved.
sarah

Griffin, GA

#2 May 13, 2008
What a legacy Dottie left to us all.She sang and made melody in her heart, and in doing so gave testimony of Jesus our Christ and Lord, the very God made flesh to save all who accept Him.
Faye Howard

Spring Lake, NC

#3 May 13, 2008
Dottie Rambo's gift inspires me to always listen to that still, small voice in my heart and to express exactly what I hear. We all will miss her so. She has been an influence to so many song writers and her work will go on. It is an honor to follow in her footsteps. Thank you, Dottie! What a challenge you have left for us!
Gail Loughrey-Atlanta

Atlanta, GA

#4 May 13, 2008
I had the honor of meeting and knowing Dottie and
Buck. Hearing her testimony years ago, was used
by God intimately in my life. God exposed himnself to me through Dottie's testimony. I for
the first time really experienced God reaching down to me, loving me, compassionately, where I could not stop crying because of the love he was pouring into me and through out my soul. I cried
for 8 or 9 hours, continually, being saturated by
God and his love. This moved me to expect a miracle the next morning when I receivd a phone call that my nephew had been in an almost fatal cycle accident. The doctors gave no hope, but God gave me hope through this encounter from Dotties testimony the night before. We did receive the miracle of my nephew that startled everyone involved. Dottie and Buck became close mentors and friends. The two lived a life time together
and built the way for all to meet Jesus. I know how much Dottie really did love Buck, and how much Buck really loved Dottie inspite of their seperation........Please pray for Buck also in this! I know his heart is wrenching in pain and regret for the love of his life.....
M LCarr Cleveland TN

Pascagoula, MS

#5 May 15, 2008
Dottie, Buck & Reba Rambo are 3 names forever etched in my mind. I grew up listening (and singing) Dotties songs. They are powerful, based on God's Word and definitely show the depth of her love for the Lord. She will be greatly missed but, thank God, she left her awesome music for the world to enjoy forever. My heart goes out to Reba and her family, and to Buck who, I'm sure, never stopped caring for Dottie. May her legacy not be in vain. I'm thankful she wrote the song "He Looked Beyond My Fault And Saw My Need". It is my favorite!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Marine pleads guilty to charges (Sep '06) Nov 10 Kar 18
Billings School Sep '16 completely_unknown 1
Rental Homes Aug '16 Seenya 1
The mt Vernon apts and it's tenants (Mar '12) Jul '16 Missourgirl 5
shane sitton (Jul '09) Jul '16 swool 17
Review: Hope Towing (Nov '14) Jul '16 Hope Towing 2
sandy klemp (Mar '14) Apr '16 Lisa Chapin 3

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance