Marks Hardware GUNS sign behind Brodhead school

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

London, KY

#1 Jan 7, 2013
What u think about Marks Hardware new GUNS sign right behind Brodhead school. I like my guns but i love my kids!! Probably not the best idea in my point of view. Especially since i have a child that attends Brodhead. Kinda uneasy feeling when i drove bye this evening. I'm suspecting they looking for some controversy over this. What u think?
Burger

Neuilly-sur-seine, France

#2 Jan 7, 2013
I don't think it will cause any problems at all. No one in MT Vernon can read anyway.
lol

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Damn ive heard it all now.
how about

Versailles, KY

#4 Jan 7, 2013
how about all those knives forks and spoons, broom handles and other things that can be used as weapons, how about all the pilled up or drunk drivers you meet on the road when you take your kids to school and they don't even have signs letting you know they could cause harm. how about all of the video games and tv shows showing violence. how about if you are as concerned a parent as you promote yourself to be that you educate your children and explain to them the difference between a legitimate use of a weapon and one used in criminal activity and quit trying to troll on topix
KYCOLT45

Somerset, KY

#5 Jan 7, 2013
Concerned wrote:
What u think about Marks Hardware new GUNS sign right behind Brodhead school. I like my guns but i love my kids!! Probably not the best idea in my point of view. Especially since i have a child that attends Brodhead. Kinda uneasy feeling when i drove bye this evening. I'm suspecting they looking for some controversy over this. What u think?
. I think you are small minded. Lets see now, marks has been in business for 10 years maybe? And all of a sudden this deep concern? I agree with another poster, what about all those sharp butter knives and forks? And the bus, the dangerous bus...
Bushmaster

Manchester, KY

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Concerned wrote:
It's people like you that is the problem in America! I guess you are one of those idiots that believe if you ban a gun it will keep some phyco from shooting up a place?! How stupid do people have to be to actually believe that?! Very few people are going to go buy a brand new gun from a legit dealer to go on a shooting spree. The people who are going to do that already have the guns or will buy them from another person. The way that the laws are now if you have a felony charge you cannot buy a gun and are not allowed to own one. That is supposed to keep you from acquiring a firearm but all you have to do is buy one from a private citizen. Just because some people don't like guns and choose not to own one doesn't make it ok to ban them from the good people who do want them! Think about it people! They are about to ban assault rifles because of the actions of a few individuals over the past few years when their are millions of responsible gun owners like myself who have them for protection/hunting/target shooting! It has got to the point in America that most people are tree hugging, Prius driving, vegetarian, homosexual loving, politically correct idiots with no common sense! Which wouldn't be so bad if they would leave the rest of us "normal" people alone! But they will not and try to force their beliefs and actions on us! They think that there is no need for guns and that everyone should live in peace and harmony when that is never going to happen! They think that the way they think is how everyone should think and that since they don't like guns and want to ban them that it is ok to try and take them away from the people who do want them! This country is turning into nothing but a bunch of pu$$ies and queers and in the not so very distant future it is going to implode and be overran by a country that still has some balls like Russia! What happened to true and real freedom?! With every law and ban you tree hugging faggots get passed we are taking one step further to becoming a dictatorship and slowly turning into something that is not truly America! I feel sorry for my kids because by the time they reach my age they will have no freedoms and this country will be overran by a bunch of sissified idiots who believe they should be able to control the way the rest of us live because they don't like it! That is what being free is about, you stay out of my business and I will stay out of yours! We should not be punished because of what a very select few mentally ill individuals do! I think it is actually funny that Obama believes he can ban guns and confiscate them from us! Who does he think is going to go door to door trying to take them?! He has no common sense because anyone who does knows that trying to take honest people's guns will result in more bloodshed then this country has ever seen from both the people who are stupid enough to try and take our guns and the ones who have enough balls to defend their freedom of having those guns! The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed! What Obama and congress is trying to do with our guns is considered by the constitution to be an act of treason and they should be dealt with accordingly! I honestly don't see how he got re elected other than the fact that the idiots in this country has finally out numbered the rest of us.
KYCOLT45

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2013
Bushmaster wrote:
<quoted text>It's people like you that is the problem in America! I guess you are one of those idiots that believe if you ban a gun it will keep some phyco from shooting up a place?! How stupid do people have to be to actually believe that?! Very few people are going to go buy a brand new gun from a legit dealer to go on a shooting spree. The people who are going to do that already have the guns or will buy them from another person. The way that the laws are now if you have a felony charge you cannot buy a gun and are not allowed to own one. That is supposed to keep you from acquiring a firearm but all you have to do is buy one from a private citizen. Just because some people don't like guns and choose not to own one doesn't make it ok to ban them from the good people who do want them! Think about it people! They are about to ban assault rifles because of the actions of a few individuals over the past few years when their are millions of responsible gun owners like myself who have them for protection/hunting/target shooting! It has got to the point in America that most people are tree hugging, Prius driving, vegetarian, homosexual loving, politically correct idiots with no common sense! Which wouldn't be so bad if they would leave the rest of us "normal" people alone! But they will not and try to force their beliefs and actions on us! They think that there is no need for guns and that everyone should live in peace and harmony when that is never going to happen! They think that the way they think is how everyone should think and that since they don't like guns and want to ban them that it is ok to try and take them away from the people who do want them! This country is turning into nothing but a bunch of pu$$ies and queers and in the not so very distant future it is going to implode and be overran by a country that still has some balls like Russia! What happened to true and real freedom?! With every law and ban you tree hugging faggots get passed we are taking one step further to becoming a dictatorship and slowly turning into something that is not truly America! I feel sorry for my kids because by the time they reach my age they will have no freedoms and this country will be overran by a bunch of sissified idiots who believe they should be able to control the way the rest of us live because they don't like it! That is what being free is about, you stay out of my business and I will stay out of yours! We should not be punished because of what a very select few mentally ill individuals do! I think it is actually funny that Obama believes he can ban guns and confiscate them from us! Who does he think is going to go door to door trying to take them?! He has no common sense because anyone who does knows that trying to take honest people's guns will result in more bloodshed then this country has ever seen from both the people who are stupid enough to try and take our guns and the ones who have enough balls to defend their freedom of having those guns! The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed! What Obama and congress is trying to do with our guns is considered by the constitution to be an act of treason and they should be dealt with accordingly! I honestly don't see how he got re elected other than the fact that the idiots in this country has finally out numbered the rest of us.
DITTO x 2
head south

Duluth, GA

#8 Jan 19, 2013
alot of people will be hapy to get on the bus or train and go to the camp why alot will say yea sir
and may even pay for the ticket they are sheep following the wolf dog. one more disaster staged
or real and well if your aware you know already:
if not your one of the mind controled zombies
australia and britan wish they had their weblies and shot guns back because criminals are rampaging and home invading the cops arr affraid to go out on the streets because they have no guns. all police be aware after they use you to disarm the prople you will be given baton and turn in your guns too all ro
rockcasle patriots need to take their arms and defend their neighbors agains
any force that comes in here and attacks start traing to shoot south of mt vernon now
Oh the Irony

Somerset, KY

#9 Jan 19, 2013
how about wrote:
how about all those knives forks and spoons, broom handles and other things that can be used as weapons, how about all the pilled up or drunk drivers you meet on the road when you take your kids to school and they don't even have signs letting you know they could cause harm. how about all of the video games and tv shows showing violence. how about if you are as concerned a parent as you promote yourself to be that you educate your children and explain to them the difference between a legitimate use of a weapon and one used in criminal activity and quit trying to troll on topix
I am a responsible parent. I brought my children up to respect and how to properly use a knive and fork and even how to use a spoon to pick up hot soup. I also taught them the right way to use a broom handle, first without a brush attached until they were ready. My children have never harmed anyone with a spoon, knife, fork or a broom handle and I attribute that to my excellent parenting skills.
oh my

London, KY

#10 Jan 28, 2013
i agree with every single word that bushmaster wrote,these idiots who have not been around guns think they just grow legs and have a mind of there own and start shooting people,all these dumbasses that are doing these stupid ass shootings are the idiots who havent been raised arund guns,they just get one and cause they seen something in a movie or their faggot ass has been picked on they think they can just do what they want..ive had my own gun since i was 4 years old,a little 410 that my dad would put a pillow on my shoulder and let me shoot it every day,when i got to be about seven or eight,i was allowed to go squirrel huntimg behind my house by myself with no one with me.i did this cause i knew every thing there was about guns,safty,and such.you even let most eight year olds have a bb gun nowdays and they are going to shoot a window out shoot thereself or something,now my little 410 has grown to about 50 or more guns that i would take nothing for,and 35 years later i still have that first little 410,these people think there going to take them than they are in for a surprise.read the bible,god destroyed a whole town cause of queers and this president wants to pass a law so faggots can get married,thats what got him elected,my little cousin in highschool showed me a picture of a boy he goes to school with facebook page,this boy had a picture of him and another guy kissing for his main page,and these kids at school act like nothings wrong,had this been 20 years ago that boy may still be gay but it would be kept quite or he would get his ass whooped everyday.(its bad to have a gun but o.k. to suck a d$$$),????are you people tht stupid these days?all you all that are against these guns than when some dumbass breaks in your house and you have nothing for protection but a cell phone,dont call the police cause they may have a gun when they show up,if these criminals havent already killed you,but if you were smart youd have a gun,know how to use it and use your right as an american to blow them punks away and have one less dumass to worry about,who cares about a sign,you say you like guns,than teach your kid how to use one,show them the right and wrong ways of handeling one and maybe he will grow up with more sense than his father who is just trying to stir something up by posting such a stupid thing in the first place...you proably voted for the president in the first plase and believe all the stuf hes trying to pull.this country has really went to hell,
virgo

Crossett, AR

#11 Jan 29, 2013
i have always had a gun because of being a single mother out in the country alone. it makes me feel safe. i would never not have one.would like to know what an assault rifle would be needed for or machine gun(if they even still make them). just wondering why someone would need a gun that shoots a considerable amount of bullets per seconds. just always been curious about this. are they used for hunting seems like war would be the only place they are needed.
Bushmaster

Duluth, GA

#12 Jan 29, 2013
virgo wrote:
i have always had a gun because of being a single mother out in the country alone. it makes me feel safe. i would never not have one.would like to know what an assault rifle would be needed for or machine gun(if they even still make them). just wondering why someone would need a gun that shoots a considerable amount of bullets per seconds. just always been curious about this. are they used for hunting seems like war would be the only place they are needed.
The "machine guns" you are talking about is not what this is all about. The fact is, very very few people are allowed to have fully automatic weapons. In order to have a fully automatic weapon legally you need a class 3 license that is issued by the ATF and it is extremely hard to acquire one as a normal citizen. The term assault rifle has been used by the government to confuse the American people that do not know the difference. The fact is they try to make the guns like the AR-15 fit into the category of military assault rifles when in fact they are not. The difference in a military issued AR-15 and a AR-15 that private citizens can own is the military version is a fully automatic (multiple rounds fired with one pull of the trigger) and the type of AR-15 that people like you and me can legally own is a semi automatic (one round fired with one pull of the trigger) most likely like the handgun that you use. People really need to educate themselves about guns because the government is taking advantage of your stupidity if you don't.
Bushmaster

Duluth, GA

#13 Jan 29, 2013
virgo wrote:
You also asked what they would be used for. I use mine for home defense, hunting, target practice with my child because it has a very low recoil and my 4 year old son can easily shoot it and not hurt his shoulder. Just to clarify when I let my son shoot this gun we are sitting on a bench and he is in my lap with my hands on the gun as well as his so I can take control of the gun if I need to. They have a purpose and are honestly one of the best guns for home defense. All it boils down to is the government is trying to take more and more of your freedoms away by taking advantage of the actions of a select few mentally Ill individuals. Honestly think about what banning these guns will accomplish... If they are banned it will mean that there can be no new sales of these guns to private citizens from a gun dealer. They are not going to be able to come to our homes and confiscate the millions and millions of them that was legally purchased before the ban takes place and bad people will still be able to get their hands on them either by buying them from another person or stealing them from other people who legally own them. Banning these guns will do absolutely NOTHING to keep people safer and all it will do is keep law abiding citizens like you and I from buying one legally. Do you think the criminal is going to care if they can buy one from a gun store or have to buy one from another person?? NO! 9 times out of 10 the criminal is going to purchase or steal the gun off of another person because that does not require a background check like purchasing one from a gun store does. Also most of the criminals cannot even purchase a firearm legally at a store anyway because they have committed criminal acts before and are not allowed to buy a new gun. Knowledge is power people! If you do not educate yourselves about guns your are part of the problem and not the solution!

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Buy your guns here, there is a school across the street so you can test them out.
Bushmaster

Duluth, GA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
Buy your guns here, there is a school across the street so you can test them out.
You are an idiot! People like you are pathetic and the biggest threat to our safety and freedom!
virgo

Crossett, AR

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Bushmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
You also asked what they would be used for. I use mine for home defense, hunting, target practice with my child because it has a very low recoil and my 4 year old son can easily shoot it and not hurt his shoulder. Just to clarify when I let my son shoot this gun we are sitting on a bench and he is in my lap with my hands on the gun as well as his so I can take control of the gun if I need to. They have a purpose and are honestly one of the best guns for home defense. All it boils down to is the government is trying to take more and more of your freedoms away by taking advantage of the actions of a select few mentally Ill individuals. Honestly think about what banning these guns will accomplish... If they are banned it will mean that there can be no new sales of these guns to private citizens from a gun dealer. They are not going to be able to come to our homes and confiscate the millions and millions of them that was legally purchased before the ban takes place and bad people will still be able to get their hands on them either by buying them from another person or stealing them from other people who legally own them. Banning these guns will do absolutely NOTHING to keep people safer and all it will do is keep law abiding citizens like you and I from buying one legally. Do you think the criminal is going to care if they can buy one from a gun store or have to buy one from another person?? NO! 9 times out of 10 the criminal is going to purchase or steal the gun off of another person because that does not require a background check like purchasing one from a gun store does. Also most of the criminals cannot even purchase a firearm legally at a store anyway because they have committed criminal acts before and are not allowed to buy a new gun. Knowledge is power people! If you do not educate yourselves about guns your are part of the problem and not the solution!
i agree. thankyou for taking the time to educate me and probably a few others too.i really appreciate it.
Bushmaster

Manchester, KY

#17 Jan 29, 2013
virgo wrote:
<quoted text>i agree. thankyou for taking the time to educate me and probably a few others too.i really appreciate it.
You are very welcome.
oh my

London, KY

#18 Jan 29, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
dumb ass,the feds are probably checking you out as you read this,joking or not its idiots like you making it hard on everybody else? mad cause you and your gay "life partner"as you all prefer to be called,cant get married in ky yet?it wont be long probably...
Satan

United States

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Ban gun sign's !!!!
Whhyyyy

Bulan, KY

#20 Jan 30, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
You are an idiot, someone needs to report this post to the FBI, anyone who even mentions this has obviously thought about it. You need to be investigated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need help finding someone? 9 min Rebecca snow 1
prostitution at mt villa and blue grass motel 26 min cross the way 4
jason bullock 52 min Jason 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Myron 136,716
purrrigsby rd. 7 hr lucy jane 1
Clayton Stewart 12 hr virgo 3
John Taylor (Jun '11) 15 hr okay 12
More from around the web

Mount Vernon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE