Mt. Vernon is getting either a Walmar...

Mt. Vernon is getting either a Walmart Express or a small SuperCenter

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
hearditthruthegr apevine

United States

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Mt. Vernon is supposedly going to be getting either a Walmart Express (which is a new chain of 15,000 square feet stores designed to compete with Dollar General by going into towns that are too small to support a Walmart SuperCenter), or possibly a very small Walmart SuperCenter like the one in Stanford. They have supposedly bought some property on 461 where you turn up to go to Northside Baptist. I'm guessing it'll be just a Walmart Express, as they base everything on population. Rockcastle's population is about 17,000 (about 2,500 of which is in Mt. Vernon), and Lincoln County's population is 24,000. So, I'd say just an Express, unless they think the Renfro and Lake Cumberland tourists would make up the difference in traffic enough to go ahead and build a small SuperCenter like in Stanford. Will be interesting to see what happens.
know

Jackson, KY

#2 Apr 28, 2011
If and when we do get one, all thanks and praise goes to Clarice Kirby. She has been working on this for many years. Even though she is not our current mayor, she is the one responsible for getting this together. Can't wait for Wal-Mart, thanks Clarice.
Babs

Pflugerville, TX

#3 Apr 28, 2011
U r confused, she was trying to get a Liquor Express built by the jail. Try to keep up, OK?!!!!
diehard drunk

Doniphan, MO

#4 Apr 28, 2011
Yes we need something when you ask for about anykind of hardware you will hear "I can have it in the morning or wednesday" Just like Goober and Mayberry!!!
Boloney

Pflugerville, TX

#5 Apr 28, 2011
Will this establishment have a drive-thru window?
lmao

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2011
know wrote:
If and when we do get one, all thanks and praise goes to Clarice Kirby. She has been working on this for many years. Even though she is not our current mayor, she is the one responsible for getting this together. Can't wait for Wal-Mart, thanks Clarice.
You've lost your flippin mind.
Boloney

Pflugerville, TX

#7 Apr 28, 2011
Ye Olde Pawn Shop for all the pillhead's thievery! That's what is opening!
Leroy

Kittanning, PA

#8 Apr 28, 2011
why are people in mt vernon so obsessed with walmart
Not sure

Liberty, KY

#9 Apr 28, 2011
Leroy wrote:
I don't know, I would rather have a Kroger, anything besides IGA, their prices are way to high.
diehard drunk

Doniphan, MO

#10 Apr 28, 2011
BURP!!!
sayin

Jackson, KY

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Leroy wrote:
apparently you are a moron most normal people go to wal mart to but things cheaper and they have things mt. vernon does not have. where have you been? or are you still there?
diehard drunk

Doniphan, MO

#12 Apr 28, 2011
Sounds like you are one of Mt Vernons finest old school gang WHAT WE ARE not OBSESSED WITH IS LIVING IN THE 1940s!!!!
Jo pie

Kittanning, PA

#13 Apr 28, 2011
stop dreaming and go to dollar general where you belong spend that big money you mt vernon degenerates make better yet call buzz denny and mcckinney OH ialmost forgot your mayor LOOK mt vernon ky has 2 EXITS on one of the largest int erstates in the country and STILL no major EMPLOYER WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTY now you think about that for awhile!!!
diehard drunk

Doniphan, MO

#14 Apr 29, 2011
There are some people here in Mt. Vernon Ky that welcomes progress!!!
It wont

Pella, IA

#15 Apr 29, 2011
hearditthruthegrapevine wrote:
Mt. Vernon is supposedly going to be getting either a Walmart Express (which is a new chain of 15,000 square feet stores designed to compete with Dollar General by going into towns that are too small to support a Walmart SuperCenter), or possibly a very small Walmart SuperCenter like the one in Stanford. They have supposedly bought some property on 461 where you turn up to go to Northside Baptist. I'm guessing it'll be just a Walmart Express, as they base everything on population. Rockcastle's population is about 17,000 (about 2,500 of which is in Mt. Vernon), and Lincoln County's population is 24,000. So, I'd say just an Express, unless they think the Renfro and Lake Cumberland tourists would make up the difference in traffic enough to go ahead and build a small SuperCenter like in Stanford. Will be interesting to see what happens.
It will never have no Walmart or Supermall because it is a ghost town run by corrupt government who steals and votes it out. Population in this town will never be enough to operate a Walmart. Mount Vernon has declined to a hole of crap & corrupt officials.
uh ohh

Louisville, KY

#16 Apr 29, 2011
people here need to get real, we are poor scum who are inbred. we do not deserve a wal mart, we need more fast food places and pill heads to go there. We need more meth factories adn dope fields

in all reality screw wal mart, i would rather spend a little extra to someone else.
yabba dabba dooooooooo

Lexington, KY

#17 Apr 29, 2011
Reckon this new walmart will have a pharmacy? Yippy yi yay, a pharmacy a big one ya'll. Now that's what Rockcastle Flinstones need to know.
hearditthruthegrapevine wrote:
actually

United States

#18 Apr 29, 2011
It wont wrote:
<quoted text> It will never have no Walmart or Supermall because it is a ghost town run by corrupt government who steals and votes it out. Population in this town will never be enough to operate a Walmart. Mount Vernon has declined to a hole of crap & corrupt officials.
The politicians don't vote it out. There's no vote for a new business to allow it or not. Go to a fiscal court meeting sometime and watch. Anyone can buy a business license and open a business. There's no zoning restrictions and no other laws concerning new business. As far as Walmart, that's true. A Walmart real estate buyer was in the county 3 separate days a couple weeks ago looking for land on the bypass to open a new smaller size Walmart.
curious

Berea, KY

#19 May 3, 2011
The theifs are probally already plotting as. For workeforce it would add. alot of jobs they. Would need a entire police force for loss prevention good luck mt vernon hope it comes would be a great place for teens to work
WISE UP

Fairfield, IA

#20 May 3, 2011
walmart would also put all the county dollar stores grocery hardware OUT of BUISNESS think about it before you say local goverment has no say so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is KKK written allover Rockcastle! 41 min KlanWizard 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Traveler 148,985
New Ky laws make it easy now to find an prosecute 1 hr legal eagle 28
Clarence and Martha Owens (Swingers) 2 hr swing 4
Has James Miller blowed a good thing???? (May '14) 3 hr Pat 95
seals 4 hr John Seals 2
Tommy Scott 15 hr Tommy Scott 10

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages