Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147244 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#85781 Aug 17, 2012
Do any christians or anyone watch these shows on TV?

They are very popular. Just wondering if anyone believes in Ghosts.

Paranormal State

Ghost Hunters

Dead Files

Ghost Adventure

Celebrity Ghost Stories

My Ghost Story

A Haunting

Paranormal Fact or Fiction

Ghostly Encounters

Psychic Kids
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#85782 Aug 17, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists feel they speak the truth and so does YAA and trusted. Does that please God?
Then why does the bible say this?
Proverbs 14:12
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."
I know not for sure what is true, I only chose to think for myself it is. I dont force it on anyone. I do think everything leads to death , so I feel as though this is something none of us can avoid. It is not the dying that matters it is how we lived. Making the most of it while we have it , I guess. Who knows, for sure? Not me .. I wish happy times for all , does that make me wrong? Not just to live happy but to die happy as well. I know bad just as I am sure all you on here do. I sometimes question reasons as well, though. Just have to keep thinking there is a plan , coming togther , that I know nothing of yet. Nite..
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#85783 Aug 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>By your logic, you can use any kind of manners you wish as long as the goal is to stop others from being mentally challenged?
Your logic is always flawed. I suggest it is due to your flawed religion. How can you get anything straight when you start from myth?
I am totally sorry!
I thought you were just being a Tard on purpose, now I see
it's not an act... you cannot help yourself!
The only flaw I had was thinking you could be helped!
I stand corrected!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#85784 Aug 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not even close
Sorry...
"total separation distance of matter with inertial mass on a universal scale",
I had to go back n read it again!
Anyways...
It would stand to reason that if mass seperated @ the speed of light, Pluto would still be in the sun's light, and might
explain some of the astonomical distances...
Or... God just made it happen that way :-)
I'm going with that one!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#85785 Aug 17, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> tht was to yaa. yaa insults people with the tard word. I object to all tard suffixes, no matter who uses them. I appreciate it that you dare to use the word manners on topix!
Hahahahaha!
Mike, Manners?
Hahahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#85786 Aug 17, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists feel they speak the truth and so does YAA and trusted. Does that please God?
Then why does the bible say this?
Proverbs 14:12
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."
We ALL fall short...
We can stay in the dirt, or Jesus can lift you up!
Some think staying in the dirt is right, and some
know it's NOT right!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#85787 Aug 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so as I would think the variance is actually massive... We are just so small in scale (time wise) that a variance of .00000001% over several generations becomes a Massive variance over the time span of even a planetary system... From our stand point such a variance would be considered a constant because any change within many generations would be within error rates of any measure we could possibly use... And remember if (again Big Freakin IF) I'm am correct the whole of the Universe acts as a Medium with local high density regions and less dense regions ... The value of c might be 300kph here within our dense galaxy and much fast between us and even the next closest galaxy then slower within the dense regions of that galaxy... So we may be off on distance to the next galaxy by a large amount yet never actually be able to know since we assume the value of c is constant... This view could make the Universe much older than we estimate today, as much as twice as old in the 25 to 35 Billion year range ....
OR.... it could have been a Billion times faster just a measly 7000 years ago!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#85788 Aug 17, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Do any christians or anyone watch these shows on TV?
They are very popular. Just wondering if anyone believes in Ghosts.
Paranormal State
Ghost Hunters
Dead Files
Ghost Adventure
Celebrity Ghost Stories
My Ghost Story
A Haunting
Paranormal Fact or Fiction
Ghostly Encounters
Psychic Kids
My wife, and youngest daughter watch Ghost hunters...
A bunch of goof balls running around in the dark saying "What was that?" for an hour... Stoopid!
Having seen a spector (ghost of an old guy who might have died in a house I owned)... Didn't even give me a goosebump!
What was it? Don't know!
Could have been a familiar?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#85789 Aug 17, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I know not for sure what is true, I only chose to think for myself it is. I dont force it on anyone. I do think everything leads to death , so I feel as though this is something none of us can avoid. It is not the dying that matters it is how we lived. Making the most of it while we have it , I guess. Who knows, for sure? Not me .. I wish happy times for all , does that make me wrong? Not just to live happy but to die happy as well. I know bad just as I am sure all you on here do. I sometimes question reasons as well, though. Just have to keep thinking there is a plan , coming togther , that I know nothing of yet. Nite..
Good night, n God Bless :-)
... To all!
Truth

Phelps, KY

#85790 Aug 17, 2012
I decided awhile back that for me Being an atheist wasnt the answer, and I sure as heck would rather be raped with a fork before i became brainwashed into a religion. So i follow my own moral code in life, honestly it works great for me.

My belief is I realize i'm a tiny fish in a huge pond in this thing called life, it would be arrogant to assume that i know the answers like religious and atheist when I dont clearly dont know and i'm 100% sure they dont either faith isnt true no matter how hard you claim it is.

I dont need a book to tell me to help my fellow man in times of need, and to stand up for my country when the time comes. And honestly i'm not going to feel bad about having sex, or drinking either deal with it. This is my life and its my rules.

The only laws i recongize and respect are federal/local/state laws the rest including your religious and atheistic laws can kiss my ass
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#85791 Aug 18, 2012
Only wish the existing Religious would just simply keep their beliefs to themselves.I just get tired of the public fascination with Religions, when its the fvckin Mormons knocking on the door 8:30am to speak about what I should really consider for my beliefs. I'd really like to see this with Atheist. Those are the people that my door would fully open for. Christians scare me. Literally places me on a defensive stance - Like Police do when they look at your direction... burr Pop, pop givin' up shotz to tha double glock, glock

Oh, Lord Xenu dominates this Universe! You have to travel to the 9th dimension to free yourself from all spiritual claims. It's the truth.. it's in a book!!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#85794 Aug 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>OR.... it could have been a Billion times faster just a measly 7000 years ago!
LOL
No it could not have been...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85795 Aug 18, 2012
Known fact wrote:
Why Evolution Attracts People
The Bible reveals how such teachings as evolution become popular. It says:“There will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.”(2 Timothy 4:3, 4) Although evolution is usually presented in scientific language, it is really a religious doctrine. It teaches a philosophy of life and an attitude toward God. Its beliefs are subtly attractive to mankind’s selfish, independent tendencies. Many who believe in evolution say that they also believe in God. However, they feel free to think of God as one who has not created things, does not intervene in man’s affairs, and will not judge people. It is a creed that tickles people’s ears.
Teachers of evolution are often motivated, not by the facts, but by “their own desires”—perhaps a desire to be accepted by a scientific community in which evolution is orthodox doctrine. Professor of biochemistry Michael Behe, who has spent most of his life studying the complex internal functions of living cells, explained that those who teach the evolution of cell structure have no basis for their claims. Could evolution occur at this tiny, molecular level?“Molecular evolution is not based on scientific authority,” he wrote.“There is no publication in the scientific literature—in prestigious journals, specialty journals, or books—that describes how molecular evolution of any real, complex, biochemical system either did occur or even might have occurred.... The assertion of Darwinian molecular evolution is merely bluster.”
“Molecular evolution is not based on scientific authority”
If evolutionists lack explanations, why do they preach their ideas so loudly? Behe explains:“Many people, including many important and well-respected scientists, just don’t want there to be anything beyond nature.”
The doctrine of evolution attracts many clergymen who want to appear wise. They are similar to those described in the apostle Paul’s letter to Christians in Rome. Paul wrote:“What may be known about God is manifest among them ... His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable; because, although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their unintelligent heart became darkened. Although asserting they were wise, they became foolish.”(Romans 1:19-22) How can you avoid being deceived by false teachers?
People cutting and pasting propaganda leaflets without a single word of their own are "empty-headed in their reasonings and their unintelligent heart" is probably darkened from too much Chick-Fil-A saturated fat.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85796 Aug 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I am totally sorry!
I thought you were just being a Tard on purpose, now I see
it's not an act... you cannot help yourself!
The only flaw I had was thinking you could be helped!
I stand corrected!
It doesn't matter if you stand, sit or hang from your heels - you've been corrected a thousand times.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#85797 Aug 18, 2012
Truth wrote:
I decided awhile back that for me Being an atheist wasnt the answer, and I sure as heck would rather be raped with a fork before i became brainwashed into a religion. So i follow my own moral code in life, honestly it works great for me.
My belief is I realize i'm a tiny fish in a huge pond in this thing called life, it would be arrogant to assume that i know the answers like religious and atheist when I dont clearly dont know and i'm 100% sure they dont either faith isnt true no matter how hard you claim it is.
I dont need a book to tell me to help my fellow man in times of need, and to stand up for my country when the time comes. And honestly i'm not going to feel bad about having sex, or drinking either deal with it. This is my life and its my rules.
The only laws i recongize and respect are federal/local/state laws the rest including your religious and atheistic laws can kiss my ass
Wow, I have heard we atheists were getting gold pillared halls and a book, but to have laws also, we gonna be the shiznit.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85798 Aug 18, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I feel you are inferior on grounds of your obscenity, and that is certainly not just like a christian would, if you consider yaa a christian. Am i allowed to object to his obscenity because he is a Christian, but not to object to yours because you are an atheist? Does opposing obscenity make one a Christian? Does using it make one an acceptable good atheist? I don't think so.
I did not mean to imply you are inferior merely to me, on those grounds, but that you are inferior to almost all the people I associate with in my town. It is typical of most people I know here in their ordinary lives not to go around being nasty, obscene, insulting, and falsely accusing. I do not think one should think it is ok to be that way on topix. Are you that way in your ordinary conversation, also? or does anonymity allow you to show a mean streak?
Well, your knitting club is as full of arrogance as you are.
You think, that someone who does not write a short story every time they post, is inferior to you.
You think, that someone who is nasty in their reply to certain groups, are inferior to you.
You think, if someones beliefs are not in line with yours, they are inferior to you.
It's apparant in every word you post, hypocrite.
A dictionary has fewer I's compared to your posts.
A little self absorbed are ya.
You are arrogant to the point of religion.
One thing is very clear, people like you and the religies deserve nothing but "nasty".
Well mannered christians, there are some.
Well mannered nazis, there are some.
Well mannered extremist, there are some.
Well mannered klansmen, there are some.
To support any one of these groups is to support hatred.
None of them are without hate, all are quilty.
If you support your "nice" christians, you support the hatred of gays.
If you support your "nice" christians, you support the hatred of science.
If you support your "nice" christians, you support the hatred of women's rights.
The list goes on, read the bible.
Religion is a disease that corrupts every mind it touches.
No reason or logic can cure it.
"Nasty" is a matter of opinion.
You are just like a religie to me, post to me and "nasty" is what my response will be.
This "inferior atheist" has lost all respect for you and your Arrogance.
Hope there was enough you's and your's to inflate your ego.
One last thing, take your "superior intelect" and Blow me.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85799 Aug 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if you stand, sit or hang from your heels - you've been corrected a thousand times.
Yep.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85800 Aug 18, 2012
Marquis wrote:
Simply put; Public Schools is NO place for religion. You want your child to go to a religious school, then put them in one of the many private schools in the county!
Agreed.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85801 Aug 18, 2012
Known fact wrote:
Jesus always spoke the truth whether it was popular or not. He thus provided an example that we should follow if we want to please God. 1 Peter 2:21
Which bible, jesus could possibly lie in one version or another.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85802 Aug 18, 2012
Lordy wrote:
Only wish the existing Religious would just simply keep their beliefs to themselves.I just get tired of the public fascination with Religions, when its the fvckin Mormons knocking on the door 8:30am to speak about what I should really consider for my beliefs. I'd really like to see this with Atheist. Those are the people that my door would fully open for. Christians scare me. Literally places me on a defensive stance - Like Police do when they look at your direction... burr Pop, pop givin' up shotz to tha double glock, glock
Oh, Lord Xenu dominates this Universe! You have to travel to the 9th dimension to free yourself from all spiritual claims. It's the truth.. it's in a book!!
Cross a mormon with an atheist and you get someone who knocks on your door for no apparent reason.

Red that somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica dawn Howard Oakes 7 hr Tooter tom 10
Benny Price 8 hr ltd 1
Scott Price (Jun '12) 8 hr ltd 16
Biggest rats in Mt Vernon? 8 hr Hoho 46
Work as a police officer (Jul '10) 12 hr anonymous 6
Officer ED (Mar '12) 12 hr anonymous 6
Austin Saylor 13 hr TJustice 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages