London, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2012
they just beat danville 60-0 way to go guys
worker

Manchester, KY

#2 Aug 14, 2012
rockets wrote:
they just beat danville 60-0 way to go guys
awesome job! I wish we could get another good class going through the high school and actually win a state championship!
rockrock

United States

#3 Aug 15, 2012
These 8th graders aren't going be all that in hoghschool most them are old enough to be sophmores so when they start hitting against kids there own age most of them will quit. Plus from what I here is the highschool kids now are tired of hearing about them n can't wait til they are freshmen so they can put them in there place
sister

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2012
rockrock wrote:
These 8th graders aren't going be all that in hoghschool most them are old enough to be sophmores so when they start hitting against kids there own age most of them will quit. Plus from what I here is the highschool kids now are tired of hearing about them n can't wait til they are freshmen so they can put them in there place
the oldest 8th grader is 14! which is the normal age for most of the 8th graders, even the ones that doesn't play any type of sport. the ones that love the game, won't quit. also, most of the high school kids hangout and have played with the 8th graders before. there is no reason to sit and put down these kids when they work so hard every day. they have the best middle school record as a whole. they only have lost 2 times, and 1 wasn't even their fault. they won district and conference last year. these boys are great! and they deserve praise for working so hard. when they get in high school, they will do great things. it won't surprise us at all when thy bring home a state title, then won't you all feel stupid for trash talking kids! they will need the support of their community, and the ones that bash them will only give them motivation. keep up the good work and ignore the critics. the ones that watch you play every game, know how good you are. Bring on Bell! Go Rock
worker

Manchester, KY

#5 Aug 15, 2012
sister wrote:
<quoted text>the oldest 8th grader is 14! which is the normal age for most of the 8th graders, even the ones that doesn't play any type of sport. the ones that love the game, won't quit. also, most of the high school kids hangout and have played with the 8th graders before. there is no reason to sit and put down these kids when they work so hard every day. they have the best middle school record as a whole. they only have lost 2 times, and 1 wasn't even their fault. they won district and conference last year. these boys are great! and they deserve praise for working so hard. when they get in high school, they will do great things. it won't surprise us at all when thy bring home a state title, then won't you all feel stupid for trash talking kids! they will need the support of their community, and the ones that bash them will only give them motivation. keep up the good work and ignore the critics. the ones that watch you play every game, know how good you are. Bring on Bell! Go Rock
well they are not the one's with the best overall record. My class was 2001 I believe, that year when I played the 7th and 8th grade teams went undefeated and won the conference championship. No one even came close to beating us that year. They are doing an amazing job though, I just hope all of them stick with it through high school and they are able to bring home a couple state championships.
sunday

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2012
14 is not average age retard you should be freshman at 14 , but any ways these are great kids just hope being held back like that don't hurt them when they get in highschool
sister

United States

#7 Aug 15, 2012
sunday wrote:
14 is not average age retard you should be freshman at 14 , but any ways these are great kids just hope being held back like that don't hurt them when they get in highschool
I was saying in the past couple years not many can say that. forgive me for not looking back to 11 years ago when, lol. their birthdays are past certain months and they can't start school because of it, then yes it is average age. they are 13 turning 14. for a freshman, they are 14 turning 15. there is only a handful that has been held back and their parents had their own reasons for doing that. that doesn't mean people have the right to sit and bash kids!
sister

United States

#8 Aug 15, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>well they are not the one's with the best overall record. My class was 2001 I believe, that year when I played the 7th and 8th grade teams went undefeated and won the conference championship. No one even came close to beating us that year. They are doing an amazing job though, I just hope all of them stick with it through high school and they are able to bring home a couple state championships.
and to clear up any confusion, they lost 1 in 6th and 1 in 7th. 2 total. 1 of which wasnt their fault. they have played some good tough teams and I'm very proud of their dedication
mom

Harrison, AR

#9 Aug 15, 2012
who plays on the team?
hoosier

London, KY

#10 Aug 15, 2012
sunday wrote:
retard. hope one of your children or grandchildren aren't born mentally disabled maybe you'll think twice about using that word.
sunday

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2012
Oh gosh everyone so touchy
Maddd

Brownsville, TN

#12 Aug 15, 2012
sister wrote:
<quoted text>
and to clear up any confusion, they lost 1 in 6th and 1 in 7th. 2 total. 1 of which wasnt their fault. they have played some good tough teams and I'm very proud of their dedication
Wasn't their fault, well whose fault was it, last time I checked the kids are the ones on the field
its kids

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2012
Maddd wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't their fault, well whose fault was it, last time I checked the kids are the ones on the field
the county we was playing, referees were cheating and made it very obvious.
get real, they are KIDS. is it really necessary to put them down? grow up
rock

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Aug 15, 2012
also in that game there was NO scoreboard and to be exact if i quite remember no referees
Maddd

Brownsville, TN

#15 Aug 15, 2012
Typical, blame another person and county.
future

United States

#16 Aug 16, 2012
As far as I know the junior and sophmore class at the highschool was just as good as these little 8th graders and the freshman now are huge big players so maybe in couple years they will win some titles, but I don't see no 8th graders starting in highschool until they are juniors , maybe 1 or 2 as sophmore but if any play as freshman then its politics , just my opinion
come watch

United States

#17 Aug 16, 2012
future wrote:
As far as I know the junior and sophmore class at the highschool was just as good as these little 8th graders and the freshman now are huge big players so maybe in couple years they will win some titles, but I don't see no 8th graders starting in highschool until they are juniors , maybe 1 or 2 as sophmore but if any play as freshman then its politics , just my opinion
if you honestly think that, you need to come watch these kids play! they are all good but honestly as freshman, there will be more than a handful playing, as you will see at the Friday night games next year. you'd be surprised at how good these kids really are, and some of them have no 'name' they make it for themselves. if they wasn't good, the high school coaches wouldn't be watching them, as they have since the start of middle school, and say they have real talent and think that with this team, they will be able to bring a state title to the rock. wouldn't that be nice? why be negative? uplift these kids, encourage them.
future

Dunedin, FL

#18 Aug 16, 2012
If they start as freshman then the rock is hurting cuz of politics have you seen some of the talent we got at the highschool they be a running back n two corners starting from this 8th grade group when they sophmores that's it ,,if any start as freshman all the upper classmen should transfer to north laurell
come watch
#19 Aug 16, 2012
future wrote:
If they start as freshman then the rock is hurting cuz of politics have you seen some of the talent we got at the highschool they be a running back n two corners starting from this 8th grade group when they sophmores that's it ,,if any start as freshman all the upper classmen should transfer to north laurell
who said anything about starting? i said they would play some..some may start but they are going to play their best players, not worry about a name.
rockets
#20 Aug 16, 2012
all i care about is seeing all of the rocket teams win. dont care about names ages or anything else like that. just want them to play hard and win baby win!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lestlie Higgins (Apr '09) 2 hr Flip 18
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CCzar 166,375
Thomas cromer 19 hr Tommy 12
News Two Found Dead In Rockcastle Co. Home Were Murd... Fri Athenesword 210
water (Jun '08) Fri happyto b gone 12
Did Little Caesars Pizza Change Their Crust? (Sep '15) Fri George 11
Blonde guy at Marcellas Fri Jessica 5

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance