First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

AOL

#1 Nov 19, 2008
who on here was affected by the layoff at nacco in berea... and what are your thoughts?
cookie

Lexington, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2008
me and i am thanful

Since: Nov 08

AOL

#3 Nov 19, 2008
cookie... what part did you work in?
wani

Langley, KY

#4 Nov 20, 2008
how many did they lay off? heard they made jobs for a select few, that had ties with upper management. is this true? lots of people that got laid off were not expecting it. times are going to get worse with more layoffs on the way.
citizen

Richmond, KY

#5 Nov 20, 2008
I have a friend that works there and he said they laid 125 off yesterday and probably wouldn't get to go back. He was one of them. It's bad time for everyone.
find out before

Lexington, KY

#6 Nov 21, 2008
is killer still working
aloha

AOL

#7 Dec 1, 2008
my bf has worked there for almost 5 years and he got laid off. last i heard it was more than 125. I have heard that they will not be coming back and then ive heard that they will call some back in the spring so I dont know. I dont think they know what their doing either. I just hope they call back before unemployment runs out or he finds another job.
Jamie

London, KY

#8 Dec 5, 2008
Yeh there was a big layoff!
tired

Redmond, WA

#9 Dec 5, 2008
i hate to see many of these guys go home. to be honest i hope they find a getter job soon. we that are left are having to deal with dumb ass management!! tim white and william bell will be the end of nacco you wait and see. and our plant manager is to stipid to see how these 2 are treating the floor workers. a UAW vote is coming soon if things don`t change how mr.white and mr.bell keep pushing us the wrong way!! if it`s over we will go out on our terms!!
tired

Redmond, WA

#11 Dec 6, 2008
wildman your right! i`m just upset how the new management is treating people. most of us are good hard working people, but we are tired of the little stipid things there pushing on us! there are more important things than painted lines and keeping our racks straight. where to walk and so on. they need to be working on what we can do to sell more trucks and hope the economy gets back on it`s feet soon. i like my job and the guys i work with. but there are more important things there needing there attention! you agree?
haha

AOL

#12 Jan 26, 2009
David Blanton has smelluy feet.
usa

London, KY

#13 Jan 28, 2009
Does anyone know a anthony himes that works there if so let me know thanks.
my friends

Manchester, KY

#14 Jan 28, 2009
my friends husband works there and he didn't get laid off but he does have 1 day of layoff a week for the next several months.
NaccoSulligent

Haleyville, AL

#15 Jan 29, 2009
Anyone fron berea post your thoughts about your old plant manager Jimmy Gray. He has no idea on how to talk to people. I think he has good ideas but his people skills flat out suck!
KIT

Troy, OH

#16 Mar 31, 2009
Naccosulligent

The Jimmy Gray I knew, was a good man, he could remember the names of almost all of the employees and never acted like the Boss, he always acted like one of the employees and seemed to take real pride in the job he did. The only people i knew that said negative things about him, were people who were disciplined in some way. Absentees, drug testing, damage to property....that sort of thing.
NACCO20Plus

Paducah, KY

#17 Mar 31, 2009
KIT, or is this Jimmy? With a comment like that, I wonder. Anyway, I've been with NACCO/Hyster for 20+ years and have never..EVER been disciplined and have had opportunities to advance into management many times while I've been there. Jimmy Gray was all about getting every last ounce of energy and work out of every single employee, whether we had orders or not. I always felt like he cared nothing about the employees and only about the company and himself. He treated people like dirt, and even called people out with very rude and dogmatic comments in front of everyone at plant meetings. I for one am glad he's no longer at the Berea plant. I think I speak for the majority of those who actually know the real Jimmy Gray.
Bart

Louisa, VA

#18 Mar 31, 2009
usa wrote:
Does anyone know a anthony himes that works there if so let me know thanks.
Yes. I know him.
QA Inspector

Somerset, KY

#19 Mar 31, 2009
I worked there for 6 years up until these layoffs started. I saw what was coming and quit for another job. Good thing I guess......Oh and I know hammer (Anthony Himes)
KIT

Troy, OH

#20 Apr 1, 2009
You don't speak for the majority and why are you so mad at him anyway? The co. has done nothing but go down hill since he left. So if he was so bad at his job, I would think nothing but good things and improvements would come with his departure. By the way many of my family are and have earned a living at Hyster/Nacco with 30 plus years of service. Why shouldn't an employer expect to get as much out of people as they can. I thought that's why they hired people, to do a job that was needed? If your doing your best and care about the quality of work you are putting out, that's all anyone can ask.
QA Inspector

Somerset, KY

#21 Apr 1, 2009
KIT wrote:
You don't speak for the majority and why are you so mad at him anyway? The co. has done nothing but go down hill since he left. So if he was so bad at his job, I would think nothing but good things and improvements would come with his departure. By the way many of my family are and have earned a living at Hyster/Nacco with 30 plus years of service. Why shouldn't an employer expect to get as much out of people as they can. I thought that's why they hired people, to do a job that was needed? If your doing your best and care about the quality of work you are putting out, that's all anyone can ask.
I liked Jimmy... He came to my grandma's funeral and personally shook my hand and asked if everything was ok. That moved him way up the ladder with me. Also, when Jimmy was at Berea, we worked all the OT you could get... Heck I was making 60k a year then when he left it all went down hill fast.... So now you tell me who's responsible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 166,439
Thomas cromer 18 hr Sara 15
Pennie and her family Mon The Original Yeti 3
News Two Found Dead In Rockcastle Co. Home Were Murd... Sun Confused 212
the music thread (Jan '12) Sun kkk 133
Penny Conn Allen Sun Teresa 6
name all the unsolved murders in rockcastle ...... (Dec '11) Sat Worried 40

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages