jail
#1 Aug 16, 2012
Why when you goto jail in this county do you get to look like you belong on the street in your street clothes? Or if you stay for a while you wear sweat pants! Our jail is the laugh of the state!!! I vote we bring back the stripes or even orange jump suits! Make them look like they are in jail for the publics sake if they get out! And let the work release wear them do you know who they are in the court house
Ohh

Somerset, KY

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Like we don't have enough other crap to worry about in this sh,t.y little town !!!! They're not hurting you are they ?
miller

United States

#3 Aug 19, 2012
They could put more of them to work saving money for the county. Make someone not want to be in jail and they might not come back and that would save us money because we wouldn't be paying to feed and house them!
guess what

Somerset, KY

#4 Aug 21, 2012
who do you think would pay for all those stripes??? Taxpayers sweetie. Right now the families of those inmates spend a pretty penny to supply all their clothing needs, all their shampoo, soap, toothpaste and anything else they need. It cant be just anything either. My aunt has spent a fortune on these things. My cousin has sworn on things that go on there too. The ONLY thing the jail does is give them a l i t t l e bite to eat and a place to sleep. They're still very hungry(dont that make you happy?)and unless someone brings them ALOT of money to keep on their spending account, they dont get anything but water from the back of the toilet.SO, in other words, where does the money go? As for putting more on work release..HA!! How do you think drugs get back into the jail? Work release is doing nothing but knocking people on the outside out of jobs. The inmates LOVE work release. It gets them out of jail, and many times, a few other perks too. I know these things to be FACT and so does the employees. That jail is so crooked,but as long as no one sees it-it's a 5 star I guess.
dude

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2012
guess what wrote:
who do you think would pay for all those stripes??? Taxpayers sweetie. Right now the families of those inmates spend a pretty penny to supply all their clothing needs, all their shampoo, soap, toothpaste and anything else they need. It cant be just anything either. My aunt has spent a fortune on these things. My cousin has sworn on things that go on there too. The ONLY thing the jail does is give them a l i t t l e bite to eat and a place to sleep. They're still very hungry(dont that make you happy?)and unless someone brings them ALOT of money to keep on their spending account, they dont get anything but water from the back of the toilet.SO, in other words, where does the money go? As for putting more on work release..HA!! How do you think drugs get back into the jail? Work release is doing nothing but knocking people on the outside out of jobs. The inmates LOVE work release. It gets them out of jail, and many times, a few other perks too. I know these things to be FACT and so does the employees. That jail is so crooked,but as long as no one sees it-it's a 5 star I guess.

That's exactly what they deserve!!!! They're all in there for a reason, they're criminals!! They are lucky they get a little bit to eat and drink. Most of those pathitic druggies don't deserve to live. If someone I knew was in there there is no way in H#LL I would waste my money to pay there expenses. If it were up to me i'd lock them up and let them starve and die. I hate druggies and criminals, and hate the fact my tax dollars go to feed those sorry people.
Ohh

London, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2012
Dude would you still say this if one of yours was in there ? And never say yours will ever be in there !!! They're prob hiding an snorting as we speak !!! Never say never it happens to the best of families !!!
dude

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2012
Ohh wrote:
Dude would you still say this if one of yours was in there ? And never say yours will ever be in there !!! They're prob hiding an snorting as we speak !!! Never say never it happens to the best of families !!!
Yes would still say thisif one of mine was in there.
wow

Lyons, IL

#8 Aug 22, 2012
Dude, wow is all I got to say to you. While I agree that criminals need no special treatment, there should be a place for those addicted to go and get help, in a REHAB not in jail. Until society realizes that drug addiction is a DISEASE, there will always be a stigma attached to these people.
Jackazz

London, KY

#9 Aug 22, 2012
You probaly never earned a tax dollar , you are like everyone in this place ( selling pills $
Judge YOU

United States

#10 Aug 22, 2012
dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what they deserve!!!! They're all in there for a reason, they're criminals!! They are lucky they get a little bit to eat and drink. Most of those pathitic druggies don't deserve to live. If someone I knew was in there there is no way in H#LL I would waste my money to pay there expenses. If it were up to me i'd lock them up and let them starve and die. I hate druggies and criminals, and hate the fact my tax dollars go to feed those sorry people.
This sounds like a local judge I used to hobb knob with...didn't agree then, just kept my mouth shut and don't agree now. But I know who you are......
Crazy

London, KY

#11 Aug 22, 2012
Well this I what I think if they would put them in strips and ball and chain them like they use to there would be alot less crime in the world. Make them work on the road with there strips and chains on. We are paying for them to have a free ride not having to pay for anything they have food a bed to lay down cable tv and who knows what else. Sure there will always be crime intill the Lord comes back to get us. But if they had to work because of there crime I think there would be alot less going on.
dude

Sarasota, FL

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Judge YOU wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like a local judge I used to hobb knob with...didn't agree then, just kept my mouth shut and don't agree now. But I know who you are......
Nope not a judge. Just a local life long citizan who is feed up with this towns low life white trash. I hope everyone's visit to the RCDC is as bad an horrible. They certainly don't care about the people they hurt, why should I care about them.
KCY

London, KY

#13 Aug 23, 2012
wow wrote:
Dude, wow is all I got to say to you. While I agree that criminals need no special treatment, there should be a place for those addicted to go and get help, in a REHAB not in jail. Until society realizes that drug addiction is a DISEASE, there will always be a stigma attached to these people.
What planet are you living on? Drug addiction IS NOT a disease, The people who take drugs always want you to somehow believe they are just afflicted with a disease. Drug users are that way by choice, they choose to take a substance into their body knowing the results would be negative in the long term. I DONíT FEEL SORRY FOR THEM. Jail is where they belong, and yes they should have to do HARD LABOR. These people might think twice about putting something into their body if they knew jail was a bad place instead of a vacation. I say again drug addiction IS NOT A DISEASE and anyone who says it is only showing their ignorance of what made the person an addict. The only correlation to a disease is the effect on the body like some diseases only this is self inflected.
Counsler

Canton, NC

#14 Aug 23, 2012
KCY wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you living on? Drug addiction IS NOT a disease, The people who take drugs always want you to somehow believe they are just afflicted with a disease. Drug users are that way by choice, they choose to take a substance into their body knowing the results would be negative in the long term. I DONíT FEEL SORRY FOR THEM. Jail is where they belong, and yes they should have to do HARD LABOR. These people might think twice about putting something into their body if they knew jail was a bad place instead of a vacation. I say again drug addiction IS NOT A DISEASE and anyone who says it is only showing their ignorance of what made the person an addict. The only correlation to a disease is the effect on the body like some diseases only this is self inflected.
I admire anyone who rid's his/her self of addiction.

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.Addiction should never be treated as a crime, it must be treated as a health problem. Over 500,000 people in our jail system are nonviolent alcohol/drug users.

Marijuana is a much bigger part of American addiction problem than most folks realize. I work with a someone who has been with company 15+years, they are supervisor and next to plant manager However smokes a joint when she get's up, on the way to work, on lunch and on the way home. She's professional, and a user SO should she be in jail...? NO.....But I will say the drugs are much more fericious than they used to be.
u need to know

Somerset, KY

#15 Aug 24, 2012
Dude..you ask why you should care about them. Probably because at some point in your life someone cared about you or you wouldnt be where you are today, for one. Another reason, Jesus Christ loves YOU, and although you are not perfect, he still chose to DIE for you, and he didnt "SUGGEST" in his word that we love one another as He did, but he "COMMANDED" it. Now, I used to have some pretty bitter feelings toward drug addiction, until it came to my doorstep and thats when I realized that I didnt know what I thought I did about addiction. This is a MONSTER, and nothing short of the worst evil spirit that could overtake a human being, and yes, even a good christian person can become an addict. It happens every day. Its not an intentional thing. No one sets out to become an addict. If you believe that, then you're crazier than any of them are. But once you're overtaken by addiction, it steals every part of your mind. The devil takes pure ownership of your mind. You no longer HAVE THE ABILITY to care for your kids, yourself, your job, your finances or anything that you once loved and cared about. The only thing Satan makes you care about is where & how you will get your next high---only by then, it's not a high. By then, its just your survival. No one may even know by this time that you're addicted to anything, because you're only doing it to be normal. You have to have it to function. There is no high to it. Theres many doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, social workers, insurance salesmen and others from all walks of life who are addicts that no one has any idea about. Why? Because, they appear normal. Eventually, most addicts get to a point that they can no longer AFFORD to feed their habit. Some have enough money, or some good enablers, that they never get to that point. These are the ones that you dont see thieving. Either that, or they are dealing themselves. Dude, I pray you never have to see this first hand, but you or anyone else who thinks it cant happen to you, just remember, all it could take is one bad accident and being in the hospital on pain meds that you have to be on, and your body's response to them could cause you a life long dependence. God has a way of humbling the proud. He sure worked on me. Its not always a choice we make. The next time you start to judge an addict, please take a moment to thank God it isnt you and pray that you can see these people through His eyes and not your own.
Wow

Whiting, IN

#16 Aug 26, 2012
u need to know wrote:
Dude..you ask why you should care about them. Probably because at some point in your life someone cared about you or you wouldnt be where you are today, for one. Another reason, Jesus Christ loves YOU, and although you are not perfect, he still chose to DIE for you, and he didnt "SUGGEST" in his word that we love one another as He did, but he "COMMANDED" it. Now, I used to have some pretty bitter feelings toward drug addiction, until it came to my doorstep and thats when I realized that I didnt know what I thought I did about addiction. This is a MONSTER, and nothing short of the worst evil spirit that could overtake a human being, and yes, even a good christian person can become an addict. It happens every day. Its not an intentional thing. No one sets out to become an addict. If you believe that, then you're crazier than any of them are. But once you're overtaken by addiction, it steals every part of your mind. The devil takes pure ownership of your mind. You no longer HAVE THE ABILITY to care for your kids, yourself, your job, your finances or anything that you once loved and cared about. The only thing Satan makes you care about is where & how you will get your next high---only by then, it's not a high. By then, its just your survival. No one may even know by this time that you're addicted to anything, because you're only doing it to be normal. You have to have it to function. There is no high to it. Theres many doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, social workers, insurance salesmen and others from all walks of life who are addicts that no one has any idea about. Why? Because, they appear normal. Eventually, most addicts get to a point that they can no longer AFFORD to feed their habit. Some have enough money, or some good enablers, that they never get to that point. These are the ones that you dont see thieving. Either that, or they are dealing themselves. Dude, I pray you never have to see this first hand, but you or anyone else who thinks it cant happen to you, just remember, all it could take is one bad accident and being in the hospital on pain meds that you have to be on, and your body's response to them could cause you a life long dependence. God has a way of humbling the proud. He sure worked on me. Its not always a choice we make. The next time you start to judge an addict, please take a moment to thank God it isnt you and pray that you can see these people through His eyes and not your own.
You are so correct! Well spoken my friend....
dude

United States

#17 Aug 27, 2012
u need to know wrote:
I printed this went to the toilet. Took a big nasty sh*t and used it as my TP. Thanks.
Mee

London, KY

#18 Aug 27, 2012
Dude I think you shoul be wearing stripes or maybe a straight jacket , smart azz !!!!!
122513 duh

London, KY

#19 Aug 30, 2012
Mee wrote:
Dude I think you shoul be wearing stripes or maybe a straight jacket , smart azz !!!!!
Think of the person u love the most in the world....Imagine they showed up on ur door step asking for help because they had something horrifying happen to them and turned to drugs to numb the pain. Or they got put on them from a doc for health reason and became addicted...no matter how they became an addict would u throw ur loved one that u love and admire so dearly in a jail cell with a ball and chain to die???? SAY WHAT U WANT BUT COME DOWN TO IT U WOULD NOT!!! I will pray for you cold nasty bitter heart! God bless you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
biggest c**k in Rockcastle (Mar '13) 1 hr pipi 24
Anitia Adams cheated om Chad Maffey 2 hr Curious 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr realigios freedom 163,802
Sabrina hensley 3 hr Regina 40
dustin day (Jan '12) 10 hr Dirty trucker 6
Please help a single mother 16 hr Mhfd 7
Hammonds bugs 22 hr Alpha1 2

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages