Next Last
lala

Bolivar, MO

#1 Jul 15, 2009
anyone?
thinks

Eubank, KY

#2 Jul 15, 2009
i think its August 3rd thru August 8th. You can google Little World's Fair and it will give you the information.
know

Pella, IA

#3 Jul 16, 2009
Yes it is the 3rd through the 8th. Just not for sure what events are when.
righton

Eubank, KY

#4 Jul 16, 2009
who cares they never have nothing no way.
yes mam

Somerset, KY

#5 Jul 16, 2009
brodhead fair sucks a$$
its all just a rip off and a way to get druggies together.
BVFD

United States

#6 Jul 16, 2009
this should be what you need

http://www.brodheadfiredept.com/id1.html
champion of causes

Bolivar, MO

#7 Jul 16, 2009
The lineup looks better than it has in years. Horse show, music, truckpull, demo derby, mud run. At least it is not the same thing every night. Kudos to whomever did the program. I will attend.
Watcher

Pella, IA

#8 Jul 16, 2009
The schedule does look pretty cool. I might have to venture out of the holler and take a look see. ;-)
Wonderer

Mount Vernon, KY

#9 Jul 16, 2009
righton wrote:
who cares they never have nothing no way.
Wow, a double negative...you must really dislike Brodhead.
champion of causes

Bolivar, MO

#10 Jul 16, 2009
Kinda reminds me of the other night at the Lincoln County fair when the woman in front of me at the truck pull I was dragged to answered a question with, "They mighta did". I looked around and at my partner who the answer was directed to and did not even see a flinch. I flinched for both of us.
mitch raines

New Braunfels, TX

#11 Jul 16, 2009
I used to love the fair....we would go everyday and stay for hours. It was so much fun! I would take my brothers and sisters and we would just stay and close it down....what a happy time.
yes mam

Somerset, KY

#12 Jul 17, 2009
sucks. The one word that I can use to describe the brodhead fair!
mitch raines

New Braunfels, TX

#13 Jul 17, 2009
Well in my day it was the place to go! We looked forward to it every year. I wish we could post pictures...I have some of me and my friends at the fair. We would go in the morning and stay until it closed. They had that ride....oh I think it was called the Hammerhead....I swear the first time I rode that I thought I was going to die! My friends got a big laugh as I was throwing up in the bushes!

At night they would have the horse show and that was always so exciting to me! I guess its what you make it. Of course back then things were simplier.

I was fresh off the farm. Never drank, never smoked, never been laid....so naive....wasn't so bad...It didn't take that much to make us happy then.
loving

London, KY

#14 Jul 17, 2009
yes mam wrote:
sucks. The one word that I can use to describe the brodhead fair!
well i dont know how it is now because it has been years since i have been,but i know when i was very young my dad took me my sister and my youngest brother on a day what they call dime day i can remember they had it on tuesday and thursday on monday nights it was get in free night so we all would go that night to.then we always went the last night of it on saturday and be there until it closed. my dad and mom and all of us would watch the horse shows. i remember one year i got on this ride called the round up you stood up in it and it just went around and around and i never got so sick in my life. i said lord help me i will never get on that ride again and i never did. when fair time rolled around every year that was the best time of our life because back then you really didnt get to do much,and we loved it which that has been a pretty long time because i am 50 years old now.but through out my childhood and teenage years we always look forward to going to the brodhead fair.
champion of causes

Somerset, KY

#15 Jul 17, 2009
I know the fair is not so great when you grow up. This new generation is so selfish that they cannot see how their parents contributed to the fun of the fair by not saying how stupid it is. Kids do not know how it used to be. It is up to the new parents and grandparents to let the children enjoy what there is. Watch them have fun and do not pick it apart in front of the kids. It is not in children's nature to complain and whine. It is learned from the parents and role models. Make this year a new beginning. Take the kids to the fair, tell them how wonderful it is and let it be wonderful.
mitch raines

New Braunfels, TX

#16 Jul 17, 2009
I know everything now is computer or some kind of gadget...these kids of today really don't know what they are missing. They probably think we are a bunch of old foggies...and maybe we are, but I am an old foggie with fond memories as a kid. I remember one day my mother sent us in white jeans and navy blue shirts...as I think of it that was kind of crazy, but anyway by the time she came back for us, we were trashed and sicker than dogs....we had eaten so much junk...hotdogs, and cotton candy...and god only knows what else....our pants were black! She didn't care...good times and good memories.
PotBelly

Somerset, KY

#17 Jul 18, 2009
I try to help the local fire department put on the fair every year. I go to some of the meetings to organize it, and I try to help advertise it as much as I can, and it really helps to see the folks that really do share the good memories of the fair. I don't know what the problem is, it seems that you could bring in the best rides possible, and have the best events possible, and no one would like say anything positive about it.
mitch raines

New Braunfels, TX

#18 Jul 18, 2009
PotBelly wrote:
I try to help the local fire department put on the fair every year. I go to some of the meetings to organize it, and I try to help advertise it as much as I can, and it really helps to see the folks that really do share the good memories of the fair. I don't know what the problem is, it seems that you could bring in the best rides possible, and have the best events possible, and no one would like say anything positive about it.
Well we need to have party just for you guys! Put up banners across the streets have fireworks, everything. You have given more fond memories to all of us than you could possibly know. As a kid I went every year and looked so forward to it.

thank you a million times for your hard work and dedication.
champion of causes

London, KY

#19 Jul 21, 2009
Hey Mitch, I think I remember you in those white pants.
mitch raines

New Braunfels, TX

#20 Jul 22, 2009
champion of causes wrote:
Hey Mitch, I think I remember you in those white pants.
lol, thats funny....yea I thought I looked good, white bell bottom jeans and a navy blue shirt...dang I was trashed by the end of the night but I started out looking good! Those were fun times. You know how mothers are, mine would dress us alike...so we all went in white but different shirts...did you know my sister Stephanie? she was a cheerleader at Livingston...
anyway good memories!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sabrina Hensley 2 hr The Real Yeti 28
Rockcastle County Sheriff's Office (Dec '10) 4 hr fed up 54
Nicholas Alcorn & Sabrina Bowles (Sep '14) 6 hr Wow 2
spit or swallow 9 hr Gloria 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 hr CriminalForever 159,501
Hardee's 10 hr Believe it 3
martha vs kayla 14 hr bigballs 19

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages