What some stories of the good old days in MV?

Posted in the Mount Vernon Forum

Since: Jul 12

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Jul 4, 2012
Time goes by so fast and for what?
cory

United States

#2 Oct 11, 2012
Ginnie78 wrote:
Time goes by so fast and for what?
Believe it or not..... mt. Vernon used to be known as smiley face capitol of the world. In the late 80's it lost that reputation when paul harvey announced live on national radio "If you want to get away with murder... move to mt. Vernon IN. Then went into details as to WHY!!! go figure... mt bernon cops can't do their jobs and catch a criminal cause they were always eating donuts at chic-a-deli. Then in the late 90's. Paul harvey jr. Took over his fathers radio show and announced that mt. Vernon indiana was now METH CAPITOL OF THE WORLD. I guess it's a safe assumption that in mt vernon people will put on a big smile for you, and stab you in the back first chance they get, and then run off and get high with the police department over a crap load donuts and coffee. Thank god I left there and moved to hawaii 14 years ago after I graduated, people are so great here and no were near as crappy an atatude as the good ol home town mt vernon. Oh those WERE THE
Winks

Evansville, IN

#3 Jan 29, 2014
cory wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not..... mt. Vernon used to be known as smiley face capitol of the world. In the late 80's it lost that reputation when paul harvey announced live on national radio "If you want to get away with murder... move to mt. Vernon IN. Then went into details as to WHY!!! go figure... mt bernon cops can't do their jobs and catch a criminal cause they were always eating donuts at chic-a-deli. Then in the late 90's. Paul harvey jr. Took over his fathers radio show and announced that mt. Vernon indiana was now METH CAPITOL OF THE WORLD. I guess it's a safe assumption that in mt vernon people will put on a big smile for you, and stab you in the back first chance they get, and then run off and get high with the police department over a crap load donuts and coffee. Thank god I left there and moved to hawaii 14 years ago after I graduated, people are so great here and no were near as crappy an atatude as the good ol home town mt vernon. Oh those WERE THE
amen
intheday

Chardon, OH

#4 Jan 30, 2014
Back in the day we use to sneak into robin hill and 'ghost hunt' if we got caught we were just told not to go in there. The cops knew we weren't stealing anything or breaking stuff. Kids now days destroy everything and act like society owes them something. Mt Vernon used to be a great place to live now I wish I'd stayed away and not moved back. I heard the Paul Harvey comment on the radio too.

“I Don't Know If You Don't Know”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#5 Aug 5, 2014
forgive my spelling but i remember, k-mart, the box store later known as circus video, chic-a-deli, robin's hill, jr.'s food mart, druther's, thrill hill(by wesselman's), tollier's, kramer's lake, but i loved the 76 station!
Doily

Evansville, IN

#6 Aug 5, 2014
Ah I remember someone showed up in tutu at MV high school in the morning snow it 'twas the best memoir.. Thanks A.C

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who knows Larry Pedrotti? 5 hr really 5
chick wif bright red hair 7 hr brad 24
dakota Burgess 18 hr yeaisaidit 8
Roger A Greathouse Sr. (Dec '12) 21 hr Every1NeedstoKnow 30
Christian France (Jan '14) Mon blahblah 43
lauren guido Mon BigTrucks 2
lauren guido Sun wondering 1
Mount Vernon Dating
Find my Match

Mount Vernon Jobs