Best Place To Eat in Rockcastle?

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Somerset, KY

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Where is the best place to eat around here?
champion of causes

Bolivar, MO

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Well, good places to eat around here are limited and hit or miss. Sometimes, the Mexican place on the hill off the 59 exit is good but the last few times, I did not enjoy my food. It tasted generic and the service was bad. It used to be great tho. The Rock Fire steakhouse was okay last night but not great. The best place I have found to eat around here lately is Dino's in London. The food is great and very fairly priced. Most dinners are around 6.99 to 7.99 and you will bring half of it home there is soooo much!!! It is really good. They have American, Italian, and Greek. I like the Greek the best.
hmmm

Pella, IA

#3 Jul 16, 2009
Where is Dino's at in London? Sounds good.
champion of causes

Bolivar, MO

#4 Jul 16, 2009
It is off the second exit in front of Kroger, kinda. Across 192 from Kroger. Tried the steakhouse at renfro again and it was not even mediocre. I won't be back unless the crowd I am with chooses. Most things on the salad bar tasted spoiled. Potato salad, cornbread salad, pea salad, only the coleslaw did not have an
off-flavor. They were out of my first two choices on the menu, also. That is poor management.
local

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2009
genes burr hill
Watcher

Pella, IA

#6 Jul 16, 2009
I like the Mexican place and the new steak house.
mt vernon resident

London, KY

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Watcher wrote:
I like the Mexican place and the new steak house.
I have eaten at the new steak house for the past two nights food was great and so was the service!
what up my peeps

Odessa, TX

#8 Jul 17, 2009
i like the snack shack, it is right in the middle of town and the service has always been super nice. i love my cherry cokes from there its the bomb
wtf

Berea, KY

#9 Jul 17, 2009
im suprised anyone hasn't said denny's.... lol
what up my peeps

Odessa, TX

#10 Jul 17, 2009
i never really cared to much for denny's
Renfro

Manchester, KY

#11 Jul 17, 2009
I like to eat at the Renfro Valley Lodge Restaurant..food is great and the service is too!

Since: May 09

Somerset, KY

#12 Jul 17, 2009
what up my peeps wrote:
i like the snack shack, it is right in the middle of town and the service has always been super nice. i love my cherry cokes from there its the bomb
You are SO right! Cherry Sprites are great too. you don't even seem to mind that its caffeine free.
wildgrape

Somerset, KY

#13 Jul 17, 2009
There will never be a really "good" restaurant until this county emerges from the darkness of prohibition and allows alcohol sales. Nice restaurants sell drinks, as they should and we wont ever get one until we do the same. I hope you guys love greasy fast food. That is all we will get until things change. We have a ton of potential with all the lake traffic and other travelers going through Mt. Vernon why let Richmond get all our deserved taxed money. Its our own fault that we dont have anything here. Put it on a ballot people help our county compete.
Watcher

Mount Vernon, KY

#14 Jul 18, 2009
mt vernon resident wrote:
<quoted text>I have eaten at the new steak house for the past two nights food was great and so was the service!
I think John has taken what he's learned and put it to good use there. The Pantry and the Smoke House issues have shown him that there is a right and wrong way to do things. o far every time I've ate at Rock Fire it's been fantastic! And I'm pretty darn picky.
disappointed

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Jul 18, 2009
I had lunch with a group of friends at RockFire yesterday, and was VERY disappointed. I wasn't the only one. The staff was nice, but we had to ask for plates for the hot buffet (which was sadly limited and not impressive) and there is NO dessert bar! Good thing the company I was with was so satisfying, because the establishment definitely was not.
Sarah

Durham, NH

#16 Jul 18, 2009
Well, give john a break. He is a vanwinkle after all. It does take a while for them to get things but only if they can get past their set ways.
rockfire fan

London, KY

#17 Jul 19, 2009
as far as a desert bar they always have deserts out that go with the bar they may not have a whole bar of deserts but at least the ones they have are not frozen imitations of deserts they are fresh and homemade.
Jim

London, KY

#18 Jul 19, 2009
mt vernon resident wrote:
<quoted text>I have eaten at the new steak house for the past two nights food was great and so was the service!
If it contains cream or chocolate, be afraid. Be VERY afraid!
rockfire fan

London, KY

#19 Jul 19, 2009
that is just wrong you are just being stupid!!
umm

London, KY

#20 Jul 19, 2009
Yes Jim, you ARE being stupid! For God's sake, tell then not to wait for yellow caution tape to surround the place to be their sign. Stay away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
biggest c**k in Rockcastle (Mar '13) 7 min Its true 25
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Robin 163,822
Renfro shutting down 4 hr Athenesword 20
Anitia Adams cheated om Chad Maffey 20 hr Curious 8
Sabrina hensley 22 hr Regina 40
dustin day (Jan '12) Thu Dirty trucker 6
Please help a single mother Thu Mhfd 7

Mount Vernon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance