Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148409 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#83076 Jul 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to read
"Brave New World is a novel written in 1931 by Aldous Huxley and published in 1932" 'wiki'
It describes us to a T, we can be tracked by ALL the devices we carry from the store to the bathroom!
As far as RFID implants... NO! I will not take one to save my life!
The Bible says you will not be able to buy, OR sell without it...
so far that's nothing we have, but as soon as they get rid of cash,
it'll be plastic only... try to have a yard sale with plastic!
When you get that RFID implant, you won't notice it happened.
It will pass right through your skin and into your flesh without harming you.
Kind of like those bullets did.
;-)
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#83077 Jul 22, 2012
The moment you have in your heart
this extraordinary thing called love
and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it,
you will discover that for you the world is transformed.
J. Krishnamurti

How far you go in life depends on
your being tender with the young,
compassionate with the aged,
sympathetic with the striving
and tolerant of the weak and strong.
Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
-George Washington Carver
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#83078 Jul 22, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you told me that an airplane is driven forward by air being blown back from the propeller, just like a fan, I would not call you a liar - it is the truth so far as you know.
However, the propeller blades are air foils, and the bernoulli effect produces vacuum over the front of the blades, and it is this that pulls, not propels the plane forward.
Now that you know this, you will not repeat that airplanes are driven by fans. The problem with people like YAA is that they will continue to believe - to lie to themselves, that propellers are fans and seek means to justify their faith in preconception.
Having been around aircraft most of my life, and having studied aviation a wee bit, I can say you are correct in your synopsis of propeller driven aircraft!
I am not the dumb box of rocks you may think I am!
Everything I've said on topix about myself is the truth, and
even if you are tired of hearing "God is real"...
It is the truth.... True Believers as LOL calls us, are funny that way! If it wasn't true... I would not be here at all!
Not defending the faith, and certaintly NOT argueing against it!
I could do alot with the time I spend here, but NONE as important to you all... I am not the judge who says you do not deserve to hear the Gospel!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#83080 Jul 22, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, they were so godly they cut god out of the script. Not even a cameo.
If you'll notice...
They had deists, catholics, AND Christians...
ALL believing in God, but didn't want to point out the right God!
God made the cameo... you just missed it!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#83081 Jul 22, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I wished I could believe that myself... Like I said I don't go to church... And I'm sure no saint... But even though I don't fit in with the chatter box Christians I do believe with no doubt that Jesus is the son of the living God through research and things I've seen with my own eyes... But really I guess I've always known... That's another topic for another time... I'm not trying to convert anyone here... I'm just sick of being made out to be less intelligent for my believes... As I've asked over and over without getting an answer - Can you offer anything better?...
I can't offer you belief. I don't know if a God exist. Knowing and believing are different understandings. I know I'm alive and I believe donkeys can talk because the bible says so. Can I prove donkeys ever spoke hebrew , no I can't. I'm agnostic, so I cannot prove God exists or does not exists.

I don't think you are less intelligent because you believe in God. I think people are indoctrinated in different religious beliefs and bonded to family members and friends with shared beliefs. Like a christmas or easter tradition that friends and family celebrate every year and the acutal roots of that tradition is really not founded in christian theology but borrowed theology from other religions

Most of my relatives do believe in the Bible. Some are Mormons,Baptist,non-denominati onal. We get along fine. They even tell me how God has blessed them in their life. I don't condemn or harass them because of their beliefs.

In a debate forum of course I realize that it just that a debate to gain knowledge. Like any debate feathers get ruffled. I find it fun and informative and try myself to be informative of my reponses to others and sometimes fail in that.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#83082 Jul 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
In my view there is only 1 kind of particle in the universe.. a SPP.. All other "particles" are EM waves only... There are no electrons, positrons, neutrons, Quarks, Gluons ect... Not as real physical little balls of stuff... The are EM Waves of differing energy states and complexity of hetrodyned make up...
Thanks for simplifying that for me Q.
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#83083 Jul 22, 2012
When a girl marries
she exchanges the attentions of many men
for the inattention of one.
-Helen Rowland

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words,
words might hurt me deeply,
causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage
leading to a lowered self-esteem , and a feeling of no worth.......

You know when I was young my only dream was to grow up to be like my elder's, now that i am older , my only dream would be to have them back.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#83084 Jul 22, 2012
straight up wrote:
I think that as a country we should have never changed any of this to suit others anyway! the bible is a peice of history and in the least should be taught for that purpose! as parents it is our responsibility and is why mine dont attend public school now! I will teach mine all about Jesus and the bible and i will make sure they know they didnt come from monkeys or cells flaked off someone elses body!
Well, you are correct that the didn't come from monkeys. Monkeys are a different branch of our family tree. But you and your kids and me and mine did come from the same ancestors as the monkeys.

I have no idea what you mean about flakes of skin. That's weird.

One thing: if you shelter your kids from prevailing science education you limit their futures.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#83085 Jul 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>If you'll notice...
No, I checked again. There's nothing in there about god, Jesus, Bible, or the Devil.

No god in the Constitution. Check yourself.
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83086 Jul 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Having been around aircraft most of my life, and having studied aviation a wee bit, I can say you are correct in your synopsis of propeller driven aircraft!
I am not the dumb box of rocks you may think I am!
Everything I've said on topix about myself is the truth, and
even if you are tired of hearing "God is real"...
It is the truth.... True Believers as LOL calls us, are funny that way! If it wasn't true... I would not be here at all!
Not defending the faith, and certaintly NOT argueing against it!
I could do alot with the time I spend here, but NONE as important to you all... I am not the judge who says you do not deserve to hear the Gospel!
There are many people more intelligent than I am that I consider to be a dumb as an ox because of their beliefs.(By your politics, think of the Clintons, for example.) I did not imply that you would not understand the difference between a propeller and a fan, but that you would ignore it were it unsupported by the Bible. That point was that belief in something does not make it a reality. Folks around here think that win or lose, the Gators are the best football team. Are they lying? No, it is their belief, and that was my other point. Don't try to convince me that the Wildcats are the best football team. Allow others the respect of having their own relationship with God.
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83087 Jul 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>If you'll notice...
LOL! catholics AND Christians!
In the '70's I was listening to a radio interview with a habitat for humanity spokesman. He said "It was wonderful - we had protestants working next to Catholics, Christians working next to Jews - We even had Lutherans working next to Lutherans!"
(Back story. The American Lutheran Churches and the Lutheran Churches of America hated each other.)
juggalo

United States

#83088 Jul 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you understand that there is evil in our world!
That's a start, good for you!
That's funny ..well that is something that we both agree on ,that there is evil in the world the difference between us is I realized what it is at the age of 10 and it has proven its self time and time again without a doubt ,you on the other hand refuse to see it for what it is
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#83089 Jul 22, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! catholics AND Christians!
In the '70's I was listening to a radio interview with a habitat for humanity spokesman. He said "It was wonderful - we had protestants working next to Catholics, Christians working next to Jews - We even had Lutherans working next to Lutherans!"
(Back story. The American Lutheran Churches and the Lutheran Churches of America hated each other.)
That is so true, I have worked on many habitat homes, even roofed several of them and yes all faith's are there to lend a hand. But I never thought it as , Christians, Catholics, and so on, working , I simply thought of it as , human kind , coming togther for a greater good . No matter what the belief , we were all there for the same reason, and I think we all benefited from it , not only the home owners we were lending a hand too.
defender

London, KY

#83090 Jul 22, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>When you get that RFID implant, you won't notice it happened.
It will pass right through your skin and into your flesh without harming you.
Kind of like those bullets did.
;-)
After you bud... Lol
defender

London, KY

#83091 Jul 22, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you are correct that the didn't come from monkeys. Monkeys are a different branch of our family tree. But you and your kids and me and mine did come from the same ancestors as the monkeys.

One thing: if you shelter your kids from prevailing science education you limit their futures.
Problem is science is not prevailing for your planet of the apes theory ... It simply doesn't work on any level... More and more top scientist are jumping ship... We need real answers instead of big cosmic bangs from nothing, complex DNA just rising up by random chance from chemical soup and the goofy claim of fish to ape to man foolishness... No proof of any of it just wild speculation..
juggalo

United States

#83092 Jul 22, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I wished I could believe that myself... Like I said I don't go to church... And I'm sure no saint... But even though I don't fit in with the chatter box Christians I do believe with no doubt that Jesus is the son of the living God through research and things I've seen with my own eyes... But really I guess I've always known... That's another topic for another time... I'm not trying to convert anyone here... I'm just sick of being made out to be less intelligent for my believes... As I've asked over and over without getting an answer - Can you offer anything better?...
You asked me the same question ..I think its more of what you're willing to settle for ..its like being in a bad relationship because you haven't found someone better yet ..I have a lot of friends that go to church and I go to church a lot myself ..(I enjoy being around people)...thing is I'm always searching ...so I guess if your not 100% satisfied then just don't say there's no better offers because using your own head and finding what fits you best is always the better offer

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#83093 Jul 22, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many people more intelligent than I am that I consider to be a dumb as an ox because of their beliefs.(By your politics, think of the Clintons, for example.) I did not imply that you would not understand the difference between a propeller and a fan, but that you would ignore it were it unsupported by the Bible. That point was that belief in something does not make it a reality. Folks around here think that win or lose, the Gators are the best football team. Are they lying? No, it is their belief, and that was my other point. Don't try to convince me that the Wildcats are the best football team. Allow others the respect of having their own relationship with God.
"Don't try to convince me that the Wildcats are the best football team."

That would be like trying to prove god exists, just not gonna happen.

“There is no god.”

USA

#83094 Jul 22, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>That is so true, I have worked on many habitat homes, even roofed several of them and yes all faith's are there to lend a hand. But I never thought it as , Christians, Catholics, and so on, working , I simply thought of it as , human kind , coming togther for a greater good . No matter what the belief , we were all there for the same reason, and I think we all benefited from it , not only the home owners we were lending a hand too.
Yep.

“There is no god.”

USA

#83095 Jul 22, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are correct that the didn't come from monkeys. Monkeys are a different branch of our family tree. But you and your kids and me and mine did come from the same ancestors as the monkeys.
"if you shelter your kids from prevailing science education you limit their futures" and mankind's.

“There is no god.”

USA

#83096 Jul 22, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is science is not prevailing for your planet of the apes theory ... It simply doesn't work on any level... More and more top scientist are jumping ship... We need real answers instead of big cosmic bangs from nothing, complex DNA just rising up by random chance from chemical soup and the goofy claim of fish to ape to man foolishness... No proof of any of it just wild speculation..
Why do "we" need proof of evolution or god, I would think a person could live their life without knowledge of either and be a very happy and productive citizen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jean smith 1 hr Mee 4
Timothy Augerbright 4 hr I know 1
Robby Newcomb 10 hr dong666 3
ronnie belt 10 hr he77yeah 1
psychopaths in Pine hill! 11 hr Wondering 27
Willie Willis 13 hr Willie 26
Nascar Stores/Shops 16 hr James 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages