Go to last page| Jump to page:

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

So Im a new employee. What exactly goes on behind the plant? And why doesnt any of the women there rat out those cheaters!? Is this all hear say or is what Im hearing about really true?
Senior

Bluford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Well, "newbie" I have worked there for nearly 40 years. Been in every corner of the plant in that time. I can tell you, without any doubt, that what goes on inside and outside of that plant is the same thing that goes on in every other major employer. In fact, comparing GT to other places, I am convienced it is the best place to work in Illinois. You can always find morality issues in every place of work. But my 40 years of experience there is proof to me that if you keep YOUR nose clean, respect your employer, fit in to the team, be at work every day and try to add to the work process with productive actions... Do those things and you will have a very successful carreer and good retirement. If you don't... well, no employer will want you.
Anon

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

To Senior, what about those who do show up to work and never missed a days work minus taking paid vacation and have never called in sick or called off ever. Yet GT will not hire me. Mind you I do not have any FELONIES on my record and am a very fast learner and a TEAM player.

Since: Jan 13

Bluford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Anon, I don't know about Senior but I have never missed a day in many many years... So, what to you mean by, "what about those who do show up to work.........." I have a closet full of perfect attendance jackets and several thousand dollars in savings bonds all for perfect attendance. Not bad.

So, they won't hire you... have you had an interview? How is your work history? Ever been terminated? I've seen a whole lot of folks start out there thinking they were on the good ship lolly pop....... only to find out, THEY HAD TO WORK! Or they work two months and think they should be promoted and go to day shift.

It is WORK. They pay people for WORKING and just as any other employer they expect people to be there on time for every shift they are scheduled.

If and when you are interviewed, I would suspect, you would need to present yourself as someone who has a passion to be an asset. Not show up in shorts and flip flops with a hand full of jewelery stuck in your face. You are there to sell yourself as the BEST. Sell yourself as the FUTURE. This is a one time opportunity for a career that can take care of you and your family, the rest of your life. You must have a work ethic that supports your drive to be the best.

And, honestly, I work out there.... the people I work with are EXACTLY THAT.... THE BEST! Yeah, if you look around, there are a few stinkers.... but if you watch them, they somehow don't last long.
Your right

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I have many years of factory experience. I have my application in there. I would love to get an interview. I am a team player, hard worker, never miss work. Can someone please tell me, what I need to do to even get an interview? I have good references ass well. Please let me know any secrets to getting an interview!
Your right

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

that should be as sorry. I seriously didn't mean to spell that wrong.
Tire Builder

Centralia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Are those two people in HR still having an affair? Have not been up to the office for a few months but he was always standing by her desk.
kent

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Those 2 people in HR are now married! Lol but he goy demoted to some safety supervisor job...still a dick!
yea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

I work in 325 and I hear shit all the time abt who's doing who and who's cheating on their spouse with one of the plant hoes!!! It does happen every day and its sickening!
LMAO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Guys must be plant hoes too if they are cheating on their wives. It takes two to tango!
smoke

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I agree its sickening! These people are married with kids! It aint right! I'll name some if someone else wants to also..... Be happy to out these skanky cheaters!
wife

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

smoke wrote:
I agree its sickening! These people are married with kids! It aint right! I'll name some if someone else wants to also..... Be happy to out these skanky cheaters!
I'd sure like to hear about the tire builders...

Since: Jan 13

Bluford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Take 3100 people together on 5 different shifts working together for 8 or 12 hours and there is bound to be some hanky panky somewhere. Marriage isn't something you get and it is there forever. People who stay married, work at it. Sometimes you have to work at it hard.

So, do not blame GT if you're too self centered to give and take, discuss issues with understanding and compassion. It is not all you (or them).

Don't blame GT if your marriage falls apart. GT had nothing to do with it. It was falling apart anyway.
curious

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

I hear the supervisors in mixing on 2nd and 3rd shift are the worst.
pumpkin eater

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

1Patriot wrote:
Take 3100 people together on 5 different shifts working together for 8 or 12 hours and there is bound to be some hanky panky somewhere. Marriage isn't something you get and it is there forever. People who stay married, work at it. Sometimes you have to work at it hard.
So, do not blame GT if you're too self centered to give and take, discuss issues with understanding and compassion. It is not all you (or them).
Don't blame GT if your marriage falls apart. GT had nothing to do with it. It was falling apart anyway.
So you're one of the cheaters...

Nice way to attempt to justify it though. If you're having "hanky panky" and you're married, you're a sorry little b@%ch. Real men wouldn't cheat until they've signed the papers, NO MATTER WHAT.

Wonder what (who) the wife is doing right now back at home?
tripp

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Your right wrote:
I have many years of factory experience. I have my application in there. I would love to get an interview. I am a team player, hard worker, never miss work. Can someone please tell me, what I need to do to even get an interview? I have good references ass well. Please let me know any secrets to getting an interview!
unless you are all in need of a job bad,i wouldnt.i worked there about 10 years.it use to be a good job.now its a joke.walgreens dc here is alot better.
Secret

Benton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Big scandals! I'm gonna start talking soon!
Suspense

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Secret wrote:
Big scandals! I'm gonna start talking soon!
we are waiting....don't keep it in, its best to let it on out
Do tell

Benton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, love to hear as well.
yes do tell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Would also love to hear, info from 325?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Vernon Discussions

Search the Mount Vernon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr newpoly 3,820
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 13 hr newpoly 1,832
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 11 rdarbin 641
Alderman on violence in Chicago: 'We've got a w... Jul 10 bensley reality 2
Sean Bruce Jul 9 LMAO 1
my daughter got hep c from tattoo place (Jan '14) Jul 8 Tattooed 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••