Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147278 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#86357 Aug 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I say that the term "legitimate rape" is not a valid term, but the term "legitimate accusation" is valid
Your point is clear and who could disagree?
By another angle, who would legitimize rape? Oh, wait - I think you've mentioned the Old Testament.
On a similar note, how can one be arrested on the sole charge of "resisting arrest", especially "without violence"?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86358 Aug 26, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance in hell!!!! Maybe when you grow up someone will.
Thank you, for your kind and mature post, Good Day.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86359 Aug 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It is your BEHAVIOR that determines if you are a good person, not your beliefs. Are these good christians you speak of the same ones who protested blacks in public schools, condemned the unmarried woman for having a child, crossed the street to avoid the homeless person?
I could go on, but the point is that while they are nice to each other they close ranks to strangers and judge/condemn people. Here is the thing, I have encountered church people in many cities and they are all the same, every single one of them
Yep.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86360 Aug 26, 2012
If you are "a moral person" because of the threat of Hell than you are NOT a moral person, rather you are a coward that responds well to threats

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86361 Aug 26, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is clear and who could disagree?
By another angle, who would legitimize rape? Oh, wait - I think you've mentioned the Old Testament.
On a similar note, how can one be arrested on the sole charge of "resisting arrest", especially "without violence"?
Good question, since no one WANTS to be arrested is not every arrest with non violent resistance?
There are so many untrue accusations of rape that some one whom is actually raped may not even report it for fear of being ridiculed. If on a jury where a woman killed her rapist I would hold for a not guilty verdict (I have a daughter)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#86363 Aug 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
If you are "a moral person" because of the threat of Hell than you are NOT a moral person, rather you are a coward that responds well to threats
Agreed and I have been saying this in a different way for a long time...

A person that does the Honorable thing Only because of Personal gain and reward or because of threat of punishment is not an Honorable person... The basic construct of Honor is doing the right thing when no one is watching and no thought of anyone ever knowing...
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86364 Aug 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed and I have been saying this in a different way for a long time...
A person that does the Honorable thing Only because of Personal gain and reward or because of threat of punishment is not an Honorable person... The basic construct of Honor is doing the right thing when no one is watching and no thought of anyone ever knowing...
Believe it or not, many Christians do the "right thing when no one is watching and with no thought of anyone ever knowing". I actually agree with you. If you do it for personal gain or reward or are afraid of punishment if you don't do it, you are not a honorable person.

I think it would be difficult to do the "right" thing when you are full of hatred and are judgmental of those around you.
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86365 Aug 26, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, for your kind and mature post, Good Day.
Thank you sir. You also have a good day!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86366 Aug 26, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, many Christians do the "right thing when no one is watching and with no thought of anyone ever knowing". I actually agree with you. If you do it for personal gain or reward or are afraid of punishment if you don't do it, you are not a honorable person.
"I think it would be difficult to do the "right" thing when you are full of hatred and are judgmental of those around you."
And we know who the hate filled people are by the protest against other people, like the christians protesting because they hate gay people, and the christians protesting because they hate black people, like the christians protesting because they hate single mothers, etc....
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86367 Aug 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
And we know who the hate filled people are by the protest against other people, like the christians protesting because they hate gay people, and the christians protesting because they hate black people, like the christians protesting because they hate single mothers, etc....
Actually Satanic Priest, I truly believe people like you are the ones who are hate filled. You are the one vehemently protesting Christians. I have stated before that I am sure there are people who may claim they are Christians who hate all of those you mentioned, but I can assure you that I do not and the people I know do not.

If anyone is full of hate and judges people, it would have to be you. You constantly degrade and judge ALL Christians. I really pity you.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86368 Aug 26, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Satanic Priest, I truly believe people like you are the ones who are hate filled. You are the one vehemently protesting Christians. I have stated before that I am sure there are people who may claim they are Christians who hate all of those you mentioned, but I can assure you that I do not and the people I know do not.
If anyone is full of hate and judges people, it would have to be you. You constantly degrade and judge ALL Christians. I really pity you.
By your reasoning the man that protects his home from the robber is the criminal.
I DEFEND against the christian cult trying to push their cult on to others, I DEFEND against the christian cult trying to make their beliefs law.
I have never heard of Satanist burning christians alive, and no war was started in Satans name. It is always the christian cult JUDGING AND CONDEMNING PEOPLE, it is always the "good church people" looking down their nose at others.
There is a difference between hating any one different and standing up and telling the bullies that I will not take their crap!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86369 Aug 26, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I have stated several times that I have respect for christians that TRY to live by their christ teaching, you must have missed that. Can you be honest with yourself? If so read Matthew 25:32-45 and see if you live by the words of christ.(I bet you fall short)

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86370 Aug 26, 2012
@ areyoukidding, the most judgmental people on earth are the members of the christian cult. You freaks judge any one who is not a christian to be bad and evil (while you are the ones who have committed the most evil through out history), the muslims pray five times a day yet they are not christians so you condemn them, the pagans live as the earth is mother and the animals are friends yet you LIE and claim we kill them for sacrifice WHEN IT IS YOUR GOD THAT DEMANDED SUCH EVIL! You condemn people for your own guilt.
Ever tell some one they live in sin? You where judging them!
In the immortal words of LOL in a suit "blow me"

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86371 Aug 26, 2012
@areyoukidding
For the record, when you are told to keep your beliefs to yourself and do not push them on others it is not an attack against you it is telling you that your rights end where my rights begin.
However, trying to force others to join your sick evil cult is an attack against their FREEDOM to be FREE from your religion!
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86372 Aug 27, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>By your reasoning the man that protects his home from the robber is the criminal.
I DEFEND against the christian cult trying to push their cult on to others, I DEFEND against the christian cult trying to make their beliefs law.
I have never heard of Satanist burning christians alive, and no war was started in Satans name. It is always the christian cult JUDGING AND CONDEMNING PEOPLE, it is always the "good church people" looking down their nose at others.
There is a difference between hating any one different and standing up and telling the bullies that I will not take their crap!
Can't you see that you are the one "JUDGING AND CONDEMNING PEOPLE"? You state again "it is always the good church people looking down their nose at others". It is not ALWAYS church people. I try to keep telling you that not "all" church people do that. Obviously the ones you have been around did or at least you perceived they did. People who are not affiliated with any church can also look down their noses at others.
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86373 Aug 27, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I have stated several times that I have respect for christians that TRY to live by their christ teaching, you must have missed that. Can you be honest with yourself? If so read Matthew 25:32-45 and see if you live by the words of christ.(I bet you fall short)
You "bet" I fall short. How dare you judge me!
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86374 Aug 27, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
@ areyoukidding, the most judgmental people on earth are the members of the christian cult. You freaks judge any one who is not a christian to be bad and evil (while you are the ones who have committed the most evil through out history), the muslims pray five times a day yet they are not christians so you condemn them, the pagans live as the earth is mother and the animals are friends yet you LIE and claim we kill them for sacrifice WHEN IT IS YOUR GOD THAT DEMANDED SUCH EVIL! You condemn people for your own guilt.
Ever tell some one they live in sin? You where judging them!
In the immortal words of LOL in a suit "blow me"
You need to see that you are doing everything you claim Christians do. All you do is condemn and judge.
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86375 Aug 27, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
@areyoukidding
For the record, when you are told to keep your beliefs to yourself and do not push them on others it is not an attack against you it is telling you that your rights end where my rights begin.
However, trying to force others to join your sick evil cult is an attack against their FREEDOM to be FREE from your religion!

I have not attempted to push anything on you. I just defend my beliefs. I have not nor will not ask you to "join" anything. Again, you refer to Christians as a "sick evil cult" and again I defend. The only reason I even comment on here regarding my beliefs is due to your constant bashing.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86376 Aug 27, 2012
I'm an agnostic atheist, to be technical about it. If you believe in God and have faith that's perfectly ok with me. It is only when you start making truth claims about the nature of the universe, pushing your religion into the schools, or attempting to coerce me into joining your group that I have a big problem.

Unfortunately there are a lot of Christian leaders who think it is their duty to do some or all of those things.

Defending your beliefs is perfectly ok unless by defending them you are arguing for truth claims about the world that are demonstrably false or highly unlikely to be true, like arguing that the Grand Canyon was caused in the Biblical flood story.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86377 Aug 27, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You "bet" I fall short. How dare you judge me!
How dare you how dare me.
I do not claim to live by your bible so yes, I judge you with out guilt.
As for your ten commandments they are in the OLD TESTAMENT so they no longer apply???
I admit to being human and having all the traits of humans, that is Satanism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Candi Laswell 5 hr Haha 1
Scottie mcferron 10 hr Amused 8
Taco bell 12 hr Curious 8
Scotty Hellard 12 hr dirty trucker 15
Nathan Gadd 14 hr HohoHoho 7
Katie Wilson (Sep '08) 17 hr ole rotting teeth 8
Drop a word......Add a word (Jul '10) 17 hr _Zoey_ 110
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages