MCHS BASBALL BOOSTER

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Guess who our coach runs with? Johnny Nester! By talking to other parents thay have warned him in the past what this man can do to his career. Then he moves Johnny's son up to the JV and plays him over players who was with the team the past few years. He bats him and the asst coaches son at the top of the line up. He brings the little Thomas boy from Lee County with him because the coach and boys daddy was stars at Lee County and played High School baseball together. How political can it get,something needs to be done. Several players has quit the team and several more are contiplating leaving because of the favortism that is shown to the younger boys. Another younger player is transferring back to Clark County after this year because his dad said the coaches wasn't trying to help any of the kids other than the 3 mentioned. Several talented baseball players will not play because of the asst coach.He is a hated man who has one thing in mind,getting his sons college payed for. I do hope that Bart Rison will step in and say enough is enough.I Will be glad to speak up after my son graduates.Is there any other opinions out there about our baseball team? I hear that things weren't as peachy in Lee County under the watch of our baseball coach as some would think. favortism should not be tolarated at mchs.Johnny Nester,what a joke
SPELL CHECKER

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

sounds like someonelse has a son that isn't good enough to play a head of these other individuals!!!! Stop Hating!!!!
Danny Thomas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

I guess because my son bats 10th in the order on jv thats favortism. You don't know what in the hell you are talking about. The little Thomas boy didn't come from Lee County he came from Clark County and if you are referring that he is going back to Clark County then you better think again because he is at Montgomery to Stay. Bart and Phil Rison should be patted on the back for bringing such a good coach to Montgomery County. If your son can play ball he will get to play! Thank you for saying i was a star at Lee County along with Coach Combs. I keep telling people that but they wouldn't believe it! Thank you for Clarifying that. The boys don't play unless they can play. Trust me ,i would put the young boys up against any of the other boys at anytime.They are all good kids.
Danny Thomas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

One more thing. Kevin Lee is a good man who cares about all his players. I would let my son play for him anytime and anywhere. He has my sons respect and he knows the game of baseball.
Baseball Junkie

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

Danny Thomas wrote:
One more thing. Kevin Lee is a good man who cares about all his players. I would let my son play for him anytime and anywhere. He has my sons respect and he knows the game of baseball.
That's a crock of bull poop Danny!
Baseball Junkie

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

I think that some of the Techniques the coaches use are unheard of. Some of these players don't have a clue what the coaches are talking about. How are they going to learn if they don't have a clue? Kevin Lee coached MCHS baseball team the year before coach Combs arrived and he didn't use any of these Techniques ,now he acts if he invented them.Personally,I like Coach Combs but I do think he should keep his friendships and baseball separate. I'm tired of John Nester telling people that he is going to talk to the coach when things don't go his way with Jordy. On the bright side those 8th graders do have a lot of talent and I expect big things from them in the future. On a lesser note my child will all ready be gone by then.
sportsfan

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

the history of baseball in the Lee family speaks for itself in case your moron and can't read the newspapers, and if you can read the newspapers theres something in there every week. Drew Lee is probably going to get drafted and Tyler Lee will probably have the opportunity too and its not by luck that this happened its by good coaches and evidentally good direction by parents, not to mention the success of the Lee girls. So stay off the Lee Family!!
MCHS BASEBALL BOOSTER

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

This is really not about the Lee Family,it's about the coaches running players off who has worked extremely hard to put Montgomery County on the map and do something they haven't done since 1977 and win the region. I also have a concern when a parent brags he will talk to the coach so he can get his son on the pitching mound. Guess what? The father talked to his friend the coach because his son pitched in the next JV game. I guess they were thinking the same thing! Just wait and see when several more players quit and the little Thomas kid goes back to Clark County! If you don't think that's not in the works then you are mental. I don't care what his dad gets on here and writes. I know to many people over in Winchester who say he will end up back over there. Clark County is not going to let a ball player with that kind of skill and potential play for anyone else when he is in their own back yard. Maybe some of you should go and talk to the Athletic Director at GRC.Hitting can be taught skill can't. What happened coaches? You are to busy worrying about your own children and your friends children to work with anyone else.
Danny Thomas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

I appreciate the kind words you say about my son but he has a long way to go before he becomes a complete baseball player. Since you are so concerned about him and like to post a 13 year old boys name on the Internet let me tell you a few things. When you build a program you start with letting kids play when they are young. I figured you would know that since you knew so much about baseball. I think someone is giving you some bad information in Winchester,so whoever you are talking to you may want to quit listening because he is going to be at MC until he Graduates! Someone is either giving you some bad info or you keep using my sons name trying to make people think I am writing the above posts. Which ever it is it better stop! I don't take kindly someone putting my sons name on the Internet trying to stir crap and start trouble. I am very fond of Gene and his whole family and everybody involved with the MC Baseball program. The program is in good hands. The Little Thomas kid will start hitting when he grows and gets stronger and unfortunately that is something that we can't control. In My Opinion Gene Combs is the best High School coach in the state. You should try and come out and watch a practice and you would see why!
stop it

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

MCHS BASEBALL BOOSTER wrote:
This is really not about the Lee Family,it's about the coaches running players off who has worked extremely hard to put Montgomery County on the map and do something they haven't done since 1977 and win the region. I also have a concern when a parent brags he will talk to the coach so he can get his son on the pitching mound. Guess what? The father talked to his friend the coach because his son pitched in the next JV game. I guess they were thinking the same thing! Just wait and see when several more players quit and the little Thomas kid goes back to Clark County! If you don't think that's not in the works then you are mental. I don't care what his dad gets on here and writes. I know to many people over in Winchester who say he will end up back over there. Clark County is not going to let a ball player with that kind of skill and potential play for anyone else when he is in their own back yard. Maybe some of you should go and talk to the Athletic Director at GRC.Hitting can be taught skill can't. What happened coaches? You are to busy worrying about your own children and your friends children to work with anyone else.
What is wrong with you? Putting a child's name on the internet for everyone to see. You are pathetic. You shouldnt even be allowed on the ball field when you post a kids name on here. Grow up and get a life. You must be upset because your kid cant play as well as the other one.
Indians sports fan

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

u people kill me with this stuff. Good luck Montgomery Co. baseball team. I am sorry that the adults don't act like adults...
old sdchool stitchead

Bledsoe, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

To: MCHS Baseball Booster (Soreheaded Parent???)
I learned a long time ago that kids enjoy playing baseball a lot more when their parents keep out of it. Just kids playing and hanging out with their pals. If you are a parent who is trying to impose your failed dreams on your child and in the process pressure him, your creating an atmosphere that has little joy. So in the long run all he remembers is that he didn't like the game very much and quit because it wasn't any fun. Let the coaches do their job, if the AD didn't think they knew the game they wouldn't be there. Be supportive of your son's efforts and if in the end he isn't good enough be proud and help him find something to enjoy. As an older man he will remember that a lot more than your bitching about the coaches and who gets to play. Not every kid can bat cleanup and play the position of his dreams, talent and desire determine that.
The Gooch

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Montgomery County has a baseball team??
Danny Thomas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

forgot to mention that you say things weren't very peachy when Gene Left Lee County. I guess in a way you are right. Gene was getting calls all hours of the night by people begging him to stay trying to convince him that he needed to stay home. The people up there knew the baseball program would never be the same. I haven't Confirmed this but several people were wanting to jump off the Heidelberg bridge up there because he was leaving. I guess when something like that happens it's not very peachy!
Past Player

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Coach Combs coached me for one year in College and he has a wealth of knowledge. I don't know the current situation due to the fact that I don't live in Mt. Sterling anymore but I know when he coached us he was very firm but fair and like I said knows baseball very well. I emailed him when I heard he was coming to Montgomery County and told him he would love it there. I hope some people won't run him off because they think there kids are better than they are.
Elicia Combs

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Obviously the person who originally started this lie is not a MCHS booster. I do not usually read this gossip but when such disreguard is brought to my husband, the parents, the players and the coaches I had to respond. I feel that this "team" is a very strong team and it is people like this that try to bring it down as a whole. last night we were playing Clark Co. at home in a very intense game. This "opinion" was brought to my attention during this game. How inappropriate of all days to try to destroy the tempo of a team! Gene practices all the kids together. He pushes them all to their potential to make them see their importance not dividing them by age or years so they can achieve at their own pace. you all know nothing about the program!!!
Red

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

MCHS BASBALL BOOSTER wrote:
Guess who our coach runs with? Johnny Nester! By talking to other parents thay have warned him in the past what this man can do to his career. Then he moves Johnny's son up to the JV and plays him over players who was with the team the past few years. He bats him and the asst coaches son at the top of the line up. He brings the little Thomas boy from Lee County with him because the coach and boys daddy was stars at Lee County and played High School baseball together. How political can it get,something needs to be done. Several players has quit the team and several more are contiplating leaving because of the favortism that is shown to the younger boys. Another younger player is transferring back to Clark County after this year because his dad said the coaches wasn't trying to help any of the kids other than the 3 mentioned. Several talented baseball players will not play because of the asst coach.He is a hated man who has one thing in mind,getting his sons college payed for. I do hope that Bart Rison will step in and say enough is enough.I Will be glad to speak up after my son graduates.Is there any other opinions out there about our baseball team? I hear that things weren't as peachy in Lee County under the watch of our baseball coach as some would think. favortism should not be tolarated at mchs.Johnny Nester,what a joke
Gene,"asst coach Lee",you guys keep doing what your doing.You guys have forgotten more about baseball than this person will ever know.There are other options...Dont bash these guys,They are loved by a whole lot more people than you say hate them.
MCHS BASEBALL BOOSTER

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Danny i figured you would take up for the coaching staff. From what i hear you are not a very nice man. Looks like you would know how to treat people since being an officer of the law. Everyone has an opinion and i will stick to mine. I am very disapointed in our coacching staff.
Elicia Combs

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

If you are so disappointed in "our" coaching staff then have the guts to admit who you are and not hide behind a name as MCHS BASEBALL BOOSTER. I do not believe you would be considered to be with our coaching staff! Just another jealous person who claims to know something about baseball.
Crystal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

If your so disappointed in the staff, quit being a coward and speak up. You can say what you want about me and Danny but when you don't screw with my kids. My son has earned his spot on this team just like all the other kids. The 8th graders are expected to do everything in practice that the upper classmen do.
You are a jealous coward who son obviously isn't getting the playing time you think he deserves, so you hide behind your computer and put down other kids. In my book you aren't worth the dirt on the field.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of112
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Mount Sterling Forum right now

Search the Mount Sterling Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 16 min Boop 918
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 28 min sPam 81,188
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChristWarrior 122,515
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 138,304
Kroger 2 hr old man 6
I Love You 3 hr Two towers 3
Supt Powell nepotism audit deletions 4 hr Not so funny 42
•••

Freeze Warning for Montgomery County was issued at April 16 at 3:24AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Sterling Jobs

•••