Mt Vernon Main street looks Awful;

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

Bubbha-

Somerset, KY

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Buildings that if were in other cities (Right Here on main street Mt Vernon) would be condemed and either repaired or torn down!!! What is the matter? look at London Look at Somerset Berea McKee all are improving!!!Mt vernon is Dying!!!I say all of Rockcastle should change their voting methods if get out of this old same old shit political stale mate!!Start at the top Ditch Mitch right on downto locals!!!!Its not Illegal to vote for who you want to (YET!!!)Yes I will Vote for ASHLEY if she runs!!A change is needed so bad!!!Take a chance It could get no worse!!We have the highest taxes in the state!!!
Truths

London, KY

#2 Mar 3, 2013
The infrastructure (plumbing, water lines, electrical lines) are very old. There needs to be millions of dollars of updates needed in downtown MV. The state does not have that much funding/grants available for these repairs. Raising taxes would be difficult since very few people here actually work and pay taxes.
Have you thought about investing some of your hard earned money to buy and remodel one of the buildings and start a business?? London, Somerset and Berea have a much higher tax base. Hmmmn.....Ashley Judd. There is the answer.....??
smokey.

Lexington, KY

#3 Mar 3, 2013
Bubbha- wrote:
Buildings that if were in other cities (Right Here on main street Mt Vernon) would be condemed and either repaired or torn down!!! What is the matter? look at London Look at Somerset Berea McKee all are improving!!!Mt vernon is Dying!!!I say all of Rockcastle should change their voting methods if get out of this old same old shit political stale mate!!Start at the top Ditch Mitch right on downto locals!!!!Its not Illegal to vote for who you want to (YET!!!)Yes I will Vote for ASHLEY if she runs!!A change is needed so bad!!!Take a chance It could get no worse!!We have the highest taxes in the state!!!
don't look up or a brike will take u out.
smokey.

Lexington, KY

#4 Mar 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
The infrastructure (plumbing, water lines, electrical lines) are very old. There needs to be millions of dollars of updates needed in downtown MV. The state does not have that much funding/grants available for these repairs. Raising taxes would be difficult since very few people here actually work and pay taxes.
Have you thought about investing some of your hard earned money to buy and remodel one of the buildings and start a business?? London, Somerset and Berea have a much higher tax base. Hmmmn.....Ashley Judd. There is the answer.....??
whout do u do u are a nosey thing u big tax payer u .
Stinky Henry

London, KY

#5 Mar 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
Rockcastle Co Fiscal court has the power to condemn (They have done it in the past)to make things better!(Check the Records)they could do it again!!!
saint

Butler, KY

#6 Mar 5, 2013
thows buildings are being used for money laundering. they sell them back and forth to hide funds,tax write offs.they even get the countys money to buy some.thats why they are steel there.
local

Sheridan, AR

#7 Mar 9, 2013
HELL YEAH!Write those letters of your complaint to your candidate and bigwigs. Talk about Mount Vernon like garbage. Maybe they will do something yet.Tell them about smalltown corruption& records if you know it.
ssssss

Manchester, KY

#8 Mar 10, 2013
Bubbha- wrote:
If you think Ashley Judd gives a damn about our lil shithold Mt Vernon, you really need to think again. She'll be just like the rest of the politicians. As for making restoring/improving these buildings, that's up to the owners of the buildings, state has nothing to do with them. And if they're county or city owned, then the city should have to pay to restore/improve them, not the whole flipping state of KY.
Stinky Henry

Glenpool, OK

#9 Mar 10, 2013
ssssss wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Ashley Judd gives a damn about our lil shithold Mt Vernon, you really need to think again. She'll be just like the rest of the politicians. As for making restoring/improving these buildings, that's up to the owners of the buildings, state has nothing to do with them. And if they're county or city owned, then the city should have to pay to restore/improve them, not the whole flipping state of KY.
Well you may be right but the others over the years have proved themselves about doing anything.She is your only alternative; I don't live there so I DON'T CARE!!!!!
Sad

London, KY

#10 Mar 10, 2013
Anyone would be better than Mitch , all he thinks about is being on TV , maybe him and Ashley should switch jobs !!
psycho

London, KY

#11 Mar 11, 2013
the reason mt vernon is dying is they dont want change. i moved here around nine years ago, and ive listened to the city turn down every idea. not to add the fact that hardly anyone but a few restaurants pay city tax so fck raising taxes. and why is it that all the people who run this town are old as shit. there isnt any young worth aa shit in this hell whole. fck mt vernon, its killing its self, its not the drugs theyve been here since before my a$$ and yours ive heard that from the older people. What would make Mt Vernon more profitable, kick the old out and allow some change. i say run a doser and knock down every one of those buildings, nothing but trash any ways theres nothing historic there any way half the people outside this town dont even know about MT Vernon, but they Know about renfro valley, even tho they pass it up just to ask directions and cant believe that trash is actually renfro valley, they always say i didnt think that was it,or we passed it we just thought they would be more to it....
Resident

London, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2013
Well all I know is miss Kirby had this place looking pretty good , she even got out and worked with the workers , but these old geasers didn't want her spending any money , and of course they brought out ever skeleton in her closet to get rid of her , her personal life shouldn't matter if she did her job , and she did more while intoxited than the rest of these penny pinching ( good guys have ), we need her back !! But she probaly wouldn't wipe her butt on this place the way the good ol boys treated her !!!
eeb

Brownsville, TN

#13 Mar 12, 2013
Stop complaining, start helping fix things, that is all we need, everyone get involved!!!
Stinky Henry

East Bernstadt, KY

#14 Mar 12, 2013
Resident wrote:
Well all I know is miss Kirby had this place looking pretty good , she even got out and worked with the workers , but these old geasers didn't want her spending any money , and of course they brought out ever skeleton in her closet to get rid of her , her personal life shouldn't matter if she did her job , and she did more while intoxited than the rest of these penny pinching ( good guys have ), we need her back !! But she probaly wouldn't wipe her butt on this place the way the good ol boys treated her !!!
Clarice did a lot for this town but as always these old GEEZERS who control everything got in to her personal life and made it public (As they do everytime something does not go their way)What I am trying to say is when the even hear the word progress they it stops them cold in their tracks SHIT!!!!!!
truth

East Bernstadt, KY

#15 Mar 13, 2013
The old buildings are worn out but they're still beautiful and tell a lot of history.
Wild Willie

East Bernstadt, KY

#16 Mar 14, 2013
Most of them are eyesores,just go around back and look then decide if they beautiful or not!!!
hillbilly.

Lexington, KY

#17 Mar 14, 2013
Wild Willie wrote:
Most of them are eyesores,just go around back and look then decide if they beautiful or not!!!
stay in sumerset thin.
luvsbreer

Lexington, KY

#18 Mar 14, 2013
Count yourself lucky at least you dont have a college running your city. I would be proud to be from Mt Vernon.
john

London, KY

#19 Mar 14, 2013
mv sucks
Sad Sallie

East Bernstadt, KY

#20 Mar 16, 2013
luvsbreer wrote:
Count yourself lucky at least you dont have a college running your city. I would be proud to be from Mt Vernon.
At least there is some leadership not 3 or 4 old geezers telling the so call leaders what to do!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr spaceship 131,867
Casey Renner 18 hr jerome 1
Wat time does the mail run in mt Vernon? 20 hr Single mother sup... 6
Who drives a black volkswagon? 22 hr shanna 1
is there any PARADES, and santas in mt vernon? 23 hr waaa 1
police at SHOV Wed answer 1
Missing Jewelry Wed Hateatheif 2
Mount Vernon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mount Vernon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mount Vernon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount Vernon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:00AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
Bleacher Report10:57 AM
After 13 Games on the Bench, Browns Need to Show Patience with Johnny Manziel
Bleacher Report11:59 AM
Jaguars Break Their Underdog Streak
NBC Sports12:40 PM
George Iloka: We can't do what we did last week and apply it to Peyton Manning
NBC Sports 1:09 PM
A.J. Green out sick on Thursday