Attica, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Judged:

A travesty placed upon the citizens of Jefferson County by Sheriff Mulch and a few other elected officials.
the_devil

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

Judged:

half if not more of the shit instituted in mt.vernon is a travesty. how many times has mt.vernon been investigated because of unruly gas prices? at least twice that i know of. im pretty sure every one who runs mt.vernon is a complete idiot.

Since: Jan 13

Bluford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer....... actually, Roger Mulch was elected after the jail was built. If you would go in the foyer of JCJC on the right hand wall you will find a brass plaque listing the County Board members who chose to build the multi-million dollar albatross.... WITH OUT A PUBLIC VOTE! It is the COUNTY CHAIRMAN and HIS BOARD that decide on and approve the budget for JCJC and they expect the Sheriff to stay within that budget. The Sheriff has some input to the budget but, the Chairman and the Board hold the purse strings.
Regarding the latest travesty loosing the ICE prisoners, I believe the Chairman and Board knew all along JCJC was not in compliance with ICE requirements and I believe all along they knew the outcome. A recent letter to the RN editor supports some of that belief.
Jefferson County residents desirves to have a good investigative reporter find the facts. This smells like it has been fertilized enough to grow hair on a wooden leg. Their is an obligation to the citizens of Jefferson County to provide clarity and honestity that is beyond reproach. As voters we must know how this multi-million business we call Jefferson County is being managed.
Dont tread on me

Caseyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Good luck with a reporter doing any investigative reporting. They take sherif mulch at his word and never try to verify any of his statements with ice. I see that he claimed no knowledge of anything and blamed someone else. I guess he forgot the 2 separate meetings with ice where they informed him specifically of the medical issues. The first meeting was in June. He got caught with his pants down and did not want to take the blame for losing 500000 a month from ice and causing employees their income. If the people of Jefferson county knew the entire story it would make the sheriff look a lot worse than the board. I know you want to believe that your sheriff has integrity so keep reading your local newspaper and believe everything you read and hear from people associated with the politicians. Yes, the sheriff is a politician. How many people will ice detain when Obama gets his amnesty passed? Very few is the truthful answer. But I doubt anyone has thought of this in Jefferson county yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Vernon Discussions

Search the Mount Vernon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr skwirts 3,835
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sun newpoly 1,864
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sun Chicagobunny 527
Bryan Woods Jul 24 Budweiser 1
Walgreens Distribution Center Pay? (Feb '13) Jul 18 Rico 12
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 16 rdarbin 641
•••
•••
•••
Mount Vernon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mount Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••