NACCO shutting down??
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

#1 Nov 3, 2008
Has anyone heard anything about NACCO closing? They are shutting done part of paint and didnt know what else they were gonna do.

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Nov 3, 2008
It could happen.

#3 Nov 3, 2008
my fiance works there and he came home said they had a big meeting, done a count of everything in the factory and fired all the temperaries. so I dont know. The economy is bad and no new orders for trucks are coming in.

Fitzgerald, GA

#4 Nov 3, 2008
it does look pretty sad .

#5 Nov 3, 2008
yeah, i dont know where all these people are gonna go. and alot of them are rockcastle people!

Flemingsburg, KY

#6 Nov 3, 2008
And madison ,pulaski this will hurt
get the facts

London, KY

#7 Nov 3, 2008
NACCO is not shutting down...get the fact straight people. They have let go most of their temps because production has slowed due to the economy. This doesn't mean that they are closing their doors. NACCO usually slows down this time of year anyway.

Redmond, WA

#8 Nov 3, 2008
yes it is slow at nacco. and yes a few full timers might have to take a few months off. but hopefully by spring they will be back and everyting will be fine. bussiness are hurting everywhere we just need to hang on the next few months. who really knows whats going to happen??

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Nov 4, 2008
its the whole economy thats hurting now and we are just really beginnin to feel the impact of it...Tokico let all there temps go as well. i heard some shock lines in the back havent run in a few months . i seen on the news last night all car sales are down so that means so is there production..If u get temp. layoff take ya unemployement check and enjoy the time off with your familys....There is allways jobs, might not be exactley what ya want but there is jobs out there.

Redmond, WA

#10 Nov 4, 2008
nacco`s 3 big buyers are ford gm and lowes.

Granbury, TX

#11 Nov 4, 2008
no good

Flemingsburg, KY

#12 Nov 4, 2008
it sounds cooked

Somerset, KY

#13 Nov 4, 2008

United States

#14 Nov 4, 2008
All that is going on right now is the Temps got laid off except for a few that where needed and nothing else except rumors! Nacco is struggling right now and thing's could change for the worse. The plant is doing good and has been doing good for the past few months better than most places.

Dahlonega, GA

#15 Nov 4, 2008
yes nacco will be closing its doors dec 14

Berea, KY

#16 Nov 4, 2008
Nacco has well over 1000 employees...not 550...?

Redmond, WA

#17 Nov 4, 2008
perry where did you get your info? 12-14-08 is a sunday.

London, KY

#18 Nov 5, 2008
I don't know , but my father in law works there , he was in the meeting , and has not heard a thing about them closing. They do close in Dec for shut down , have done this for years . I am unsure they are actually closing but they did lay off the temps , some had onlybeen there about 2 weeks and then get told they have to go. This is all I know.
meadow soprano

#19 Nov 7, 2008
Ok some of yall obviously work there but the person from OH how do you know whats going on here? we're in Ky. They just said on Thursday that they are laying off 125 full time employees. They have already laid off all temps. they do shut down in dec. but as far as shutting their doors i dont think so.

Albinea, Italy

#20 Mar 26, 2011
Nacco shutted down

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min North Mountain 155,013
Cassidy Ramsey 7 hr Yeah buddy 4
lesbians round here??? 10 hr dirk 16
Charles Marlow Mon wonder 2
tyler sizemore (Nov '14) Mon mrs sizemore 6
Renfro Mon missUshelia 9
Robby Newcomb Mon dirty trucker 23

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages