who was shot in brush creek last night?
The Facts

Charlotte, NC

#21 Sep 26, 2011
The facts are Byron Johnson was at his families house Byron Johnson was coaxed outside the house by Mr.Hazelwood and as he walked outside he was shot 4 times in front of the woman he was spending his life with.And the most important fact people are leaving out "BYRON JOHNSON WAS UNARMED" so please quit trying to justify a cold blooded murderer
cousin

Langley, KY

#22 Sep 26, 2011
I guess you are just listening to one side of the story.were you there if not you are only judging and making up your own story. do you know the background do you know these men personally if you did you would know byron was looking for trouble hurting his own family beating them. destroying his and others property threatening harm to other people. running people out of the road driving drunk threatening to kill people. I think you should wait to the facts come out to be so judgemental. i am related to byron and when he was not on one of his rampages he was a good man but when he went on one of his rampages he was a danger to himself and to others. i saw this coming it was just a matter of time he needed help he was crying out for help but noone would listen everyone that knew him is responsible he should have been in treatment i feel for the family and their loss but they need to tell the truth before more trouble. as for mr hazelwood he was not an aggressive person would help if you needed it he did not go looking for trouble and when the true facts are told you will see it was self defense. I am sorry if you do not like what i say i am only telling what i know.
friend

Berea, KY

#23 Sep 26, 2011
i know bobby,he is a good man and a honest man now these people that need help really never get it because the justice system is only for the drug dealers-no good mothers and fathers-users.
confused

Chicago, IL

#24 Sep 26, 2011
Why is he charged with manslaughter instead of murder? Seems to me if you shoot someone 4 times, that you should be charged with murder. Did he tell anyone what he was going to do before it happened? If so, that is premeditated murder and if he did tell someone and they didn't let the cops know then they are just as guilty of a crime.
HEARTBROKEN

Lexington, KY

#25 Sep 26, 2011
From age 3 Byron called me Mommie,because our Mommie was sick.I quit school to raise him and our brother.I have just returned home to Mt.Washington after spending a week down there trying to get him some help.My sister stayed for 2 weeks trying to do the same thing.We both made calls to the state police to try to get them out there.They were called early in the day the day he died.The so called FAMILY,he lived with,ran off to Indiana leaving him alone knowing how badly he needed help.NOW they can stop running.The hurt and torment he felt is all over now.Byron was a very ill man and needed professional help,in the worst of ways.He didn't need to die.Thanks to those who tried to help and the ones of you that ran and you know who i'm speaking of can stop running.There is no harm in him now. HIS LOVING SISTER EVA
Sue

Lexington, KY

#26 Sep 26, 2011
Confused, I feel like you do. There has to be more that was going on among these two men. A woman on TV said the one that did the shooting was told two weeks ago not to come around them. It leaves me to wonder if they had been feuding. There has to be a cause for all of this. Money is the root of all evil. I've heard that statement all my life.
metal

Somerset, KY

#27 Sep 26, 2011
I know that Byron kicked his but for pulling a gun on a teenager several weeks ago. The dude just couldent handel getting his ars handed to him by a small guy. I also know enouph to know you dont mess with the Johnsons like that. He better pray they keep him in jail and pray he never meats one of them on the inside.
My Goodness

Lexington, KY

#28 Sep 26, 2011
Metal, your spelling is awful. You need to go back to school and learn your sounds.
say what

Langley, KY

#29 Sep 26, 2011
metal wrote:
I know that Byron kicked his but for pulling a gun on a teenager several weeks ago. The dude just couldent handel getting his ars handed to him by a small guy. I also know enouph to know you dont mess with the Johnsons like that. He better pray they keep him in jail and pray he never meats one of them on the inside.
Sounds to me like someone did mess with the johnsons and that you dont mess with him. As for them being on the inside thats where most of them end up there or dead,noone deserves to die but you cant be bullied threatened and tormented either. praying for both families.
what happened

Whiting, IN

#30 Sep 26, 2011
as I said before who went to Hazard and got byron?
so sad

United States

#31 Sep 26, 2011
our world in in a terrible state right now, pray for us all, ..... we all need help. the craziness is getting closer and closer to home and worse everyday...
concerned

London, KY

#32 Sep 26, 2011
If this is all true...If this is how you truly feel and you know what state of mind this mad was and had been in then the right thing to do is to go to the police and tell them his mental state. A man's life is on the line. I wasn't there, but this man said he was only stopping to check on George and Byron came out and told him he was going to kill him. He feared for his life and people are saying on here that he was a danger to others. Bobby needs your support. This old man is going to have to spend the rest of his life in prison if someone doesnt come forward and tell the truth about the matter. Save Bobby and Punish the family that you speak of for the injustice done to Byron.
HEARTBROKEN wrote:
From age 3 Byron called me Mommie,because our Mommie was sick.I quit school to raise him and our brother.I have just returned home to Mt.Washington after spending a week down there trying to get him some help.My sister stayed for 2 weeks trying to do the same thing.We both made calls to the state police to try to get them out there.They were called early in the day the day he died.The so called FAMILY,he lived with,ran off to Indiana leaving him alone knowing how badly he needed help.NOW they can stop running.The hurt and torment he felt is all over now.Byron was a very ill man and needed professional help,in the worst of ways.He didn't need to die.Thanks to those who tried to help and the ones of you that ran and you know who i'm speaking of can stop running.There is no harm in him now. HIS LOVING SISTER EVA
Mia

Lexington, KY

#33 Sep 26, 2011
Amen, you are right! I believe in the old fashion truth, Two wrongs doesn't make a right.
lily

Lexington, KY

#34 Sep 27, 2011
I have a family member who has a mental illness. We tried to get help for he/she but never was able to. We spoke with Comp-Care, law officials and medical officials and even called Oakwood and they all told us the same thing. The person had to sign themselves in or they had to ask for help also they had to be a threat to themselves(hurting themselves/ hurting someone else) before they could become involved. The mentally ill have rights also. Finally, by the grace of God my family member was admitted to a nursing home and is getting proper medicine for the condition. This person had to be declared incom. by a court of law and was assigned a legal guardian. You can not force someone to get help-they must want to or let the court system handle it.
Becky- florida

Clearwater, FL

#35 Sep 27, 2011
wonders wrote:
I wonder why such a good man as Bobby Hazelwood, has to go through something like this. I have known of this set of Johnsons all my lives and they have always been into some kind of trouble. Mr. Hazelwood, I have also known all my life, has never caused any kind of trouble. There is more to this story than what is being told. They have to be more. Mr. Hazelwood would had to of been provoked in someway.
This set of Johnsons as you call them, you don't know them at all!!They are full of loving, caring, decent people who don't go looking for trouble, just want to be left alone to live thier lives with family. But because of remarks like yours people go looking for them on thier own property. Nobody is perfect, so i doubt Mr. Hazelwood is without sin. it's the quiet sneeky ones you have to beware of. it's sad that two families had to be dealt this horrible tragedy. Every family has problems, but my Uncle has two loving sisters who have never hurt a fly,never always been in some kind of trouble being the set of Johnsons that they are, they are grieving and missing thier little brother. For someone to be so nice and good, four shots tells a different story. His sisters tried to get help, but it fell on deaf ears. Byron had a heart of gold and had to deal with comments like yours all his life. unfortunatly the ones closest to him let him down, he was such a trusting person. R.I.P. Uncle Byron, i know Grandma is giving you one of her great hugs and taking your pain away.
concerned

London, KY

#36 Sep 27, 2011
Please if you know Mr. Hazelwood and you know the state of mind that Byron was in go to the police or the DA and make a statement. Ask others who know of his beatings and state of mind to come forward also. If you don't come forward it will be on your conscience if Mr. Hazelwood has to spend the rest of his life in prison. If you don't come forward now, once the everything is over there will be nothing left to do but feel bad that he had to go to jail over it all. Let them know that Byron had been beating up family and threatening to kill people. Mr. Hazelwood says that he only stopped to check on George because Byron had been beating up on him in weeks past and that Byron said he was going to kill him. What you are saying and what he is saying matches up. If you know this to be true, just sign an affidavit saying so. Go to his family and tell them you are willing to sign an affidavit stating so. It's sad that Byron was killed in this manner and has been taken from his family, but it would be a tragedy for Mr. Hazelwood to be taken away from his family and his son who has Downs Syndrome. That boy will be devastated if his dad is missing from his life. With his disability he will not understand what is going on and why his father is gone. It's a sad tragic thing that is devastating two families. Everyone hates to get involved in things, but there are times in life when we need to stand up and do the right thing. I hope that the people/family on here who are posting on here will do the right thing in this situation. You weren't able to make a differnce for Byron while he was living despite your best efforts, you still have an opportunity to save another mans life. I hope you will take the opportunity you have and use it.
cousin wrote:
I guess you are just listening to one side of the story.were you there if not you are only judging and making up your own story. do you know the background do you know these men personally if you did you would know byron was looking for trouble hurting his own family beating them. destroying his and others property threatening harm to other people. running people out of the road driving drunk threatening to kill people. I think you should wait to the facts come out to be so judgemental. i am related to byron and when he was not on one of his rampages he was a good man but when he went on one of his rampages he was a danger to himself and to others. i saw this coming it was just a matter of time he needed help he was crying out for help but noone would listen everyone that knew him is responsible he should have been in treatment i feel for the family and their loss but they need to tell the truth before more trouble. as for mr hazelwood he was not an aggressive person would help if you needed it he did not go looking for trouble and when the true facts are told you will see it was self defense. I am sorry if you do not like what i say i am only telling what i know.
Are You Kidding

Clarksville, TN

#37 Sep 27, 2011
I do not know that either of these men personnally, but I have had dealings Johnson. I am the reason he was arrested for DUI. He about ran my wife, myself and our 5 month old son off the road on climax road the day he was arrested by trying to pass us going into a blind curve. If I was not paying attention, we would have ended up in the ditch. We called 911 on him because he about went the road three times before getting to the bottom of big hill. I had to talk my wife out of getting out of the vehicle and going after him. When we seen the state police had pulled him over in Richmond, we stopped and made a statement to the tropper about what had happened. I do not think he should have been let out of jail then. If there were all these other complaints against him, from his own family no less, something should have been done then. This could have easily been prevented. No one deserves to be shot, expecially in front of their family. This man needed a lot of help, and apparently he did not get what he needed.
Neighbor

United States

#38 Sep 27, 2011
I am a friend and neighbor of the Johnson family. I just left Byron's memorial service. It was in the yard in front of his and Tiny's home. Byron is in a small cedar box.

Byron Johnson was always good and kind to me and my family. I don't know why that happened, happened. I just know that no man deserves to be gunned down. Does not matter if the men had bad blood between them, happens to the best of us.

People, stop being cruel.
Neighbor

United States

#39 Sep 27, 2011
And you "what happened, Willowbrook, IL" Byron has not been in an F**cking mental hospital in Hazard, Kentucky.. He has been living here in Climax, KY for quite a few years, interacting with his neighbors, Just being a good man. GET a F**KING Life!.
Jes wondering

Pella, IA

#40 Sep 27, 2011
Stan and how many sons are out their ?I think it is 5 buried beside their father after this one and all have been killed and that is sad and almost a curse if you see it as i do..I hate to hear anyone has been killed and i also hate to think of another family in trouble too..I send up prayers for all..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Peter stain 149,568
Source HOV background checks 15 hr Applied 1
Kailey Grace Lovell Fri SchoolM8 7
i p adresses shared and posted Fri Neighbor is a hyp... 18
Pegs food mart Fri Citizen 4
RCHS Football (Oct '15) Fri Pig head 35
Gary hasty and cierra bailey back together Thu Hillary 3

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages