Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149673 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#85800 Aug 18, 2012
Marquis wrote:
Simply put; Public Schools is NO place for religion. You want your child to go to a religious school, then put them in one of the many private schools in the county!
Agreed.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85801 Aug 18, 2012
Known fact wrote:
Jesus always spoke the truth whether it was popular or not. He thus provided an example that we should follow if we want to please God. 1 Peter 2:21
Which bible, jesus could possibly lie in one version or another.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85802 Aug 18, 2012
Lordy wrote:
Only wish the existing Religious would just simply keep their beliefs to themselves.I just get tired of the public fascination with Religions, when its the fvckin Mormons knocking on the door 8:30am to speak about what I should really consider for my beliefs. I'd really like to see this with Atheist. Those are the people that my door would fully open for. Christians scare me. Literally places me on a defensive stance - Like Police do when they look at your direction... burr Pop, pop givin' up shotz to tha double glock, glock
Oh, Lord Xenu dominates this Universe! You have to travel to the 9th dimension to free yourself from all spiritual claims. It's the truth.. it's in a book!!
Cross a mormon with an atheist and you get someone who knocks on your door for no apparent reason.

Red that somewhere.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85803 Aug 18, 2012
*Red* = Read

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85804 Aug 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Which bible, jesus could possibly lie in one version or another.
Now you're being unreasonable. If you had 370 years to write a book you could probably make the hero consistently honest, too.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85805 Aug 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're being unreasonable. If you had 370 years to write a book you could probably make the hero consistently honest, too.
Lol.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85807 Aug 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I am totally sorry!
I thought you were just being a Tard on purpose, now I see
it's not an act... you cannot help yourself!
The only flaw I had was thinking you could be helped!
I stand corrected!
you are a disgrace to so-called Christians. I wish that any decent Christian who reads your comments would quickly and openly and clearly repudiate you. Both on substance and on style, which are obvious, and on a good guess about your attitude and character, which are clearly implied by the totality of your comments.

If decent Christians would repudiate indecent Christians, and if other decent agnostic atheist real skeptic freethinker types like me would repudiate indecent atheists, then maybe there could be an interesting discussion between the decent persons on both sides of the religious issues. As it is, there is a four-way split, with the decent Christians woefully underrepresented on topix.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85808 Aug 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahaha!
Mike, Manners?
Hahahahaha!
you are the one with no manners. you should argue with Skeptic and lol in a suit on a separate forum for disgustingly obscene persons - segregated from the thoughtful and civil persons like Mike D and other thinking atheists, and also some very unobjectionable Christians (who are merely misguided and need to be educated about history, to overcome their unfortunate childhood indoctrination, but who are nice well-meaning persons in their character and personality).
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85809 Aug 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>So if someone does not follow your thinking, lol, hypocrite.
you are the one who insisted that your thinking is correct - when you wrote that there are are only atheists, theists and lukewarm types (I can find the comment and put it up to show you were the highhanded and arrogant one who insists on his thinking). You are the one who is the hypocrite, because it is OK with you if someone attacks yaa for obscene comments, but you scream foul when I attack you for obscene comments.

You must think you have some sort of good old boy atheists club, where you can go smoke cigars, drink port, tell dirty jokes, use obscene language, and mock anyone who does not agree with your edicts. You are about as highhanded as Skeptic - and obscene in a different way, but I am not ready yet to throw Freud and other thinkers on the subject of the origins of obscenity at you yet. It is tooo yukky a conversation.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85810 Aug 18, 2012
trusted wrote:
They say decisions make wealth. So I guess , I must have made the wrong ones...lol
No wealth is not measured by how much money you have, it is measured by family, health, love , and friendships, things that are sometimes hard to see and even harder to be thankful for at times. Wishing you are all very wealthy in this life and very well took care of in the next
I may wonder why God leads me certain places, and wonder why I feel alone , and then I realized he is not leading me maybe Satan is , and I just forgot to ask God to walk with me!!!
sorry, but may I ask you if you agree that a good Christian who wants to follow God and not Satan should not be obscene? and should not call persons "tards"? I tell atheists and believers alike that these are disgusting habits, and that there are decent Christians and also decent atheists who do not talk or write that way.

I also tell anyone who bothers to read my comments, that there are good persons who are atheists, and good persons who are Christians and other believers, and we should not be nasty and hostile to each other. We can disagree without hatred and hostility. I hope you agree with that. You are not at all like yaa, so far as I have seen. You sound well-meaning, even if I do not believe in your God or your idea of Satan. And there is no reason for me to be unfriendly to you, unless you tell me I am going to hell for disagreeing with your religion. Even then, if you wrote it in order to "save" me, according to your doctrine, you would be at least well-meaning in your intent.(Though some religious types seem to be bragging that they are saved and others are not, I do not think you are like that, from the tone of your comments).

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85811 Aug 18, 2012
I can't wait for Romney to visit Mexico and describe his religion being delivered by the Anglo Moronic.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85812 Aug 18, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you're gonna send a thank you note to the white house. Very nice. And the biggest moron on topix award goes to.....YAA. FOX NEWS for info. Dumbest thing ever said on these forums. Troops home with there families isn't a good thing? Just keep your head up Ayers and Murdoch's butts. People like you make your team look like the blithering idiots. Oh, still waiting on that pro judging scripture without the paraphrasing.
oops, I am obliged by consistency to object to your terminology (for one thing, the imagery is horrid!). That done, I think you mean Ailes, don't you, the head of Fox news, and a GOP operative? I think he and Murdoch are dreadful persons. You are a bit more vague that I would wish, but I think you refer to yaa's team as the rightwing extremists on both politics and religion. Romney and Ryan, maybe, and Karl Rove (who is rumored to be an atheist, in his private opinions, though I have no idea whether that is true or not - in any case, it is a warning not to think all atheists are good persons). what do you mean "look like"?(blithering idiots is a good generalizing third person insult phrase, not as impolite as saying Thou Fool! directly to someone. I do not advocate being so polite as to give up the term blithering idiots!)
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85813 Aug 18, 2012
Makka wrote:
<quoted text>DID Like your post's not so much NOW the arrogance in this Post is SICK.
so this is from lol, apparently, on someone else's computer, and an accidental use of another name? is that correct? what you mean is you liked my comments when I attacked obscene Chrsitians like yaa, but you do not like being attacked for being obscene yourself. the old double standard.

and the arrogant and sick person is yourself, and your comments prove it. Regarding sick, just read Freud so I do not have to discuss it, please! and as to arrogant, your comment telling folks I must be a theist if I contradict you is both arrogant and a false accusation.

much as I dislike obscene persons, especially when there is an element of hostility along with it, false accusers are immoral, and it is not merely a matter of preference for decent language when I call you a false accuser.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85814 Aug 18, 2012
Makka wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike your post to me, lol, just like a TrueBeliever†, good day.
so, if you are lol in a suit, as this post and your later comment seem to admit, you are sort of accusing me of being a True Believer (though in an underhanded and cowardly way, and not an outright straightforward lie - what are you, a rightwing nasty
Republican?). So you are a false accuser, as I have repeatedly accused you of being, in these past two or three days, based on your own comments, however sly you want to be in phrasing them, so as not to be caught and quoted asopenly saying what you seem to say!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85815 Aug 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Incase you missed it... The "&#^@^@@@^@", and other things in that post was specifically used to point out the Liberal ideas of tolerance... It's oK with "Most" of you to talk bad to the fundies...
BTW I like the word fundies, as I equate it with Jesus freaks...
Once I used to call Christians that same thing, and now...
I are one!
Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!
It is OK to strongly criticize fundies like you to talk bad. But do not include me in your false accusation that
"it's oK with "Most" of you to talk bad to the fundies..." I have been objecting to obscene words and phrases, whether they come from you or from atheists like skeptic and lol in a suit. you can read the attacks on me from lol, if you dispute that! I criticize him and you both, for the same sorts of things, regarding talking bad. Why don't you cease to talk bad, and set a better example of what it is to be a socalled Christian? Then you would have room to complain! Now you do not. You even are nasty to atheists who are not nasty to you. And why do you put "most" in ""?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85816 Aug 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
“the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”
Bull shiite, so you call jesus a liar.
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
this is an example of the type of nasty and obscene comment by lol in a suit that I object to. Shakespeare said it best - "a plague on both your houses." you and lol are two of a kind.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85817 Aug 18, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> so this is from lol, apparently, on someone else's computer, and an accidental use of another name? is that correct? what you mean is you liked my comments when I attacked obscene Chrsitians like yaa, but you do not like being attacked for being obscene yourself. the old double standard.
and the arrogant and sick person is yourself, and your comments prove it. Regarding sick, just read Freud so I do not have to discuss it, please! and as to arrogant, your comment telling folks I must be a theist if I contradict you is both arrogant and a false accusation.
much as I dislike obscene persons, especially when there is an element of hostility along with it, false accusers are immoral, and it is not merely a matter of preference for decent language when I call you a false accuser.
You truly have reached dumbass level. I have always enjoyed your posts and many others, I do not enjoy being called inferior, that implies an arrogance in its user. Arrogance is religion, you put yourself in that company, so yes I think arrogant posts are SICK, deal with it(ooops you dont like that saying either) YOUR Arrogance is Appalling, just for you, Blow me.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85818 Aug 18, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I know not for sure what is true, I only chose to think for myself it is. I dont force it on anyone. I do think everything leads to death , so I feel as though this is something none of us can avoid. It is not the dying that matters it is how we lived. Making the most of it while we have it , I guess. Who knows, for sure? Not me .. I wish happy times for all , does that make me wrong? Not just to live happy but to die happy as well. I know bad just as I am sure all you on here do. I sometimes question reasons as well, though. Just have to keep thinking there is a plan , coming togther , that I know nothing of yet. Nite..
you sound like a sort of agnostic believer - not claiming to know, and yet believing. maybe you are the sort of Christian or believer in some other faith that I include among the reasonable ones with whom agnostic atheists can join in supporting worthwhile causes. do you believe in separation of church and state, for example? do you believe in helping the poor, rather than aiding the rich who cheat on their taxes?(II believe helping the poor includes not paying for or giving food stamps for cancer causing or obesity causing foods, and it also includes taxing such items, since later sickness is expensive and awful to go through, when one has cancer and or is very obese and has diseases to which obesity contributes)
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85819 Aug 18, 2012
still looking for the quote from lol that tells us that there are only three types of folks - atheists, believers, and the luke warm. it is further back than I thought. but it is there.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85820 Aug 18, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> so, if you are lol in a suit, as this post and your later comment seem to admit, you are sort of accusing me of being a True Believer (though in an underhanded and cowardly way, and not an outright straightforward lie - what are you, a rightwing nasty
Republican?). So you are a false accuser, as I have repeatedly accused you of being, in these past two or three days, based on your own comments, however sly you want to be in phrasing them, so as not to be caught and quoted asopenly saying what you seem to say!
Lol, you are a TrueBeliever® you prob dont know the difference, and you seem to want to imply something about the name Makka, it is an old friend of mine, sorry nothing more sinister is afoot. Now let us be "nasty", Blow me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kailey Grace Lovell 2 hr Asdf 11
Source HOV 8 hr applied 1
Source HOV background checks 8 hr applied 7
Scrap Place 14 hr debbie 1
Eric Denny 19 hr Athenesword 8
psychopaths in Pine hill! Sun ponytl 62
These women selling themselves. Know any names? Sun ticketrocker 25

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance