old fashioned fortune teller

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 12

London, KY

#1 Feb 25, 2012
wondering if there are any of the old fashhioned fortune tellers around....none of the tv or phone kind...but the kind who did know what they were talking about...someone around here has to know of some
out of towner

Charlestown, IN

#2 Feb 26, 2012
jewel is the real deal but no one seems to know where to find her anymore
Blondie

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2012
She lives in Somerset now.
druid

Pineville, KY

#4 Mar 17, 2012
Witches are all manipulators and liars.
out of towner

Charlestown, IN

#5 Mar 23, 2012
Blondie wrote:
She lives in Somerset now.
yeah, ive heard that where? address?
Hairdo

Lexington, KY

#6 Mar 25, 2012
druid wrote:
Witches are all manipulators and liars.
Witches are awesome! They are trained in many forms of divination. They are good people. Maybe you should educate yourself a little more
theone

Pineville, KY

#7 Mar 25, 2012
You are a fool.
HA HA

Crossett, AR

#8 Mar 25, 2012
out of towner wrote:
jewel is the real deal but no one seems to know where to find her anymore
Jewel is nothing but a crackhead, pill snorting lezzie. She only predicts where she will get high at.
Miss Piggy Jones

Hazard, KY

#9 Mar 27, 2012
Yeah and your future is--------??Youre gonna get busted According to my crystal ball lol
fortune teller truth

Lexington, KY

#10 Apr 4, 2012
If you believe someone can tell you things that will happen or tell you things they know, you need to question where the power comes from. If this is not someone who has been annointed by God then you are dealing with someone who is being used by the power of darkness to manipulate people.
Yes, there are powers we should not mess with. Demons pose as dead people and say things that they will try to make come true to prove things to you. That's just one of the ways they work. It's a very dangerous business. You allow dark powers into your life that will eventually destroy you.
It's plain and simple demonology and you will pay in more ways than one.
Watcher

London, KY

#11 Apr 5, 2012
out of towner wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, ive heard that where? address?
That Jewel woman last I heard was going beytween a couple/few houses around the Ceder Grove area in Somerset. 914 west and turn left onto 1247. THere's a burned out store across the street from the road that her house(s) wher located. she was last known to be at.

I had several peopel I worked with that used to go see her. Sorry the information isn't any better.
Reality

Lexington, KY

#12 Apr 23, 2012
fortune teller truth wrote:
If you believe someone can tell you things that will happen or tell you things they know, you need to question where the power comes from. If this is not someone who has been annointed by God then you are dealing with someone who is being used by the power of darkness to manipulate people.
Yes, there are powers we should not mess with. Demons pose as dead people and say things that they will try to make come true to prove things to you. That's just one of the ways they work. It's a very dangerous business. You allow dark powers into your life that will eventually destroy you.
are you kidding me, just another point that people are so closed minded to other views and opinions, but of course if you take the time to REALLY learn about early religions and the ways of old you will see that todays early christians have many things that were adopted from the old ways. Learn before you judge, then make an educated opinion.
Watcher

Brodhead, KY

#14 Apr 25, 2012
So, all the ghosts, spirits, whatever your flavor of entity is called is a demon and only a demon? That's very interesting indeed.
someone

Manchester, KY

#15 Apr 26, 2012
If you Belive in the BiBle Read it and see what it says BEWARE OF WITCHCRAFT AND SEERES in the old testment ( I Belive In my Bible ) try yours also about sperites roming the Earth
Loves the future

Somerset, KY

#17 May 1, 2012
someone wrote:
If you Belive in the BiBle Read it and see what it says BEWARE OF WITCHCRAFT AND SEERES in the old testment ( I Belive In my Bible ) try yours also about sperites roming the Earth
How about the fact that God predicted future events through inspired prophets and that these predictions had been (or would be) fulfilled. Get off your soap box, I am religious in my own way too but you don't have to make EVERYTHING about it. Pretty sure there are many, many things you shouldn't be following from the old testament too by the way. If you are, then you would need to be in prison...Oh, and it might help a little more if you learned how to spell too, after all spelling and reading do go hand in hand.
CEK27

Herndon, VA

#18 May 1, 2012
Are you a pew jumper that "shouts" & speaks in tongues? If all of your chaos is so righteous & Godly how come that never happens outside of the building like WalMart or McD's? Maybe YOU'RE the 1 being manipulated by "powers of darkness" & another thing, you all sure can talk about your neighbors, who is doing what to who & with who but boy you let someone point out 1 of YOUR mistakes & all of a sudden it's like you recover from amnesia & finally remember book, chapter & verse where the bible talks about judging others. You all make me wanna put 911 on speed dial cause it bout makes me deathly sick when your TRUE colors come forth. I think a little self re-evaluating needs to be practiced before you try to tell someone else how to live!
Loves the future

Somerset, KY

#20 May 3, 2012
CEK27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a pew jumper that "shouts" & speaks in tongues? If all of your chaos is so righteous & Godly how come that never happens outside of the building like WalMart or McD's? Maybe YOU'RE the 1 being manipulated by "powers of darkness" & another thing, you all sure can talk about your neighbors, who is doing what to who & with who but boy you let someone point out 1 of YOUR mistakes & all of a sudden it's like you recover from amnesia & finally remember book, chapter & verse where the bible talks about judging others. You all make me wanna put 911 on speed dial cause it bout makes me deathly sick when your TRUE colors come forth. I think a little self re-evaluating needs to be practiced before you try to tell someone else how to live!
I just love your analogy!! Hahaha, especially the part "how come that never happens outside of the building like WalMart or McD's" now that is classic!! Very well written =)
CEK27

Herndon, VA

#21 May 3, 2012
Loves the future wrote:
<quoted text>I just love your analogy!! Hahaha, especially the part "how come that never happens outside of the building like WalMart or McD's" now that is classic!! Very well written =)
Why thank you! I'm sorry it was just 1 of those days & I just once again was so aggravated at people who judge but throw a fit when someone judges them. I think religion was meant to accompany compassion & love for the inner person. It's like smoking. It's no wonder people continue to smoke with no regard for health cause people keep reminding them of how unhealthy it is. Well duh, it says that on the side of the pack! I prefer telling them of alternatives rather than preaching at them.
God is---well----God

London, KY

#22 May 8, 2012
CEK27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will address your post point by point. You spoke of not judging others yet your post was very condemning and judgemental. You asked why pew jumping, speaking in tongues and shouting doesn't happen outside of Wal-Mart. For one thing, there are no pews outside of Wal-Mart last time I looked. As far as tongues goes: the Bible says if there is no interpreter present, you are not to speaking in tongues because it will only be confusing to others. As far as shouting goes, one time when I was in Wal-Mart, I was talking to God--just praying to myself and I thought about something He deserved praise for and without even thinking, I raised my hand and praised God. Now, I didn't shout real loud or anything but worship can happen and does happen in lots of places. I know a young man who laid hands on a sick woman in Wal-Mart and prayed for her because she asked him to and she knew he was a praying man. Later, she said she was healed that day. God can work inside or outside of Wal-Mart. As for judging, your post was extremely judgmental. It's always interesting to me that when the word of God goes out, some respond by saying we shouldn't judge and then they begin to put down the person they are addressing in a judgmental way. That's hypocricy. As far as true colors coming out--that's when you showed yours, I believe.
just me

United States

#23 May 8, 2012
God is---well----God wrote:
<quoted text>I will address your post point by point. You spoke of not judging others yet your post was very condemning and judgemental. You asked why pew jumping, speaking in tongues and shouting doesn't happen outside of Wal-Mart. For one thing, there are no pews outside of Wal-Mart last time I looked. As far as tongues goes: the Bible says if there is no interpreter present, you are not to speaking in tongues because it will only be confusing to others. As far as shouting goes, one time when I was in Wal-Mart, I was talking to God--just praying to myself and I thought about something He deserved praise for and without even thinking, I raised my hand and praised God. Now, I didn't shout real loud or anything but worship can happen and does happen in lots of places. I know a young man who laid hands on a sick woman in Wal-Mart and prayed for her because she asked him to and she knew he was a praying man. Later, she said she was healed that day. God can work inside or outside of Wal-Mart. As for judging, your post was extremely judgmental. It's always interesting to me that when the word of God goes out, some respond by saying we shouldn't judge and then they begin to put down the person they are addressing in a judgmental way. That's hypocricy. As far as true colors coming out--that's when you showed yours, I believe.
For the man who prayed for the woman in Walmart I respect & admire that. I think you should follow your convictions. But I DO question it when someone enters a forum or thread that is clearly labeled or titled but something they might find offensive. True there's freedom of expression but it works both ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CCzar 166,491
Thomas cromer 6 hr Wondering 17
Rockcastle Area Bands (Oct '08) 6 hr Drumbo the Clown 97
News Two Found Dead In Rockcastle Co. Home Were Murd... 6 hr Wiseone 216
Blonde guy at Marcellas 8 hr Cerebral 8
Angie Cornelius 8 hr Angie 3
Pennie and her family Aug 21 The Original Yeti 3

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance