Mt vernon Elem. is failing our kids

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
parent

Hazard, KY

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Did anybody else see the score compared to Brodhead and Roundstone.
Concerned Parent

Mount Vernon, KY

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Yes. Its pretty ridiculous! I was really disapointed & kinda concerned! Pretty crazy right?
i know

Hazard, KY

#3 Nov 13, 2012
They need to go through every teacher and see who are the ones not doing their job! These is very upsetting to every parent of a child there.
question

London, KY

#4 Nov 14, 2012
What is going on? I have kids there.
christy

London, KY

#5 Nov 14, 2012
their test grades where like only 20% in ky while roundstones was like in rhe 70% Im glad I went to roundstone:)
ohhhmy

United States

#6 Nov 15, 2012
Well they need to telll some of the teachers to GET OFF their phones and apple products and do their JOB!
LOL

United States

#7 Nov 15, 2012
You guys are sooooo funny, wanting to stir stuff up. Did you everthink about how many kids go to MT. Vernon instead of Roundstone or Brodhead? You do the math. It is a bunch more than what smaller schools are dealing with. I have two children who go to school there and I am thankful for MVES. They have been loved by their teachers and have been taught many great things. I am impressed that they cover so much,s ince they deal with soooooo many kids who are struggling with parents who are in jail, on drugs, and plain old neglect. Life is not about test scores. You may teach to the test, andhave great scores. So what and big deal. A quality education is what counts, not a stupid number on a test. You check out the environments some of the MVES kids are dealing with and add about 400 more kids to the mix and then you might be able to compare scores. Jeez! It takes parents and schools to work together to educate a child. As parents are we doing all we can to help them do better in school? That is a question for all of us.
Julianne

London, KY

#8 Nov 15, 2012
I was told that a teacher , ask for prayer at church , & said pray for the little children at school , they are pushed too hard , to learn , I say if a teacher is sorry for the kids , it has got to be bad.
virgo

Vilonia, AR

#9 Nov 15, 2012
sorry people. have to tell it like it is, my son went there 5 yrs. loved that school. dont let a newspaper article fool you get the facts.....all of them first. cant belive for one second the school where he learned so much could be so bad. i just dont belive it.
joyce

Hazard, KY

#10 Nov 16, 2012
I love most teachers at this school but I agree with some people my sons 5th grade math teacher last year did not teach my kid nothing I would ask what are you learning and did you do anything today? and they never kearned or did anything I dread to see his testing scores this year.
joyce

Hazard, KY

#11 Nov 16, 2012
LOL wrote:
You guys are sooooo funny, wanting to stir stuff up. Did you everthink about how many kids go to MT. Vernon instead of Roundstone or Brodhead? You do the math. It is a bunch more than what smaller schools are dealing with. I have two children who go to school there and I am thankful for MVES. They have been loved by their teachers and have been taught many great things. I am impressed that they cover so much,s ince they deal with soooooo many kids who are struggling with parents who are in jail, on drugs, and plain old neglect. Life is not about test scores. You may teach to the test, andhave great scores. So what and big deal. A quality education is what counts, not a stupid number on a test. You check out the environments some of the MVES kids are dealing with and add about 400 more kids to the mix and then you might be able to compare scores. Jeez! It takes parents and schools to work together to educate a child. As parents are we doing all we can to help them do better in school? That is a question for all of us.
Im sorry but I dont agree with your comment the kids at Roundstone and Brodhead are going through the same thing as MVES, your comment makes it sound that Rockcastle sends all the kids with problems to MVES.
LOL

United States

#12 Nov 16, 2012
joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sorry but I dont agree with your comment the kids at Roundstone and Brodhead are going through the same thing as MVES, your comment makes it sound that Rockcastle sends all the kids with problems to MVES.
There was no implication of that. Just stating facts that MVES has more kids and higher numbers. All schools have issues with children who are in sad situations. However add a couple of hundred more and see how easy it is to raise test scores.
must have went to mves

Liberty, KY

#13 Nov 17, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> There was no implication of that. Just stating facts that MVES has more kids and higher numbers. All schools have issues with children who are in sad situations. However add a couple of hundred more and see how easy it is to raise test scores.
but statistics should balance out

if u take a test with 100 questions and misss 10 u make a 90
if u take a test with 10 questions and miss 1 u make a 90
u are just making excuses u must work there haha
ggggg

London, KY

#14 Nov 17, 2012
must have went to mves wrote:
<quoted text>
The logic in your statistics is invalid; if one school has 300 kids, and 200 of them do fairly well whereas 100 do poorly, you'll have a score around 70-80%. If you have a school with 700 kids, it would take about 400-500 of them doing well to achieve the same score. I don't know where you were trying to go with the question analogy, but it did not make sense.
virgo

Harrison, AR

#15 Nov 18, 2012
must have went to mves wrote:
<quoted text>
think you need to go back to school
looking

United States

#16 Nov 18, 2012
Tell your kids to study harder quit blaming teachers for your kids being lazy
miss rockcastle co

London, KY

#17 Nov 18, 2012
ggggg wrote:
<quoted text>
The logic in your statistics is invalid; if one school has 300 kids, and 200 of them do fairly well whereas 100 do poorly, you'll have a score around 70-80%. If you have a school with 700 kids, it would take about 400-500 of them doing well to achieve the same score. I don't know where you were trying to go with the question analogy, but it did not make sense.
With more kids in the school more kids can do poorly than at Roundstone and Brodhead, the number of kids to the score made will balance out! that is why it is called an average. But I am not going along on any side they're great teachers at mves and they're not so great teachers there I just hope the whole school system looks into the problem here and makes some needed changes for next year! good luck!
Teacher

Tucker, GA

#18 Nov 18, 2012
Well if all the teachers at Mt Vernon Elementary would focus more on teaching and less on trying to sleep with each other, it would drastically improve.
mhmmm

United States

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Quit bitching and be a better parent and your kids wouldn't be such lil peice of crap
ooohhh

Krypton, KY

#20 Nov 19, 2012
mhmmm wrote:
Quit bitching and be a better parent and your kids wouldn't be such lil peice of crap
your mean and nasty but I do think parents need to be more involved if you dont care why should the teachers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr History Professor 149,567
Source HOV background checks 13 hr Applied 1
Kailey Grace Lovell Fri SchoolM8 7
i p adresses shared and posted Fri Neighbor is a hyp... 18
Pegs food mart Fri Citizen 4
RCHS Football (Oct '15) Fri Pig head 35
Gary hasty and cierra bailey back together Thu Hillary 3

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Vernon Mortgages